Dec 18 'Twitter Purge'

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Dec 18 'Twitter Purge'

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Hey all

saw this hashtag floating around but didn't look into it until just now (today, Dec 18)

Apparently Twitter will be shutting down all accounts that THEY DECIDE is 'supporting' any 'hate groups' or posting 'hateful images or symbols', or uttering what THEY DECIDE is 'hate speech'.

2 of the primary arbiters that are leading the decision-making on what or what is not considered 'hate speech' are the ADL snd SPLC.

What's FURTHER, I have heard that they will not only do this based on one's Twitter activity, but will also track back what users are saying/posting/doing on sites OUTSIDE OF TWITTER, and judging whether or not their online behavior or associations fit into their definitions of the terms.

WOW!

This is total censorship and though-policing, no? Of course Twitter is a private company and they can do what they want, but what a shame that one of the most powerful ways we can share and learn information is now becoming victim to a specific political ideology and policing.

Apparently even our friend pepe the frog is now a symbol of hate speech, if you use this simple cartoon character anywhere, and are of any considerable profile on social media you may get blocked/banned.

I will be very curious how things go down by the end of the day, if the purge is minimal or if it will be a full gestapo cleansing

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:07 pm

'Hate Speech':

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Will they go after Antifa posters? lol

What a slippery slope to try to define what is 'hateful' and what is not. Such vague terms..! So easily used for political control and propaganda! How easy to just clean out an entire section of public opinion and silence your detractors!

CNN would have you believe the country is running rampant with Nazis and White Supremacists and hate groups but I really think you'd have a hard time finding too many that at are actually like this. Most victims of the purge I imagine are just posting ideas that the hardcore left doesn't want to have in their reality.

I follow a number of Twitter accounts from Palestine, showing daily vids of Israeli soldiers bashing people around at will, beating up and kidnapping children, etc... I wonder how many of those will disappear from my feed by tomorrow?

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 am

Oh no! If they banned my account, I just don't know what I would do!

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:59 am

Masato wrote:Will they go after Antifa posters? lol

What a slippery slope to try to define what is 'hateful' and what is not. Such vague terms..! So easily used for political control and propaganda! How easy to just clean out an entire section of public opinion and silence your detractors!

CNN would have you believe the country is running rampant with Nazis and White Supremacists and hate groups but I really think you'd have a hard time finding too many that at are actually like this. Most victims of the purge I imagine are just posting ideas that the hardcore left doesn't want to have in their reality.

I follow a number of Twitter accounts from Palestine, showing daily vids of Israeli soldiers bashing people around at will, beating up and kidnapping children, etc... I wonder how many of those will disappear from my feed by tomorrow?

They won't be going after antifa posters Masato. Just fascists. ;)
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:59 pm

lol, this guy rocked it: :D

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Twitter in a nutshell. Social media is poison for the brain, literally poison.

Check out dopamine, the hippocampus, and what it does to rats.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:42 pm

That's what Social Media® has done to people. I could give a fuck about online Karma. When it turns into something you care about, your brain is rotten.

Like, share, favorite, upvote, and rep if you agree. I'll hit you back ;)

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:45 pm

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Masato wrote:Will they go after Antifa posters? lol

This was just posted to YouTube

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”