Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Super tired last night, wasn't drawing well. Salvaged 2

These are 15 mins each

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:47 pm

Last class I had worked the whole previous night so was on zero sleep in like 48 hours or whatever. I was super tired so was not sharp on anything but a few salvagable

Next week is no class cuz I'm going SONWBOARDING!!!! LOLOL

Next class Feb 1

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Drew like SHIT last week, nothing to keep. Model was very awkward, not fun to draw, maybe I'm making excuses lol

Last night however was great. I still wasn't on my game but the model was fucking great, we had a full house everyone had tons of fun and commented on the model. I'm gonna start only asking the best ones back

When lifedrawing there are a bunch of things you have to sort of all pay attention to at the same time (form, lighting, proportion, anatomy, line, etc) Sometimes one or two of these are working well, but another part is off. Other nights a different combination. Last night I was finding good form and could really see the lighting/shadows, and was also making good lines but my proportions were all way off. So none of the drawings worked, lol Its a real high when those rare times happen when all the things you have to do are all clicking together, they almost cease to be separate things, its a serious trippy state of mind.

I wasn't there yet last night but a few worth keeping:

This one lady said she kept drawing his legs too short/stumpy. From then on all her drawings had extra LONG legs... and MY drawings started having stumpy legs, lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:47 pm

- Did they learn to do anthropomorphic animals?

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:59 pm

^ not yet, lol but some of the youth like to turn all the poses into anime and goof around with it

I had to take a drawing test to get into the Animation School I went to, and part of it was a lifedrawing session where we were given a cartoon character design (some disney/WB squirrel) and draw that squirrel in the poses that the model was doing. Super hard but I passed the test

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:02 pm

We night was a clothed/costume session... super tricky but the costume was amazing. I want another crack at it, I was drawing well but the clothing slowed me down so much I didn't have time to make anything really work

1-2 minutes:

5-10 minutes:

15-20 minutes

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:08 pm

The next 3 weeks are great models I can't wait. None will be costume, back to anatomy studies again.

I have decided I want to become really good at this in my life. I am realizing the same sort of long-term dedication like in jiu-jitsu... but while I do not aspire to be a black belt in BJJ this life, I think I do aspire to be a master life-drawer in my old age if I get there.

Really digging it. A younger student asked me last class how to draw the shoulder/collarbone/neck from a top view and I had to admit I wasn't sure. I think this girl tries to test me, lol its not the first time she asks me extremely hard questions with a funny smile on her face :D

I have done my research and we'll go over it next class

This stuff really is like jiu jitsu, there is an endless body of knowledge to understand, and not enough hours of practice to be able to do them all, let alone well

here are a few samples I've seen on the net lately that have inspired me, I've been using them with my students to show

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:23 pm

a few from last session
(sorry the pics are bad I shot them at night w/ bad lighting

2 minutes:

20 minutes;

I found a class that does real nude sessions every Sunday afternoon, which amazingly fits my busy schedule. Didn't get to hit it this week but plan to go to a bunch to supplement this. Like with BJJ, I suspect that twice a week is the bare minimum to make any real progress. Real improvement in anything imo only climbs with steady repetition

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Last night was fun

I drew some shit on the back of my best one for a student to explain some shit and she asked if she could take it home without knowing there was a drawing on the back. I said yes so no pics of that one lol

Next week's model cancelled but got a new contact that I don't know what she looks like. Gonna try to hit this Sunday in Hamilton for some real nudes, but family life is always hectic plus work comin in

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”