Elementary Racism Lesson From 1970

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Elementary Racism Lesson From 1970

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Hey all

This is brilliant. - Real, Brave, Compassionate, Creative, Teaching:

These kids are learning to THINK FOR THEMSELVES...!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:31 pm

I remember when I was a kid in elementary school, if you didnt like something you called it gay(not meaning homosexual, simply meaning disliked) and if you didnt like someone you called them gaylord lol. A few weeks ago as a grown man I was hanging out with my friend who I had known since elementary school and his nephew, who is a young child, was at his house. One of us said "thats gay" and the nephew immediately said "theres nothing wrong with being gay!" My friend said to me "Wow, times have changed". It seems government institutions are very effecting at altering the way a child thinks, which no doubt in turn, alters our society.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 am

Luigi wrote:I remember when I was a kid in elementary school, if you didnt like something you called it gay(not meaning homosexual, simply meaning disliked) and if you didnt like someone you called them gaylord lol. A few weeks ago as a grown man I was hanging out with my friend who I had known since elementary school and his nephew, who is a young child, was at his house. One of us said "thats gay" and the nephew immediately said "theres nothing wrong with being gay!" My friend said to me "Wow, times have changed". It seems government institutions are very effecting at altering the way a child thinks, which no doubt in turn, alters our society.

Understatement of the year.

“There is no absurdity so palpable but that it may be firmly planted in the human head if you only begin to inculcate it before the age of five, by constantly repeating it with an air of great solemnity.” -Arthur Schopenhauer

“Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool” -Plato

“Schooling is a manufacturing process whereby the raw material called curious boys is turned into products called obedient men.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

"Education should aim at destroying free will so that after pupils are thus schooled they will be incapable throughout the rest of their lives of thinking or acting otherwise than as their school masters would have wished" -Bertrand Russell

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:18 am

The following quotes are from Bertrand Arthur-William Russell who was a renowned British philosopher, a supporter of eugenics and World Government. He’s had a huge influence in the scientific dictatorship that we all live in today. The following quotes will describe how governments use propaganda in public schools, TV and movies to shape public opinions and beliefs to manage large populations for the benefit of the elite.

The Scientific Manipulation of Public Thinking

“Science has given us, in succession, power over inanimate nature, power over plants and animals, and finally power over human beings.” “It is the manipulative type of idealists who will create the scientific society. Of such men, in our own day, Lenin is the archetype.” and Mao Zendong. “All real power will come to be concentrated in the hands of those who understand the art of scientific manipulation.” “Science will be diligently studied, it will be rigidly confined to the governing class. The populace will not be allowed to know how its convictions were generated” in other-words the public will not be allowed to know how it’s beliefs and opinions were scientifically manipulated by the government to think a certain way.

“Ordinary men and women will be expected to be docile, industrious, punctual, thoughtless, and contented. Of these qualities probably contentment will be considered the most important. In order to produce it, all the researches of psycho-analysis, behaviourism, and biochemistry will be brought into play.”

Shaping the Perfect Slave to be Content With Their Slavery

All the boys and girls will learn from an early age to be what is called “co-operative,” i.e., to do exactly what everybody is doing. Initiative will be discouraged in these children, and insubordination, without being punished, will be scientifically trained out of them. Their education thought will be in great part manual, and when their school years come to an end they will be taught a trade. In deciding what trade they are to adopt, experts will appraise their aptitudes. Formal lessons, in so far as they exist, will be conducted by means of the cinema or the radio, so that one teacher can give simultaneous lessons in all the classes throughout a whole country. The giving of these lessons will, of course, be recognized as a highly skilled undertaking, reserved for the members of the governing class.”

