Pilot project?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
BobbyD963

Pilot project?

Postby BobbyD963 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Masato wrote:If anyone wants to flip this whole thing and make an animated Political/Conspiracy comedy show I am IN 1000% :D

No, I like the idea of keeping it MMA. I do understand the points another poster said regarding it being such a small audience to appeal to but we are undertaking something different something that hasn't been done before. Whether our target audience is intended for millions but only reaches hundreds at least we can say we gave it a shot and had fun in the process.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:35 pm

BobbyD963 wrote:
Masato wrote:If anyone wants to flip this whole thing and make an animated Political/Conspiracy comedy show I am IN 1000% :D

No, I like the idea of keeping it MMA. I do understand the points another poster said regarding it being such a small audience to appeal to but we are undertaking something different something that hasn't been done before. Whether our target audience is intended for millions but only reaches hundreds at least we can say we gave it a shot and had fun in the process.

Agreed. We already have something pretty special going, we should honor that/not rock the boat. We're not trying to get a Primetime slot or anything, just trying to create some soil where we can perhaps bring our art to a new level

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:36 pm

BobbyD963 wrote:I'm quite fond of "Bobby's Big Beautiful Bonanza"

You need a word at the end that starts with 'C'.

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:39 pm

The demographic should still be MMA fans at first, but with an eye towards a wider audience.

I mean... If you got an audience and generated income, you can always start your own promotion and keep the focus towards MMA via vertical integration.

i understand that the UFC is all that's semi-popular right now, but watching a bunch of degraded down-and-out guys abusing themselves w/ steroids and painkillers and kissing their bosses' asses is not compelling in any meaningful way... other than to portray them as mind-controlled drones, which has already been done.

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Should definitely have a 3rd eye/pineal awakening, consciousness evolution aspect. Also maybe just a little bit politically subversive.

I'm keeping an eye towards getting back into MMA when this snow melts. Can contribute meditation, yoga, and fighting stuff. Also can assist with dialogue and writing.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 pm

penxv wrote:Should definitely have a 3rd eye/pineal awakening, consciousness evolution aspect. Also maybe just a little bit politically subversive.

I'm keeping an eye towards getting back into MMA when this snow melts. Can contribute meditation, yoga, and fighting stuff. Also can assist with dialogue and writing.

I like this.. I like content that is silly/just for fun, but wouldn't want to make a whole show that is only meaningless juvenile bathroom-humor etc.

I hope under the fascade of jokes there would be some intelligence, subtle hints at some more meaningful ideas. I try to do this with my own work, I hope with time to slowly push this more as things grow

One day I will be full on CT warrior :D MMA is my training-ground

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:42 pm

BobbyD963 wrote:I do understand the points another poster said regarding it being such a small audience to appeal to but we are undertaking something different something that hasn't been done before. Whether our target audience is intended for millions but only reaches hundreds at least we can say we gave it a shot and had fun in the process.

I admire your creative spirit, BobbyD... I believe this kind of attitude pays great dividends in life if one has the courage to pursue it...

However keep in mind what happened to my Sonnen's War comic; I put HUNDREDS of hours into that thing, and although I am very proud of it/glad I made it... it really went nowhere. Zero exposure, nothing.

I wouldn't want to do that to you guys... we'd need to improve on whatever things I did wrong.

If we put in the effort I would want to see some serious return for everyone one way or another, whether publicity-wise, financially, opportunity-wise, or opening more doors for creative work.

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:11 pm

I've been working on a kind of ambidextrous spinning striking style that I think will be very effective. I'm kind of psyched to get in somewhere and try it out.

Anyways... I'm going to delete this post and this video in a little bit but here is a preview.

http://youtu.be/MDKp-TbMGDI

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:32 pm

^ nice

Is that you? Youz a big dude

I should start this in the Martial Arts room but your video reminds me of a discussion I had last Saturday at a Sushi House; I was sitting with a friend of mine who is a big fan of Bruce Lee. He was discussing that Bruce never liked that his 'style' got coined as Jeet Kune Do (even though he made that name himself).

The idea was that Martial Arts should ALWAYS be creative, experimental, out of the box. Always be ready to abandon things that don't work, always keep the mind open to think beyond your learned set of moves.

(My friend also told me there were rumors that Bruce was doing psychedelics, which was new and fascinating for me)|

Its obvious to me in your vid that this is what you are doing, you are in a Jeet Kune Do state of mind; open, discovering etc

Do you think the current MMA style of fighting is becoming too restricting?

Do you think its possible one day that someone could come up with a whole NEW style yet again that completely surpasses and befuddles the current MMA book of technique?

In other words, could there ever be another Bruce Lee or Gracie-esque leap in evolution of Martial Arts?

This could make some interesting content for the show (humorous scenarios of such a leap)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Also, when you say "...to get in somewhere and try it out.", what do you mean? Do you compete in MMA/kickboxking matches? Do you fight elsewhere?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”