Dec 18 'Twitter Purge'

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Luigi

Re: Dec 18 'Twitter Purge'

Postby Luigi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:56 pm

They got Jared Taylor, who is known to be respectful and keep his nose clean despite his dissenting views.

Btw Masato thanks for the new avatar haha. How long has it been like that?

Also I am going to Florida after Xmas so should be MIA for a week or so. Merry Christmas, Merry Yuletide!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:43 am

I got a badass av as well, I just noticed it myself, thanks bro! I'm guessing it's our Christmas present.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:25 am

So they took down Julian Assange's account apparently:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status ... 7129801728

Merry Christmas!

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:37 am

Russia Demands To Know Why Chechen Leader's Instagram Account Was Blocked

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/russia-demand ... 56956.html

Russia’s internet watchdog agency is demanding to know why Instagram and Facebook have blocked the social media accounts of Ramzan Kadyrov, Chechnya’s Kremlin-backed dictator.

Kadyrov reportedly lost access to both platforms on Saturday without explanation. He has accused the U.S. government of pressuring the social media giants to disable his accounts.

Washington imposed travel and financial sanctions against Kadyrov last week over alleged human rights violations by his government, including repression, torture and murder. He responded with a mocking Instagram post, in which he said he “can be proud that I’m out of favor with the special services of the USA.” Russia called the Magnitsky Act sanctions, which have also been aimed at a number of its own officials, “illegal” and “unfriendly.”

Kadyrov, a former rebel leader who is now loyal to Russian President Vladimir Putin, has a history of human rights abuses. Under his leadership, Chechnya has reportedly detained and killed scores of gay men ― although he denies this.

The authoritarian leader often posted bizarre photos and videos on Instagram for his millions of followers. One purportedly showed him attacking a crocodile. Another was a plea to help him find his missing cat.

Kadyrov made international headlines in early 2016 when he uploaded a video that appeared to show Mikhail Kasyanov, a Russian opposition leader, Putin critic and former Russian prime minister, being targeted by a sniper. The video, which Kasyanov described as “incitement to murder,” was eventually taken down by Instagram, angering the Chechen leader.

Kadyrov’s Twitter account remains active as of Tuesday. He tweeted to complain about his blocked Facebook and Instagram accounts on Saturday.

Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.
el rey del mambo

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:08 am

Luigi wrote:They got Jared Taylor, who is known to be respectful and keep his nose clean despite his dissenting views.

They went for JT because he's so respectful and charming.

In his own words "Well I guess I'm just too well behaved, which makes me persuasive, which makes me threatening."

Truer words have not been spoken.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Here is an article claiming that Facebook is meeting with the Israeli Government to decide who should be deleted on the ground that they constitute “incitement.”:

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/30/fac ... vernments/

Facebook Says it is Deleting Accounts at the Direction of the U.S. and Israeli Governments

The meetings – called for and presided over by one of the most extremist and authoritarian Israeli officials, its pro-settlement Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked – came after Israel threatened Facebook that its failure to voluntarily comply with Israeli deletion orders would result in the enactment of laws requiring Facebook to do so, upon pain of being severely fined or even blocked in the country.

Ever since, Facebook has been on a censorship rampage against Palestinian activists who protest the decades-long, illegal Israeli occupation, all directed and determined by Israeli officials. Indeed, Israeli officials have been publicly boasting about how obedient Facebook is when it comes to Israeli censorship orders:

Shortly after news broke earlier this month of the agreement between the Israeli government and Facebook, Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said Tel Aviv had submitted 158 requests to the social media giant over the previous four months asking it to remove content it deemed “incitement”. She said Facebook had granted 95 percent of the requests.

What makes this censorship particularly consequential is that “96 per cent of Palestinians said their primary use of Facebook was for following news.” That means that Israeli officials have virtually unfettered control over a key communications forum of Palestinians.

A 2016 report from the Palestinian Center For Development and Media Freedoms detailed how extensive was the Facebook censorship:

Pages and personal accounts that were filtered and blocked: Palestinian Dialogue Network (PALDF.net) Gaza now, Jerusalem News Network, Shihab agency, Radio Bethlehem 2000, Orient Radio Network, page Mesh Heck, Ramallah news, journalist/ Huzaifa Jamous from Abu Dis activist Qassam Bedier, activist Mohammed Ghannam, journalist /Kamel Jbeil, administrative accounts for Al Quds Page, administrative accounts Shihab agency, activist Abdel-Qader al-Titi, youth activist Hussein shajaeih, Ramah Mubarak (account is activated), Ahmed Abdel Aal (account is activated), Mohammad Za’anin ( still deleted), Amer Abu Arafa (still deleted), Abdulrahman al-Kahlout (still deleted).

Needless to say, Israelis have virtually free reign to post whatever they want about Palestinians. Calls by Israelis for the killing of Palestinians are commonplace on Facebook, and largely remain undisturbed:
One study found that ‘122,000 users directly called for violence with words like ‘murder’, ‘kill’, or ‘burn.’ Arabs were the No 1 recipients of hateful comments. Yet there appears to be little effort by Facebook to censor any of that.” Indeed, as Al Jazeera concisely put it: “Facebook hasn’t met Palestinian leaders to discuss their concern.”

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”