“It is to be expected that advances in physiology and psychology will give governments much more control over individual mentality than they now have even in totalitarian countries. Fichte laid it down that education should aim at destroying free will, so that, after pupils have left school, they shall be incapable, throughout the rest of their lives, of thinking or acting otherwise than as their schoolmasters would have wished. But in his day this was an unattainable ideal: what he regarded as the best system in existence produced Karl Marx. In future such failures are not likely to occur where there is dictatorship. Diet, injections, and injunctions will combine, from a very early age, to produce the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible. Even if all are miserable, all will believe themselves happy, because the government will tell them that they are so.” [*see Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World']

“As for the manual workers, they will be discouraged from serious thought: they will be made as comfortable as possible, and their hours of work will be much shorter than they are at present; they will have no fear of destitution or of misfortune to their children. As soon as working hours are over, amusements will be provided, or a sort calculated to cause wholesome mirth, and to prevent any thoughts of discontent which otherwise might cloud their happiness.”

Propaganda: From the Class Room to Hollywood

“From the technique of advertising it seems to follow that in the great majority of mankind any proposition will win acceptance if it is reiterated in such a way as to remain in the memory. Most of the things that we believe we believe because we have heard them affirmed; we do not remember where or why they were affirmed, and we are therefore unable to be critical even when the affirmation was made by a man whose income would be increased by its acceptance and was not backed by any evidence whatsoever.” (ex: how Al Gore is profiting off the lie that CO2 controls the temperature of the earth.) “Advertisements tend, therefore, as the technique becomes perfected, to be less and less argumentative, and more and more merely striking. So long as an impression is made, the desired result is achieved.”

“This consideration brings us naturally to the subject of education, which is the second great method of public propaganda. Education has two very different purposes; on the one hand it aims at developing the individual and giving him knowledge which will be useful to him; on the other hand it aims at producing citizens who will be convenient for the State or the Church which is educating them. Up to a point these two purposes coincide in practice: it is convenient to the State that citizens should be able to read, and that they should possess some technical skill in virtue of which they are able to do productive work; it is convenient that they should possess sufficient moral character to abstain from unsuccessful crime, and sufficient intelligence to be able to direct their own lives. But when we pass beyond these elementary requirements, the interests of the individual may often conflict with those of the State or the Church. This is especially the case in regard to credulity. To those who control publicity, credulity is an advantage, while to the individual a power of critical judgment is likely to be beneficial; consequently the State does not aim at producing a scientific habit of mind, except in a small minority of experts, who are well paid, and therefore, as a rule, supporters of the status quo. Among those who are not well paid credulity is more advantageous to the State; consequently children in school are taught what they are told and are punished if they express disbelief. In this way a conditioned reflex is established, leading to a belief in anything said authoritatively by elderly persons of importance.” “On the whole, at present in education, the form of loyalty to the State which is most emphasized is hostility to its enemies.” (ex: hating Muslims that supposedly did 9/11.)

Teaching Uniformity Through Hollywood and Television

“Modern inventions and modern technique have had a powerful influence in promoting uniformity of opinion and making men less individual than they used to be. [...] But in the modern world there are three great sources of uniformity in addition to education: these are the Press, the cinema, and the radio.” (ex: the media props up the candidates in elections telling us to vote for either candidate McCain or Obama and no one else, voting for anyone else would be a ‘wasted vote’.)

“Perhaps the most important of all the modern agents of propaganda is the cinema. Where the cinema is concerned, the technical reasons for large-scale organizations leading to almost world-wide uniformity are over-whelming. The costs of a good production are colossal, but are no less if it is exhibited seldom than if it is exhibited often and everywhere.” “The great majority of young people in almost all civilized countries derive their ideas of love, of honour, of the way to make money, and of the importance of good clothes, from the evenings spent in seeing what Hollywood thinks good for them. I doubt whether all the schools and churches combined have as much influence as the cinema upon the opinions of the young in regard to such intimate matters as love and marriage and money-making. The producers of Hollywood are the high-priests of a new religion.”

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:41 am

My biggest problem right now is seeing an almost complete lack of CREATIVITY in the school system.

I rant about the values of creative thinking here all the time, that magical result of mixing left and right brain together, to think outside walls of patterned thinking etc.

