Issues with Remembrance Day/Veterans Day

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Issues with Remembrance Day/Veterans Day

Postby Masato » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Every year I have a hard time with this shit.

The narrative keeps saying to honor those who 'fought for our freedoms'... it glorifies the dead as heroes who fought a noble cause, paid a noble sacrifice. While those brave soldiers BELIEVED they were doing this (and in this sense they were indeed brave and heroes), my humble research has led me to see that they fought for other agendas indeed...

I find the whole thing a humble way of justifying today's military and their behavior, perpetuating myths and bedtime stories and making the image of a soldier something great, intertwined with patriotism and a complete disregard for the evils of war on any side.

I just can't stomach it.

Assholes like this who launched such horrible wars based on lies dares wear a poppy? At a ceremony apparently held by the Queen, lol who's family launched more wars than we can count.

They say 'Never Again', and 'Lest We Forget'... yet the banks and 'Oil'igarchs are still creating weapons and convincing soldiers to go and murder for political agendas.

Can anyone actually swallow the hypocrisy? To me I just see it as a mass-marketing mindfuck to make people keep turning a blind eye and 'supporting their troops' and more war. Pro-war disguised as Anti-war.

What does a poppy mean to you?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:13 pm

PS: was gonna post this at TMMAC but people might think I'm trolling, lol

This shit triggers people :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Also find it ironic that they chose the Opium flower for the symbol of remembering fallen soldiers of war.

Not like war and opium ever had anything do with each other, lol

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:07 am

The official reason for using a Poppy, seems rather lame.

"In the spring of 1915, shortly after losing a friend in Ypres, a Canadian doctor, Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae was inspired by the sight of poppies growing in battle-scarred fields to write a now famous poem called 'In Flanders Fields'. After the First World War, the poppy was adopted as a symbol of Remembrance." http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembr ... the-poppy/

Huh?

War Memorials seem to be celebrations of the mass human sacrifice.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”