King Leopold II of Belgium

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

King Leopold II of Belgium

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:49 pm

According to this article he killed over 10 Million Africans in the Congo:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/hitler ... go-erased/

Serious Genocide, but you probably never heard of it. Some genocides worse than others, I guess..?

"Belgium’s King Leopold II ran a personal empire so vast and cruel, it rivaled – and even exceeded – the crimes of even some of the worst dictators of the 20th century.

When Leopold II ascended to the throne in 1865, he ruled with the kind of gentle hand that Belgians wanted from their king after the democratization of the country in the wake of the multiple revolutions and reforms. He had great ambitions of building an overseas empire, and was convinced, like most statesmen of his time, that a nation’s greatness was directly proportional to the resources it could extract from those colonies.

He disguised his business transactions as “philanthropic” and “scientific” efforts under the banner of the International African Society and used slave labor to extract Congolese resources and services. His reign was enforced through work camps, body mutilations, torture, executions, and his own private army.

The empire was known as the Congo Free State, and Leopold II stood as its undisputed slave master. For almost 30 years, rather than being a regular colony of a European government, Congo was administered as the property of Leopold II for his personal enrichment."

Interestingly, when we learn about Africa in the U.S., we learn about a caricatured Egypt, the HIV epidemic, the surface level effects of the slave trade, and if you went to a good school perhaps something about South African Apartheid. We also see lots of pictures of starving children on commercials, safaris on animal shows and we see pictures of vast savannahs and deserts in films and movies.

What we don’t learn about is the Great African War or Leopold’s Reign of Terror during the Congolese Genocide.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 am

Shifty, but not even close to what happened in North America to the natives here
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:23 am

We don't learn about the holodomor, or any other number of these incidents that have occurred around the world.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:20 am

Canuckster wrote:Shifty, but not even close to what happened in North America to the natives here

lol just lol

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Stfu cuck. Go get a semblance of an education.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Again, this thread isn't about pointing the finger at who's worse. It's about exposing the crimes of the British empire. Your opinions on one or the other are irrelevant in this discussion. You have a different opinion I get it,

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:56 pm

^^ actually that's a different thread lol... This one is just about Leopold II of Belgium, and shit he did in Africa.

I got the threads confused too don't worry :D

I don't get why Vutu laughed at the N American genocide, was nasty for sure. I have a student in grade 11 taking a 'Genocide' class. Curious as to what she is or is not learning about, and who wrote the curriculum and why

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Would the slaughter of North American natives (abos first nations whatever the fuck we're supposed to say) have possibly exceeded 10 million? How would we know?

What a strange time to have live, when the slaughter of another peoples in their own lands was normalized in the minds of your own.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Masato wrote:^^ actually that's a different thread lol... This one is just about Leopold II of Belgium, and shit he did in Africa.

I got the threads confused too don't worry :D

I don't get why Vutu laughed at the N American genocide, was nasty for sure. I have a student in grade 11 taking a 'Genocide' class. Curious as to what she is or is not learning about, and who wrote the curriculum and why

Woopsie doodle

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

Anyone who's read heart of darkness knows this. Y'all need to do some reading.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”