Guess the sprites!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Guess the sprites!

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:17 am

Jehannum wrote:progress report Image

the bulk of the static part is now complete ... done so much it's unreal

I've begun creating frames for the parts I've already animated, and will start ticking each of the 30 sections off 1 by 1 until I have all the frames I need. The main section that holds the 30 parts will also be animated, which is why I've got to do it this way.

Empty EMP has been helping me by making more pixel sprites and fixing existing ones so I have everyone I need. I'm really optimistic about having this ready for the weekend

just did a test run to make sure my system can handle rendering all 24 frames as a gif when the dimensions for each frame are 1200x1100 pixels, but it wasn't critical on my memory plus filesize was under 10mb. The end result may differ because I just mirrored one frame and duplicated the 2 until I had 24 frames. we shall see but I am a lot less worried now

Badass... but all this work for just 24 frames? They must be 24 crazy frames, lol

Never seen a GIF that resolution before sounds like it could inspire a new style of shooping :shock:

Can't wait to see it dude

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:32 pm

trying not to box myself in with a deadline, but I've got to redo a section and not half way yet with the first round of animating.

got a good system going tonight though, and my "complete" folder is getting bigger

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:11 pm

not kidding this time!!! I am actually close to the finish line with my (collaborative) pixel project

Empty Emp made me yet another new "character" and I've already reskinned it and animated it as part of a modified section I've been working hard on.

I've got the largest and trickiest section to animate yet, and a partially complete section. Currently creating a new file to load all the frames into which should be "fun" :P

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:26 am

It's mind numbing loading all the frames into a base file as there is about 700 in total, but I have been chipping away at it "one row at a time" and I've only got that one section to animate which I will do after I've finished this part, that way I'll just to need to load up those 24 frames and then I can start generating my complete frames with everything included.

I've been quite busy recently and I needed a break from staring at pixels, but I did redesign a "weak" section yesterday and animated it so I am pretty happy even if I missed my weekend deadline target by miles.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:10 am

^ lol awesome

It sounds crazy I can't wait to see!! lol

Is this a collaboration with Empty Emp, or did he just make a few characters for it?

(Empty Emp is one of my top favorite shoopers in the whole world btw)

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:51 pm

Masato wrote:^ lol awesome

It sounds crazy I can't wait to see!! lol

Is this a collaboration with Empty Emp, or did he just make a few characters for it?

(Empty Emp is one of my top favorite shoopers in the whole world btw)

I used 30+ sprites that he posted in this thread and he made some more on request, but he hasn't seen anything yet and I haven't given any spoilers either so he is waiting like "everyone else" for the end product.

today has been an interesting one. First I hit a layer limit for my main file ... didn't even know there was one, but it meant I had to divide the file into 3 which I finished a few hours ago. Then I tried to animate the final section and 24 frames is nowhere near enough so it has to be doubled to 48. I can see my animation ideas work for the section though, just gotta spend the time spacing it out properly.

right now the unoptimized jpg frames are 1.55mb each and I was already worried my system might struggle to render 24 frames let alone 48 ... I really don't want to optimize them and reduce quality, but I may well have to.

would be brutal to get this close and not be able to turn it into a gif.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:07 am

Fuck GIFS, you should learn how to start turning your shoops into YouTube vids. Add sound, etc.

Are you familiar with FLYING EYE ANGLE? He's got his own style but the point is that audio imo totally takes things to the next level. I have always wanted to learn but haven't found the discipline/time to sit down and figure it all out
post3869.html#p3869

After this project if you are still inspired to do bigger and more elaborate shoops, consider collaborating with others..! I've seen and been part of a few shoop-team projects and a whole lot can get done. Lord knows we are in contact with some of the best on the net... between you, me, Flying Eye, Emp, EOW, Chuck etc, holy shit was could make some thangz, lol These ideas become too big for 1 person to handle on their own.

Props to ya for doing it though I'm sure it will be grand :D There is something about that moment when you decide; 'fuck it, I'm making this' even though you know it will take forever. Commitment, man. Shoop Commitment :D :D :D

WAR Jehannum

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:20 am

Masato wrote:Fuck GIFS, you should learn how to start turning your shoops into YouTube vids. Add sound, etc.

Are you familiar with FLYING EYE ANGLE? He's got his own style but the point is that audio imo totally takes things to the next level. I have always wanted to learn but haven't found the discipline/time to sit down and figure it all out
post3869.html#p3869

After this project if you are still inspired to do bigger and more elaborate shoops, consider collaborating with others..! I've seen and been part of a few shoop-team projects and a whole lot can get done. Lord knows we are in contact with some of the best on the net... between you, me, Flying Eye, Emp, EOW, Chuck etc, holy shit was could make some thangz, lol These ideas become too big for 1 person to handle on their own.

Props to ya for doing it though I'm sure it will be grand :D There is something about that moment when you decide; 'fuck it, I'm making this' even though you know it will take forever. Commitment, man. Shoop Commitment :D :D :D

WAR Jehannum

making it a gif is part of the challenge and tests my shooping abilities. You can pretty much save anything as video and it will run smooth, but I really don't want to get into video editing (just to add, I HAVE made videos before and of gifs like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzHZBhetHhc)

I was still working on animating some walking last night and I will pick it up again later so hopefully I should be ready for generating frames tonight.

The closer I get, the more I think I'm not gonna be able to do it as a gif without sacrificing quality in a big way, and with it being pixel based, I need 100% quality really. it's possible though I can make it into a video and then convert it with instagiffer into a gif... if it's also not too memory intensive.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:58 pm

animated the last part! 48 frames done hehe it's badass ... and still fast but watchable

I'm such a boss

UPDATE 1: just animated the first 8 frames and turned it into a gif ... sublime.
if it will animate as a whole thing I will finish it tonight for sure.

the 48 frame change has ended up being incredible for the concepts involved too.

UPDATE 2: Rendered 24 frames, animated it a few times till I found the right settings and surprisingly the best one was under 1mb instead of 2.5mb+ and looks legit fullsize. it did take up a lot of memory while it processed but I am still very hopeful.

couple of mistakes I need to fix though ... a stray donkey and some magical trousers

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:53 pm

Well I re-animated another section to 48 frames rather than 24 as it was too fast, and I've fixed all the issues I've seen so far but I need to generate the frames again and save as a better format.

I've loaded everything up into my 3 main files ready to go but it's 5am and I'm exhausted :D

Return to “Anarchy Zone”