Lifedrawing With Masato

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Masato
Site Admin

Teaching my first lifedrawing class tomorrow

Postby Masato » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Here are a few from the last session. Model was great, super experienced/pro

I was severely sleep deprived but I'm just getting started again. I'll post a few of my better works each week, see if any noticable progression comes out.

For now we are doing clothed modeling because the main reason I'm doing it is for some young teenagers I teach who may not be ready for it. Clothed modeling is good but I think later I'll ad an optional 3rd hour per night where we can get into the real anatomy live figure drawing

These are quick, maybe 5 or 10 mins:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:56 pm

Drew like shit last night, lol

hope next week is better

I'm nowhere near where I feel I should be, Lifedrawing is so weird.

The 1 student of mine I said who draws really naturally well, realistic proportioned figures came last night and loved it. She is a weird kid, I've never seen anyone draw like her, everyone else her age likes to draw manga and comic styles but she has this highly realistic style, super mature like the drawings of a much older person who has seen many different bodies

I wish we could be doing nudes :( I told the model last night 'please wear form fitting clothes'. I meant tight like real tight so we could see the anatomy but she wore these pants and a slim sweater, totally threw me off. In the end it was a good exercise, the lines on the clothes were actually very interesting to study and I think it may have also been good for the new/younger students. But I've been thinking/teaching anatomy for the past few months and I wanted to see some bones and flesh!

I'll have to work this out. I am enjoying the clothed sessions more than I thought, its actually very helpful for my job, I can learn better the way wrinkles behave, etc

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Hey all.

EVERY WEEK!!!! I am in heaven. Super fun

Mostly all noobs showing up so its only 2 hours... But true lifedrawing junkies know that its that 3rd hour where the magic happens. Also would be way better if these were all nude, but again we are targeting a younger/inexperienced market and I think they appreciate it being more personal, as nude figure drawing can be kind of weird. One good side is that for some reason 90% of models don't drive, so I am picking them up and driving them home every week, getting to know them. When models are naked I tend to prefer not to connect as much, just draw them.

Anyways, here are some of the better ones... I am stoked that I'll be doing this weekly for who knows how long, I can feel myself starting to loosen up already, starting to find my groove again but slowly

This night, the model never replied to my confirmation email... so I thought he wouldn't show. I found another model to cover, but then he showed up anyways so we had TWO models. They agreed to model together and split the cash, it was super fun they made up all kinds of poses and the male-female juxtaposition was really cool.

Here is a pose of the chick strangling the dude with a bungee cord:
:D

These are from last night:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:11 pm

^ all those poses are either 15 or 20 minutes

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Masato wrote:^ all those poses are either 15 or 20 minutes

- Does the model stay at one pose all that time? :shock:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Mullet Tard

Postby Mullet Tard » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Thats awesome. I'm trying to get into drawing at 30, just picked up a wacom tablet for digital

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:09 am

Mullet Tard wrote:Thats awesome. I'm trying to get into drawing at 30, just picked up a wacom tablet for digital

- Great screen-name.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:55 pm

WELCOME Mullet Tard!! indeed a great name, lol

What sort of things do you plan to make/draw/paint/create with the tablet?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Some sketches from the last session... I peaked during the mid-length gestures, then fell apart at the end, none of my longer poses worked out

These are all 1 or 2 minutes:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:14 am

Masato wrote:Was GREAT fun

I am totally re-inspired. Hope the other instructor shows up next week so I can do some drawing myself.

I am coming up with some cool ideas to help teach this that I've never heard before, looking forward to testing em out next time. Lifedrawing is so weird, most of the students can draw really well, but sit them in front of a model and all of a sudden they can't draw worth a shit, lol. Takes practice to get the eye/hand connection going. Very different that drawing on paper or copying stuff from a book etc.

- I admit. After reading Rob cometing about In character and all, i thought he was talking about masato, and i tried to find Masato on the pic. :(

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”