Who or what is the Bubble boy?

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Redneck

Who or what is the Bubble boy?

Postby Redneck » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:15 am

Things don't just appear in our pop culture without reason.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:45 am

I think Trovolta's first starring role outside of Welcome Back Kotter was in that made for tv movie back in the 70s. Is this a remake? The first one was pretty cheesy as I recall, I think it purported to be based on a true story as many made for tv movies were back then.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Hey Redneck what's your angle here? What do you see as the significance of this as related to Grand Chessboard type themes?

just curious

thx

The Anti-Archon

Postby The Anti-Archon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:28 pm

If you believe Flat Earth, we are all Bubble Boys...

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:23 pm

A round earth is kind of like a bubble too, no? I mean we're all kind of stuck in, right? lol

I was thinking it reminded me about this new movie, about a hyper-VR world that people can go play in, and live more exciting interesting lives than their own:

Already I see the susceptibility for people to get sucked into e-worlds... whether its waking up to feed your virtual farm pig, or replying to a hundred Facebook posts a day, or getting lost as a video gamer. I have been known to get lost in forum-land for example, you have to check that and pull yourself back out again sometimes.

I fear a world where our attention increasingly shifts towards a virtual world... I went to a VR conference once and they were all speculating on the possibilities but I could only see darkness to be honest.

Maybe the metaphor for a 'bubble' will be played out as internet tech and AI grow... your existence would be known as your 'bubble', and there would be cutesy advertisements with various people floating around in their bubbles, yet still claiming and experiencing that they are 'interconnected'

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:34 am

Masato wrote:Hey Redneck what's your angle here? What do you see as the significance of this as related to Grand Chessboard type themes?

just curious

thx

I think it's intentional symbolism and subliminal conditioning, since that Travolta movie the theme keeps reoccurring in pop culture.

It tells the story of someone who can't get in touch with the real world due to a bubble that's been created around them.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”