Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Re: ROTARY in Brasil..?

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:41 pm

PS: I can't get enough of your avatar btw, lol love it

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:06 am

Masato wrote:$1000 / $300 does not go far. Certainly not enough to buy whole towns

Pancake Breakfasts and Softball Games do not garner this widespread presence imo

They were apologetic about the amount, said that they had hoped to give us more but they didn't raise as much as expected. The trade off is often much better for the recipient. I didn't use that example to show why they are so powerful in Brazil, I was just recounting an experience. They operate on a much higher level than just dinners and small checks, perhaps these poor towns have nothing else going on and the Rotary club comes along, builds a couple of sporting grounds for the kids, maybe donate to the hospital, raise money for kids to get lunch at school, blah, blah, blah...and the people look up to them as some sort of savior. Rotary obviously has an infiltration strategy for communities that are down on their luck and they use this to come and eventually take control. I would think that the more poverty stricken a community is, the more easily Rotary could move in and be welcomed.

And thanks for your comments on the avatar, good old google images comes through again.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”