Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Flying Eye Angle

evilyoshida.com forums

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Any other not so known forums out there anybody want to share

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Hooray, they are back.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Heeyy, he's back!

you poured that booze out for nuthin Canuckster

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Flying Eye Angle wrote:Any other not so known forums out there anybody want to share

I have had trouble finding one I dig for a long time.

I started using forums at a site that is long dead. Sherdog used to be wonderful for me but its all twisted up now beyond repair, lol. Rogan board was fun but I got pinked

Other smaller ones I think take time to get the vibe... I explored NinjaShoes for a while but that's about it. They are cool but its a clique group, a lot of inside jokes etc. Plus there's this dude who has a big naked fat guy in his sig and I grew weary of seeing it all the time, lol

Evil Yoshida changed that, I really jumped in and felt at home there, it is hard to find smart political/conspiratology forums where the posters don't argue and insult one another. I am super psyched to see some of the members migrate here, guys like Winnson and Daglord are some of the best at EY. (now we need SuperCalo, lol)

In the end I am starting to realize my forum-addiction needs to be curtailed, lol. Here and EY are the only places I really enjoy, I can't waste so much time as I used to these days. I hope this forum can grow a bit more, imo there is an optimal size for a really great forum. Not as big as the RB, but bigger than we are today. I've done my best to try to make all the things over the years I've come to like about forums, and to avoid the things I don't like.

Any help to fertilize this place is always appreciated.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Dammit the boss is back, now we have to behave
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:50 am

I just joined SYCRA's forum:

http://sycra.net/forum/index.php

I have been living in illustrator-isolation for too long, looking forward to getting some inspiration from some rockin drawers/animators etc.

...we'll see how they feel about MMA and conspiratology, lol. I am always interested in how 2 completely different sub-cultures can sometimes harmonize so well. Lots of MMA fans are sharp CT puzzlers, and there is no doubt a strange tendency for MMA fans who are artistically inclined to express their love of the sport creatively.

I wanna see how these veins travel through the sub-culture I knew in college; that is the hardcore drawing/comic/animation freaks. Plus usually these kind of people are just really interesting folk

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Flying Eye Angle wrote:Any other not so known forums out there anybody want to share

its pretty well known, but godlikeproductions.com is tits imo. a great blend of the crazy/genius. like evilyoshida.com on PEDS. both great sites.

this is also a great forum btw.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:02 pm

I had Godlike bookmarked for years but never really spent time there... I just checked it out, lotsa good content indeed. (Also lots of wacky content though) It looks very big, moves very fast.

This is cool for its own reasons, but lately I much prefer a forum that is smaller and more personable... more of a community than just a huge open pit of strangers. EY is just about the perfect size/speed imo; big enough to keep moving, but not so big that you get lost, and can grow to know the regular posters etc. Also continuously impressed how respectful it is, considering they consistently deal with controversial topics. Most CT threads get angry real fast on other forums.

Hope EY doesn't get too much bigger, I've seen a few forums that were once awesome but became over-staurated. This is when mods are needed, and imo mods are the beginning of a forum's downfall :(

SYCRAs forum is dead, man. Too bad, had potential. I would love a forum where people talk about drawing, art, digital painting etc. I really hope to somehow get more artists here, not just shoopers.

I think once a forum dies its pretty much gone. We gotta keep this place alive, folks. I have yet to see a forum anywhere with quite the same vibe + content.

Lurkers: if you like this place come and help us evolve! We are growing, but still dangerously in need of some more momentum. Come share your world(s)!!

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”