Matrix questions

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Matrix questions

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:47 am

Hey all

So I showed the kids The Matrix last night... what a great film. The whole red pill / blue pill theme, what is reality, uncomfortable truth vs pleasurable illusion, etc etc etc

So much food for thought, especially from a tinfoil hat perspective. The whole red pill metaphor has become almost a mainstream symbol for accepting truths/‘waking up’ for example (did that concept exist prior to the Matrix? Or did they invent it?)

Some questions though; why did they choose to call the last free human settlement ‘Zion’? Why did they choose to name Morpheus’s ship the Nebudchednezzer? (sp?)

Must be some deliberate references but can’t see the logic off the top of my head. The name Zion actually seems a bit ironic in some senses

Did anyone get into the sequel and part 3? I did not but wonder how the mythology plays out. And didn’t the creators (Wachowski brothers) didn’t go all wacky shortly after the films?

Lots to consider, again especially from a CT perspective. If anyone has pondered these films please share your thoughts and insights.

Thanks!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:03 am

Oh yeah, one interesting part that I had missed before or forgotten about;

There was a scene where Agent Smith explains that the first Matrix was actually designed to be a paradise where everyone had a great life... but it didn’t work because people somehow didn’t accept it. He goes on to tell his theory that humans actually function better when life is more of a struggle with some degree of misery, so they built a second Matrix where life was kinda shitty and it worked much better

Interesting thought. Reflective of Orwell vs Huxley for example. Might there be some truth to this?

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Nebuchadnezzar :) Nay Butchered Nezzarr

Matrix 2 & 3 are worth watching but I don't rate them as highly as the first ofc. The second had a lot of characters I liked even though many seemed rushed and out of place. The third tidies up the story while making it even more confusing at the same time lol, less characters but the scenes felt weightier, more impactful.

Roy Jones Jr cameos in both I think

I'm still disappointed to this day that we all went to see Star Wars : The Phantom Menace at the cinema and not The Matrix

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:36 pm

^ I don't get your 'Butchered Nezzar' joke?

Nebuchadnezzar also seems like an ironic name to choose, I really can't see what the relation would be between that king and the characters of Morpheus etc.

Any thoughts on the use of the term 'Zion'?

It all seems a bit backwards/inverted to me

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:47 pm

oh ^^

it's also used as a Magic : The Gathering card, and that's how me and my bro would pronounce it lol

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:58 am

I always find it aggravating how conspiracy theorists use the "red pill" metaphor to show how "woke" they are when they are all too often as ignorant or even more so than their "normal" peers.

NOBODY is "woke." Even I still have so very much to learn.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:09 pm

SRBrant wrote:I always find it aggravating how conspiracy theorists use the "red pill" metaphor to show how "woke" they are when they are all too often as ignorant or even more so than their "normal" peers.

Not understanding how you can say this, while in other threads you seem so skeptical of conspiracy theories in general....

I agree though everyone has much to learn, no one really has a clear understanding of wtf is going on

For me it’s just a basic acceptance of certain realities, if you still believe the official story of 911 for example or haven’t looked into the mountains of info that conflicts with it, or if you still watch and trust mainstream news on a regular basis, you are not ‘woke’. It’s a simple realization that mainstream propaganda in the west does exist, and that wars and foreign policy go beyond what the Hollywood model says it does. If you still refuse to look into these ideas, IMO you have swallowed the blue pill.

Beyond these simple realizations, we’ll there are many degrees of ‘woke’ that folks can debate or argue about forever

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Masato wrote:
SRBrant wrote:I always find it aggravating how conspiracy theorists use the "red pill" metaphor to show how "woke" they are when they are all too often as ignorant or even more so than their "normal" peers.

Not understanding how you can say this, while in other threads you seem so skeptical of conspiracy theories in general....

I agree though everyone has much to learn, no one really has a clear understanding of wtf is going on

For me it’s just a basic acceptance of certain realities, if you still believe the official story of 911 for example or haven’t looked into the mountains of info that conflicts with it, or if you still watch and trust mainstream news on a regular basis, you are not ‘woke’. It’s a simple realization that mainstream propaganda in the west does exist, and that wars and foreign policy go beyond what the Hollywood model says it does. If you still refuse to look into these ideas, IMO you have swallowed the blue pill.

Beyond these simple realizations, we’ll there are many degrees of ‘woke’ that folks can debate or argue about forever

Because humility and self-awareness are the two wheels that keep me stable.

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:07 pm

SRBrant wrote:
Masato wrote:

So the kitsune are like the spokes on the wheels?

Got it.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:58 pm

penxv wrote:
SRBrant wrote:
Masato wrote:

So the kitsune are like the spokes on the wheels?

Got it.

More like the road workers that fill in potholes before I run into them. If I concentrate I feel them gently reworking various events in the future to keep me out of harm's way.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”