When did Steven Crowder's channel get so huge?!

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Luigi

When did Steven Crowder's channel get so huge?!

Postby Luigi » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:36 am

The dude has 3.5 million subs, that bigger than giant mainstream gaming channels, movie review channels, etc. His undercover videos are pretty funny, but Im guessing its the "change my mind" series that got him big. I mostly remember him for pretending to be a feminist by taking his shirt off and writing feminist slogans on his chest in black paint lol

Generally Im not really a fan though, he is basically Bill O'Reilly but charismatic and young. You can predict his political view on absolutely everything because he always has the same basic 1990s conservative opinion. Weed bad, Jesus good, pollution isnt a big deal, etc.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:13 am

- I remember Crowder from Sherdog. Dont know if he got banned here.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:09 am

Ya it was actually Crowder who started the "You might not like it..." meme and it was a post about Fedor. Last I heard he got banned from somewhere, I think either twitter or Youtube.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:19 am

Hmm. Never heard of the guy before now myself :o
el rey del mambo

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:35 am

Luigi wrote:Ya it was actually Crowder who started the "You might not like it..." meme and it was a post about Fedor. Last I heard he got banned from somewhere, I think either twitter or Youtube.

- I watched a vídeo of Crowder called why woman cant be action heroes. I guess the doofus never watched Cinthia Rothrock! :roll:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Ya that sounds like Crowder. Considering how big he got its a shame he wasnt a bit more moderate with that old dad mentality.

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:53 pm

He started to get big when he went on rogan and they got into a huge argument over weed, after that he got really big in 2015/16 when trump was running and crowder gave full attention to trump and played into every right wing conspiracy theory he could (personally I don't think he was wrong on a lot of what he said on this topic)

I'm not really a fan of a lot of his beliefs but do find him fairly funny (I'm also a fan of Dave landau who is always on the show who is genuinely funny) and he brings on a lot of perspectives that are not being ran by the mainstream

He is not nearly as good of a debater as he thinks he is though, he has a tendency to feature debates where he's debating with an obviously less educated person on the topic so it makes him look good which is easy as fuck, he hides from real debate unfortunately which does hurt my respect for him

I do watch though a couple epidsode a week, even if I don't agree with his personal beliefs, he brings fairly good information with sources and he presents it in a humorous manner

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:22 pm

He seems genuine, but when he commercialized his show, I became very wary and the rarely listen anymore
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:45 pm

Also Crowder has a tendency to often have racial caricature skits which can be okay if done tastefully but generally its pretty bad and probably alienates a lot of potential audience.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm

See, I think racist humor is hilarious,
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”