Lifedrawing With Masato

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Lifedrawing With Masato

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Masato wrote:
I thought maybe since we don't draw full nudes (models are always sparsely clothed), maybe I could start scouting for fitness models etc. It would be amazing to have some models with really clear muscle definition and beautiful shapes

This guy from last Wednesday was pretty good but it just made me wonder more how cool it would be to have a real fitness model that is cut to hell to draw. I don't think I've ever had that to be honest its weird.

- I never atended a drawing class, besides art class whem i was a kid. But i thought you guys got people of the most varied shapes. Just make sure that people don't confuse you with a schmoe!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:59 pm

Well my session is done, had the last one.

Studio is booked up full, I may not get to start again for a while.

However I just randomly found this website from a group in Cali, opened my eyes to some possibilities:

http://gallerygirls.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TheGalleryGirls

How cool!!!! They hire only good-lookin comic-esque models, and do costumed themes etc. Some great ones!!

I am looking to maybe finding a bigger space to rent, it might be fun to set up something like this.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Not hosting any sessions for now... but found this place Tuesday nights about 20 minutes away that I might try to start hitting regularly. Problem is that's a BJJ night so I'll have to see if there is another class in the week to make up for it. 2X BJJ and 1X lifedrawing every week would be heaven

Last night was also my first night in a long time doing real nudes. The nights I hosted were all partially clothed. To my delight the model was a very pretty 20-something brunette with a flower tattoo on her chest. Lovely.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:26 pm

^ that last one was working well... all the poses were very short but there is something about an 'unfinished' drawing sometimes...

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 pm

How hard is it to draw with a boner?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 pm

^ can't say :D

Went again last night. So much fun, I think I will have to start shifting my BJJ schedule around for these :(

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:48 pm

from last night/ wish I could take pics of some of the other artists' work there, damn some skillz

There was a girl there drawing in marker and pen/ink, blew my mind. I wanna try next time.

Think I'll be going every week, I'm really stoked all of a sudden to work on my game. Even bumped a BJJ night for it, will be hard trying to make that class up somewhere else in the week

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Posted this one in the Inktober thread cuz it was done in markers, but re-posting here to archive cuz I kind of like it

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Holy shit! was browsing some back threads and found this link:

https://line-of-action.com

How could I not have used this yet?? Its amazing you can set your own personal drawing class, figures, nude and clothed, hands, faces,

Try it out, amazing amazing. I'm gonna use this tons

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:11 pm

From last night. The paper I had to draw on was all rough, not easy to use. Was having an off night but pulled a few together near the end;

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”