Hello again everyone :)

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Joe Mama

Hello again everyone :)

Postby Joe Mama » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:39 am

(FYI - This is kind of a long read, but you can tell by the huge wall of text following this parentheseed disclaimer of sorts. STFU and read my nonsense please) :D

Whew its been a while since I have shown my face around these parts, but I thought I would drop by to say hello to all of my old F7'ers and the plethora of new talent and personalities that have come aboard.

While I haven't been 'absent' absent (Ive been lurking here and there) I definitely haven't been active around here like I was initially. I guess I do find myself in the minority (being a voice guy and not being able to shoop my way out of a paper bag) but I still enjoy the art and creativity that still flows from this place.

One thing I did want to share, was a link to a buddy of mine's site that could help some of the F7'ers in their animations... (Here is a little back story for it) :D

I was at a local MMA gym getting adjusted by my chiropractor buddy, and stopped to say hello to the gym owner whom I have known for many years. Next to him was another patron (already involved in conversation with him) whom I had never met before.
We spoke of upcoming events regarding the local MMA scene, and I told him of a 'premiere party' at a local night club and the fact that I had to cut 'bumpers' for the promo of this show.
Immediately this other guys ears perk up and he says "Do you think they would mind if I went and recorded at this party?" (As he pulls out a high end microphone and recording device)
Intrigued, (and sort of confused) I said "Sure, you are going to do fighter interviews and such?" To which he replied - "No, I want to get the sounds of the audience..."

He jotted down his name/number and website - The SFX Ninja http://soundeffectspodcast.com/

At first, I had a bit of difficulty deciphering the scribble on the paper. But once I did and started investigating this guys website - I was blown away!!

This guy is what I would consider the epitome of an 'audiophile'. His musical compositions are mind numbing (and I don't even get into that kind of music) and his dedication to capturing the 'sounds of life' is just well...

I guess I find this fascinating, as this is something that (myself included) most take for granted.
Sound effects...
I used to never give it a second thought as to how and who gathers these random bonks and crashes and squeeks and whatever other 'snippets' that help paint the visual in the minds eye when listening to produced audio.

Needless to say - I am blown away by this guy and his dedication to his craft.
Take a listen to his podcast(s) if you feel so inclined. They are entertaining, and he has a butt-ton of sound effects hosted on his site. (Which may come in handy for some of the creative forces here)

I will shoot him a message about this place as well, and see if I can't get him posting here.
His contributions to this place would benefit it greatly IMO :)

Thanks for taking the time to read my wall of (broken sentences and paragraphs) and I hope this reading finds everyone well.
(I promise to post more)

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:05 pm

Welcome home Joe bro.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Always welcome Joe Mama! VIP here 4 Life

Thanks for the tip... will check it out for SURE.

I am reaching the tipping point for starting some kind of indy podcast... I've been listening to radio & podcasts for long time and it just seems so easy to do and so much fun. I'm imagining making photoshop/shoop/illustration tutorials with audio chat over top, call ins etc. I need to blast through a heavy week of work but will look into it after that.

Any tips would be great.

Also thanks for inviting that guy to the forum! See if he drops by, would love to learn about what he does

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Dude you can be the bob Ross of podcasts! Fucking go for it!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Joe Mama

Postby Joe Mama » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:37 am

Canuckster wrote:Dude you can be the bob Ross of podcasts! Fucking go for it!

LOL This would be funny as shit!!

"Now lets add some 'emotion' to the Shael. Pretty little mouse clicks like this..."

Make it happen...

After you topple your other 2983563.761 other projects that you have on your list. ;)

penxv

Postby penxv » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Lol @ pretty little mouse clicks.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:45 am

- You can be Jim Ross Joe Mama.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Anarchy Zone”