Iceland considers criminalizing circumsision

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Iceland considers criminalizing circumsision

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Iceland considers criminalizing circumcision

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... cumcision/

The first shot has been fired in the 21st century European war on religion. The front line is the tiny country of Iceland.

Members of Iceland’s parliament from five different parties have proposed a law banning circumcision. Punishment for those convicted of performing the religious practice would be six years in prison.

It is no surprise the first shot in this war is aimed at minority religions, too few in number to have any national clout. There are only about 100 Jews in Iceland, and some several hundred Muslims. They are too weak to speak out for themselves, but others outside of the country who understand the danger of criminalizing religious practices are speaking out on their behalf and on behalf of religious freedom.

Cardinal Richard Marx, president of the Catholic Church in the European Union (COMECE) called the proposed bill “a dangerous attack on religious freedom.”

“COMECE considers any attempt on the fundamental right to freedom of religion as unacceptable. The criminalization of circumcision is a very grave measure that raises deep concern,” Cardinal Marx added.

The European Conference of Rabbis also voiced its opposition to the bill. The chief rabbi of Denmark and the rabbi of Oslo are campaigning against the bill, which sets a dangerous precedent.

Circumcision has been a central sacred Jewish practice for 4,000 years. The story of Judaism begins with Abraham’s circumcision, the sign of his covenant with God. Ever since Abraham, circumcision has been the initiation rite of healthy baby boys into the people of Israel’s faith, practice and peoplehood.

Jesus of Nazareth was circumcised.

Circumcision is a Muslim practice as well, although for different reasons.

In fact, according to the World Health Organization, an estimated one-third of the world’s males are circumcised … no small number.

Iceland – and other European countries that are considering similar legislation – describes the ban in terms of protecting the health and rights of the child. But there is no substance to the health concerns, according to medical experts. According to the Mayo Clinic, circumcision may actually have some health benefits, including easier hygiene, decreased risk of urinary tract infections, decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections and a decreased risk of penile cancer. The American Academy of Pediatrics also notes that the benefits of circumcision outweigh the risks.
When the law concerns itself with children’s well-being it must consider the whole child.

In addition to the need for health and safety, children have psychological, social, spiritual and emotional needs. Among them are the need for a secure identity and sense of belonging to a family and a people; their ancestral faith group.

In her recent article, “The Zealous Faith of Secularism,” the author Mary Eberstadt explains today’s intense and widespread practice of identity politics as a reaction to the loss of the easy identity of elementary human connections society once took for granted. She writes,

” ‘Who am I?’ An illiterate peasant of the Middle Ages was better equipped to answer that question than many people in advanced societies in this century. … [H]e spent his days among family and in towns, practicing a shared faith, and thus developed a vivid sense of those to whom he was elementally connected … , she wrote.

Those who want to ban circumcision and other religious practices are not interested in children’s well-being, which includes identity and belonging. Rather, they are interested in imposing their own secular religion and culture.

Jewish history is very familiar with bans against its religious practices. It has seen this movie before – the ancient Greeks and Romans instituted circumcision bans - and recognizes the fundamental hostility underlying the proposed legislation.

Today’s Europeans may consider themselves sophisticated, modern or post-modern, but their words conceal primitive motivations. They are poised to endorse an ancient anti-religious tactic, and for the same old reasons – to impose their dominant religious culture on minorities in their midst.

The first shot in Europe’s war on religion may come from little Iceland, but don’t ignore it. Similar legislation is under discussion elsewhere in Europe.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Do you see banning circumcision more as an infringement on parental/religious rights, or circumcision as an infringement on the infant's rights?

(assuming you believe in 'rights' :D )

Its such a bizarre phenomenon imo

Absolutely weird, as is the debate in 2018.

Ayrshire Grappler

Postby Ayrshire Grappler » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:10 pm

Infringement of the infants rights.
BJJ Match Studies available @ http://www.Youtube.com/AyrshireGrappler

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Ayrshire Grappler wrote:Infringement of the infants rights.

A right to have a properly functioning cock when they get older?

LOL chics hate uncut cocks, general feedback I get is that they stink and that guys with windsocks blow too early. I think this is backed up by science IE too many nerves in a foreskin.

My son was cut, so was I. Dont like it? dont pierce your daughter's ears before she can give consent.. as many do

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:27 pm

^ haha no one says it quite like Vutu

Seriously those may be all valid reasons to cut... but what I am more curious about is how such a thing gets mixed up with RELIGIOUS doctrine. Like why would God demand such a thing? I know a bit of bible stuff, but don't recall any sort of commandment or where that was rooted or how Judaism, Islam, and Christianity all somehow decided this was important in a spiritual sense to get to heaven or whatever lol

With the right eyes it can seem to me as a mutilation, and is it not? And who are we to decide there is a flaw in this amazing human body and correct it?

Very bizarre practice, specially when related to religion.

I am cut btw, but I could not justify to bring myself to letting someone I don't even know hack up my healthy infant son after birth. He seemed quite perfect the way he was

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:05 pm

God: hey rabbi, can you uh, you know, cut that flap of skin off the end of your cock, because you know, I kinda fucked that up.

Rabbi:oi gevalt!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:07 pm

They already banned female circumcision so it seems logical to ban male circumcision, especially since you would still be able to get the procedure done if you were really religious, you would just have to wait until you were the age of consent. When I hear this debate my mind goes strait to the ancient Mediterranean where Greeks considered the uncut penis to be proper and Israelites considered it improper. As Hellenism spread the rabbis became distraught as the young Israelites started frequenting Hellenistic gymnasiums and stretching their dick skin to look like uncircumcised Greeks. Personally I'm with Masato on this one, it just seems so unintuitive to advocate religious dick cutting of babies. My family mostly likes circumcision because of the cleanliness angle, but I'm of the view that if you can brush your teeth with a strange implement and paste, you can take a minute in the shower to wash your dick.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 am

I think it's far saner to teach guys to wash their cocks than to mutilate them because you think they're too fucking stupid to figure it out themselves.

The dick is meant for reproduction not pleasure. If it comes too fast, then that's what it's supposed to do. but again, along the way we attempt to enforce some archaic religious practise and force it on the rest of the population for whatever stupid fucking reason.

Could you imagine the blowback if men started saying the same thing about female circumcision? " oh it's ugly and smells funny, I don't like it cut it off"

Yeah, fuck that shit
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:33 am

Iceland leading the way.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:44 am

Canuckster wrote:I think it's far saner to teach guys to wash their cocks than to mutilate them because you think they're too fucking stupid to figure it out themselves.

The dick is meant for reproduction not pleasure. If it comes too fast, then that's what it's supposed to do. but again, along the way we attempt to enforce some archaic religious practise and force it on the rest of the population for whatever stupid fucking reason.

Could you imagine the blowback if men started saying the same thing about female circumcision? " oh it's ugly and smells funny, I don't like it cut it off"

Yeah, fuck that shit

Totally different. Women on average have a harder time achieving climax than men. Men who can stay long are prized by women, women who cant or take forever to come are handicapped. Apples and oranges.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”