What do you see? (pic)

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

What do you see? (pic)

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:25 pm

fungi wrote:Imo, such human behavior is "typical" in a way that humans will blow up buildings, and spread lies, and kill innocent babies, pollute, and go to other extremes in order to take away the resources from fellow humans. Greed is typical. Greed is the answer. Greed or selfishness, "me, Me, ME, MINE" is the root of all.

Canuckster wrote:humans are greedy,

word.

^ wow, really? Where do you live?

I am 38 and have seen only on very rare occasion people being outright evil and malicious. Most people are just a bit troubled at worst, all falling at times to anger or selfish bouts... but are basically good.

I think we are trained/conditioned to be greedy.
Research the names Edward Bernays, or Leo Strauss (Bernays was the nephew of Freud if you really wanna do some puzzle-piecing...)

The nature of money, nations, and resource-based capitalism pits us all against each other. TV inflates this culture, 'elimination'-shows like Survivor or those singing/talent shows etc make us think its all a competition. We must fight each other to survive, literally - but everyone instinctively hates it but is forced to play along.

Interconnectedness, fraternity and community are NOWHERE to be found in popular culture.

Yet indigenous cultures all over the world cannot grasp this, and instinctively are more communal.

Humans imo have certain triggers/buttons that when pressed we succumb to our conditioned reactions... and those wishing for control have been perfecting the art of activating those triggers for a LONG time. - Press those buttons enough times and it renders the person a complete slave, addicted to their own weaknesses/faults.

Developing self-control and understanding of these buttons and intelligently working to manage them is 1000% more difficult with constant exposure to capitalist media. Escape it and you find that the TRUE human nature just naturally rises to the surface.

fungi

Postby fungi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:01 pm

^ I don't think people are inherently evil and malicious. However, current socioeconomic/political system is designed to promote the SELF. We live in the age of SELF. "Selfies" are the IT THING today..

I'm trying to say that greed leads to corruption of the soul. Always. So called good people will bend over time to the pressure of greed. It's inevitable, imho.The only way to avoid greed is complete and absolute asceticism, which is almost too hard to accept as a lifestyle as well. I've been thinking about doing the "100 things challenge" for a while now. Yet, I keep buying stuff, and don't have the discipline to rid myself of "good" clothing I haven't worn in years... PATHETIC, I know... And I do own several cell phones, hahaha.

IDK, I think unless we, humans, make some fundamental changes in our paradigm, we'rdumed.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:29 pm

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-century-of-the-self/

"This series is about how those in power have used Freud's theories to try and control the dangerous crowd in an age of mass democracy. Sigmund Freud, the founder of psychoanalysis, changed the perception of the human mind and its workings profoundly.
His influence on the 20th century is widely regarded as massive. The documentary describes the impact of Freud's theories on the perception of the human mind, and the ways public relations agencies and politicians have used this during the last 100 years for their engineering of consent. Among the main characters are Freud himself and his nephew Edward Bernays, who was the first to use psychological techniques in advertising. He is often seen as the father of the public relations industry.
Freud's daughter Anna Freud, a pioneer of child psychology, is mentioned in the second part, as well as Wilhelm Reich, one of the main opponents of Freud's theories. Along these general themes, The Century of the Self asks deeper questions about the roots and methods of modern consumerism, representative democracy and its implications. It also questions the modern way we see ourselves, the attitude to fashion and superficiality."

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:08 pm

nice docu. I was eventually gonna post a couple Edward Bernays docus

Envy337

Postby Envy337 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:23 pm

They finally got the formula right on how to control a population. You can see it happening at different stages in present time.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:32 am

I was just chatting with a teenager waiting for my kids/his little brother at a school bus stop... says he has exams coming up.

I asked which would be the hardest, he said 'History'.

I asked what topics of history he is learning, and he gave me the crappiest rundown of WWI and WWII I ever heard. They are STILL programming these kids with this propaganda nonsense, generation after generation comes out with completely false and twisted ideas of history and how wars work. The teachers are spoonfed the fairytales and they regurgitate them back and call it 'education'.

When my kids get older their teachers are not gonna like me much, I am gonna teach my kids to ask the hard questions.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 am

Back on topic...

What do you see?

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”