Pilot project?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Chuck

Pilot project?

Postby Chuck » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:36 am

Hey people. I'm responding to Masato's suggestions he made in the "International Shoop League" thread about creating a pilot. I thought I'd throw in my hat with a list of skills I could bring to the project.
-Photoshop and Corel draw experience
-voice overs
-Writing
-Drawing/Cartooning

Anybody else want to discuss this?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:04 pm

Wow Chuck, that is great news. You are a great leader, always had you on the A-list for a dream-team scenario.

I can bring:

-Writing/Conceptualizing
-Art Direction
-Animation direction
-Storyboarding
-Team/Project Management
-Illustration/Design
-Photoshopping
-Voices (not sure about impressions though, lol - have a microphone)
-Can create backgrounds/layers intended for animation (I do this for work, I know how to create the pieces, just not actually animate em)
-Am about to order the new Photoshop; apparently you can animate in it/has a timeline etc I am PSYCHED to figure it out
-Moral support :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:05 pm

What is the plan here do you think Chuck?

Do we find someone to pitch it to and then make it based on that discussion/meeting? Or do we just make a pilot and then shop it around and see who bites the biggest?

Maybe other scenarios, I don't know. I am admittedly not the best business mind :)

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:43 pm

I'm trying to respond from my inlaws. Their computer is so fucked up it has become virtually impossible to even compose this message! (Took me an hour to do this)
Gonna steal an I phone shortly.

BobbyD963

Postby BobbyD963 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:26 pm

I can animate any GIFs or videos with audio tracks. I have a huge selection of different audio sound fx and have a functional recording studio equipped with an octava mk319 condenser microphone and mixer. I can take already recoded audio and cut, edit, add, tune up or make any necessary adjustments. I can contribute ideas and jokes. As far as graphic design work goes I can do that when needed as well but I don't think we will be short on people to fulfill any graphic design type work.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:50 pm

I can tell you guys what sucks and what doesn't.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:38 am

Skilled in microsoft paint and paint.net(poor mans photoshop).

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:19 am

Masato wrote:What is the plan here do you think Chuck?

Do we find someone to pitch it to and then make it based on that discussion/meeting? Or do we just make a pilot and then shop it around and see who bites the biggest?

Maybe other scenarios, I don't know. I am admittedly not the best business mind :)

I wonder if we shouldn't make the pilot first. It would be the ultimate test to see if we're capable of translating "gif" humor into video. It would also help us work out the bugs as far as working together logistically.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:36 am

Canuckster wrote:I can tell you guys what sucks and what doesn't.

Good, and we'll need you to be honest about that. We'll have to have thick skin if we're going to put our necks out HAHA!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:29 am

BobbyD963 wrote:I can animate any GIFs or videos with audio tracks. I have a huge selection of different audio sound fx and have a functional recording studio equipped with an octava mk319 condenser microphone and mixer. I can take already recoded audio and cut, edit, add, tune up or make any necessary adjustments. I can contribute ideas and jokes. As far as graphic design work goes I can do that when needed as well but I don't think we will be short on people to fulfill any graphic design type work.

That is tremendous, BobbyD..! The style of your avatar would make for a very funny gritty crime noir pulp scene

I was also thinking we shouldn't even limit ourselves to animation; why not have some different live-action bits here and there if ideas come? If we get a chance to get some shots with real fighters, etc... I have a few skits in mind with the Saku mask I wouldn't mind trying...

- it should just be a wide-open variety platform show, but with lots of regular animated content.

I keep imagining for the opening credits that each contributing member gets a plug (like for TV shows); we could do lots of 'opening credit spoofs' from different shows! lol

Will not be easy guys... I think if anyone is serious about this, we should really sit back and consider where we want to set the bar, and how much work is involved.

The only reason I thought to find a sponsor first, was to perhaps wrangle some monetary incentive for people. I am totally willing to contribute to a pilot for free, but am also forced to be realistic/honest about how much time I can actually give (got fulltime work/family etc). Anyone in the ISL is also obviously willing to contribute out of love for our art, but are also busy too and without $$ we all need to understand this. If someone's life gets busy all of a sudden it should be expected that people will drop out.

I am saying this because I have been involved already in a few different projects where a team of people get excited about something but real life creeps in and shit gets shelved. Also projects of any finished quality ALWAYS take way longer than expected. They can drag, seem endless. You guys remember the Sherdog RPG game? That was a sad tale, I made a huge epic conspiracy level with full graphics and storyline etc, and the team fell apart.

If we do this, it will be a warrior's journey. Its a big task, and there is no use making a bunch of stuff imo if we aren't willing to go the 5 rounds.

ANYONE else here on the forum who is interested in this project is most welcome (Flying Eye Angle, etc)

Return to “Anarchy Zone”