The education system here in Canada understands almost nothing of this. Very rarely we may get a special teacher, or some outside groups bringing REAL art to the children, but they most certainly do not get this in schools. Schools imo exist in fact to beat this out of them, lol - to teach only to follow EXPECTED behaviour and results. To repeat and memorize, rather than investigate and formulate. The public school my kids go to is notorious for this. There is ZERO art there, and the principal is absolutely clueless. (they do have a good music teacher though - this is more common in schools around here)

My wife is part owner of a local art school/studio for both adults and children, and we and everyone who comes are continually discovering how starved we are as a culture for real creative stimulus in our lives. Entertainment is NOT creativity, it is passivity. Few apps/video games are creative in nature. Most of our sports follow rigid rules of which we must not break out of.

And sadly, whatever is left for 'art' classes in schools/life is often so lame and UN-creative in itself! lol No graduate from Teacher's College here has any idea whatsoever how to stimulate the creative mind in children. Even worse, their 'art lessons' are almost always step-by-step cookie-cutter 'projects' where every kid basically gets the same result in the end anyways (which is in fact teaching the opposite of what good art should do).

It is a travesty, and imo it is killing us as a people.

Part of my goal here and whatever I can help with what the missus is making is to light this fire - it is SO EASY to show people the value of creativity. I don't think it will be hard to revolutionize this part of our education, and hope to achieve it to some degree before I am dead.

She moves into a new commercial space in September, I hope to get much more involved as we will have more space to hold events/classes/workshops etc. Wish us luck

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:50 am

I am brewing the idea of taking a cause to the ministry of education one day to have the name 'Art' (as a subject in school like Math or Social Studies) to 'Creativity'.

Kids would grow up with 'Creativity Class', and 'art class' would ideally become an old-fashioned term of the past.

It is a simple thing that would not take any great means to achieve, but I think it would drastically change the way we think about this. Teachers would all of a sudden be challenged to not teach 'Art' (as few are qualified to do)... but teach CREATIVITY (which imo any good teacher can find ways to do). Kids would not be judged by the quality of their drawing on the wall, but the level of INNOVATION for whatever project/challenge given to them.

Teachers now are lost about teaching 'art'. They have to look to resources for project ideas, they are not even exercising their OWN creativity, lol. - One simple word I think could change the whole landscape.

fungi

Postby fungi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Masato wrote:
“Ordinary men and women will be expected to be docile, industrious, punctual, thoughtless, and contented. Of these qualities probably contentment will be considered the most important.

As soon as working hours are over, amusements will be provided, or a sort calculated to cause wholesome mirth, and to prevent any thoughts of discontent which otherwise might cloud their happiness.”

Bread and circuses. Ancient recipe.

p.s. The video was hard to watch. But what a powerful lesson.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:52 am

Awesome posts Masato!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:03 am

I couldnt agree with you more about pretty much everything. Its really refreshing to see someone else who thinks outside the box and notices these things society seems to ignore, and give you weird looks when you bring them up. The fact that you also have a plan to pursue your goal it great too. I have always believed we can change the world, but people seem to think of it as impossible and just want to comfortably work within the system. In reality the system is often a tool to maintain the status quo.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:41 am

We can't change the world, but we can choose in what ways we wish to contribute.

I see it wrong to put a timeline on things; I used to be in a hurry for revolution, thinking that 911 truth would come blasting out into the public consciousness, dreams of exposing everything and a magical grassroots enlightenment...

If this happens I will cheer it on, but I can also see that 1 human life is just a blip, and I have witnessed quite a lot already if I think about it, relatively speaking. If it takes another 300 years for humans to really change for the better that's cool too.

We do our part, we give what we feel we are assigned to give. May be big, maybe small, we have to be ready to heed the call if it comes. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe a simple quiet life at home with family is doing more than the most fervent activist; there is no scale with which to judge.

I simply choose to believe that it IS changing, that slowly we are beginning to wake up and break illusions that have been imposed on us. One day, we'll wake up. Sometimes on a clear day you can see it off in the distance

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”