News From Brazil

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

News From Brazil

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:31 am

Hey all

So my Father-In-Law watches the news in Brazil tons. I hate it, the goddamn TV is on way too much for my tastes but some interesting things:

They are continuing to crack down on high-profile politicians and top corruption. Lots of HIGH LEVEL people are going to jail, being investigated, people squealing left and right, hidden taped conversations... even the President Temer himself is being investigated

And unlike 'investigations' we are used to seeing in the US etc where top politicians and CEOs etc always seem to walk, it looks like many in Brasil are ACTUALLY GOING TO JAIL.

Super interesting, it was the top story the while time I was there, the country is really seeming to have enough of corruption and the mainstream media seems to be helping to try 'draining the swamp'.

Who knows if its all just a distraction from bigger things or what is actually happening, but I certainly have never seen anything like it in english-speaking countries

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:34 am

The other news story that is interesting is that in Rio, there is apparently a mini civil-war going on between the drug lords/gangs in the favelas and the police that has escalated to absurd levels

Just the other day it was revealed that the MILITARY has now intervened and have surrounded a certain hill where known drug lords are known to be. They are completely trapped and I suppose the idea is to keep them there and slowly close the noose until they are smoked out and apprehended or killed,

Here is a link my sister-in-law sent me that is supposed to keep up with live posts and images of the scene as it unfolds:

http://g1.globo.com/rio-de-janeiro/tran ... agora.html

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”