Do you have a moral issue with?

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Do you have a moral issue with?

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 19, 2018 1:38 pm

- Lets say you can change your body to a more athletic one, even a cybernetic enhanced one. Would you do? You keep your conscience. There aren't alterations on your behavior. Would you do?

You wount became Iron-Man, Cyborg from Dc Comics or Jiban(Thats is cooler han Robo-Cop). No super-powers Just a peak of human condition body.

Can you explain the reason why you choose your answer?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Sat May 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- Lets say you can change your body to a more athletic one, even a cybernetic enhanced one. Would you do? You keep your conscience. There aren't alterations on your behavior. Would you do?

You wount became Iron-Man, Cyborg from Dc Comics or Jiban(Thats is cooler han Robo-Cop). No super-powers Just a peak of human condition body.

Can you explain the reason why you choose your answer?

Trick question. Yes. That way I can paint, draw, write, sculpt and lead my group for centuries!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat May 19, 2018 9:22 pm

You have a group?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun May 20, 2018 6:37 am

Yep. Wouldn't mind being 10 centimetres taller. No reason to go overboard though.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun May 20, 2018 6:14 pm

Interesting question!

My tendency would be to not change who you are, but of course I can think of a million exceptions and hypocrisies.

Where do we draw a line? Lots of things we do to change our bodies to make them better, simple things like getting teeth fixed or getting a pin in our knee or eye surgery etc seems perfectly OK, but at what point does it become 'overboard' as Som says? I'm not even comfortable getting a vasectomy, lol don't like to alter what nature/God has given me, I like to be thankful and accepting rather than willful and imposing for the most part.

Certainly I think trying to alter ourselves towards machine bodies or AI interfaces etc seems to open a pandora's box of philisophical questions. Even plastic surgery gets me thinking about Man vs Nature, humility/service to God vs arrogance/free will etc.

Some people believe it is best to take it all in control of our own hands, become gods on earth, direct our own destinies without limit. Others suggest this only leads to ruin and suffering, and best to try not to start down that road too far that true peace can be found where you started, before you got greedy etc. On the other hand if you take that stance seriously there is little choice but to go be a monk or a bum etc.

PS: some taller shoes might gain you 5-6 cms Som, no procedures needed :D

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon May 21, 2018 12:21 am

I've got it covered, I moved to Thailand where I'm slightly above average height.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon May 21, 2018 6:22 pm

- I would like to have perfect sight. No needing glasses would be good. The athletic abillity of a cruser-weight.
A bigger lifespam would beveryscary thought. See all people and animals that we love going would be a nightmare.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:53 pm

No thanks
The temptation would be too strong to stop
We can always find things about ourselves that we want to improve and I really don't think people would be able to stop themselves from moving their conciousness into an android body making "you" esscientially artificial intelligence

Once people decide that the hive mind would be beneficial and they start uploading their conciousness to a network it leaves the possibility of being hacked and "you" being lost forever

These are extreme examples but it's where I see things heading once we open this box

I'd rather stay in my shit body, know I have a finite lifespan and use that as motivation to appreciate each day

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Illuminat3d0ne gets it :D

We have another cellphone thread talking about giving fingerprints and DNA etc. We're all getting closer to that 'chip'... the mark in the right hand.

Sometimes I wonder if the mark in the right hand is just a cellphone, lol I'm already sold to hell :shock:

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Masato wrote:Illuminat3d0ne gets it :D

We have another cellphone thread talking about giving fingerprints and DNA etc. We're all getting closer to that 'chip'... the mark in the right hand.

Sometimes I wonder if the mark in the right hand is just a cellphone, lol I'm already sold to hell :shock:

Check out my thread on them using relatives DNA from 23andme sites to catch rapists and murderers

It very well could be cellphones but I think it started with credit cards and then to debit cards
The info that gave them was incredible, it gave them access not only to your financial life but also made locating and policing people easier

It's a constant upgrading with technology and will land up with physical chips in us (people are already doing it), but "the mark" has already been with us for longer than I've been alive imo

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”