Trump & Killary ACTION FIGURE Set!!!!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Trump & Killary ACTION FIGURE Set!!!!

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:43 am

Empty Emp wrote:How do you make the faces look plastic? I've tried doing that before and it always turns out pretty poor.

It can be a bitch. I have chosen to be lazy with it, these faces are not as plastic as they could be but I find its not worth the fuss. If I was making a real hoax trying to pass it off as real for sure I'd spend more time but these are just for jokes.

If you want to make heads look plastic, there are a few tricks;

1. find a good photo without crazy lighting or any harsh unwanted contrasts
2. use the blur tool to rub over all areas except eyes/mouth etc.
3. remove detail under nose, make it just smooth and nubby
4. get rid of most wrinkles, if some are important you can re-draw them as simple lines
5. remove detail of teeth, make a single white 'mouthpiece' look
6. simplify the eyes as much as possible, even go in and trace the eyes as if a simple upper eyeline and dot for a pupil was painted on (think GI Joe figures)
7. blur/smooth out all detail in the ears, make them just little plastic lumps
7. hair can be a bitch, you try to make 'ribbons' with strong highlights on the bend. Smooth everything out with the blur tool, make edges look molded
8. add some shiny white highlights to parts facing light source
9. sometimes it helps to trace/hand draw the eyebrows as though they were painted on

But sometimes it just never looks right, lol. Other photos work nicely I often don't know until I try.

I was lazy on these ones but like I said I ain't tryin to fool anyone just wanted to knock some jokes out

These are some that I thought worked well in the past:

Spoiler:

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Masato wrote:
Empty Emp wrote:How do you make the faces look plastic? I've tried doing that before and it always turns out pretty poor.

It can be a bitch. I have chosen to be lazy with it, these faces are not as plastic as they could be but I find its not worth the fuss. If I was making a real hoax trying to pass it off as real for sure I'd spend more time but these are just for jokes.

4. get rid of most wrinkles, if some are important you can re-draw them as simple lines
6. simplify the eyes as much as possible, even go in and trace the eyes as if a simple upper eyeline and dot for a pupil was painted on (think GI Joe figures)
7. hair can be a bitch, you try to make 'ribbons' with strong highlights on the bend. Smooth everything out with the blur tool, make edges look molded
9. sometimes it helps to trace/hand draw the eyebrows as though they were painted on

But sometimes it just never looks right, lol. Other photos work nicely I often don't know until I try.

I was lazy on these ones but like I said I ain't tryin to fool anyone just wanted to knock some jokes out

Gotcha...there's no bippity-boppity-boo, so leave it to the professionals. ;)

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:54 am

Empty Emp wrote:
Masato wrote:

Gotcha...there's no bippity-boppity-boo, so leave it to the professionals. ;)

you don't think there's a crap way to do it with layers and transparency? maybe add a texture effect and adjust till you're happy?

Masato's way is for talented artists, and I don't know about you Empty, but that definitely doesn't apply to me, I'd be Shoop Hack 101-ing it all the way :D

I was unsure if they were real or not so @Masato you definitely did a great job lol and thanks for sharing all the others too.

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Jehannum wrote:you don't think there's a crap way to do it with layers and transparency? maybe add a texture effect and adjust till you're happy?

Masato's way is for talented artists, and I don't know about you Empty, but that definitely doesn't apply to me, I'd be Shoop Hack 101-ing it all the way :D

I was unsure if they were real or not so @Masato you definitely did a great job lol and thanks for sharing all the others too.

Yeah, I'm nowhere close to a professional level in terms of skill. I get by on good ideas. That's why I was hoping Masato would point me to some magic filter, but I knew that wouldn't happen.

Here's a couple I did a while ago where I tried to get that plastic look. I kind of like how the Cruz one turned out, but with Masato's tips, I see where I could improve it. The Cormier one, I way overdid the blurring, and like Masato said, the lighting and image quality made it a bad source image to use.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:34 am

Remember the crazy attention your Rob Ford & co. shoops got? Anything like that for these?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 am

^ nope Not yet anyway...

I am getting worse and worse/lazier and lazier at promoting things online. I can't stand doing that shit.

I posted on FB and Twitter, EY and the OG, that's it. It died @ the OG, and EY ain't that big. Twitter got a small buzz but I don't have many followers there. Someone on FB stopped liking my page over it, lol guess it offended her :D I can't recall how that Canadian series got so many views... (?)

I would be smart to get Instagram or whatever but I am really growing weary of spending time on all these sites looking for 'likes', lol can't be bothered with it much anymore. It sucks because I think these have the potential to get even more views than the Canadian series, being election time and everyone going Trump-crazy lol.

I just don't know where to post anymore to get it going, I don't subscribe to any other forums or groups etc. Just getting really lazy with online activity/feel stupid posting something too many times
I'd love to pump this forum up more but I'm starting to realize that to get shit viral these days takes a lot of work marketing and mass-posting activity but I got better things to spend my time on lol
Thanks to all keeping this forum alive in spite of it :D

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:39 am

Tweet it to Ariel and people like that. Maybe Dana. Post a thread on sherdog. I think for the rob ford one a journalist included it on a big website.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:45 pm

Masato wrote:^ nope Not yet anyway...

I am getting worse and worse/lazier and lazier at promoting things online. I can't stand doing that shit.

I posted on FB and Twitter, EY and the OG, that's it. It died @ the OG, and EY ain't that big. Twitter got a small buzz but I don't have many followers there. Someone on FB stopped liking my page over it, lol guess it offended her :D I can't recall how that Canadian series got so many views... (?)

I would be smart to get Instagram or whatever but I am really growing weary of spending time on all these sites looking for 'likes', lol can't be bothered with it much anymore. It sucks because I think these have the potential to get even more views than the Canadian series, being election time and everyone going Trump-crazy lol.

I just don't know where to post anymore to get it going, I don't subscribe to any other forums or groups etc. Just getting really lazy with online activity/feel stupid posting something too many times
I'd love to pump this forum up more but I'm starting to realize that to get shit viral these days takes a lot of work marketing and mass-posting activity but I got better things to spend my time on lol
Thanks to all keeping this forum alive in spite of it :D

I feel your pain

I've given up posting my shoops on twitter, theUG, tmmac etc and basically just focus on sherdog, with a daily check or 3 on this place :) I shared my UFC 200 poster to the imgur community too, made a bit of effort with the post etc and got 2 positives and 8 negative "votes" or w/e system they use. fucking ... fucks

who wants to dedicate themselves to getting more views when that time could be spent shooping? or doing pretty much anything else lol but it is shit when you spend a month on a project and only get 7 likes too.

why did god make us this way? :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:13 am

Jehannum wrote:why did god make us this way? :D

lol I don't know man but I'll take it

You saw Sonnen's War, right? the work-appreciation ratio on that one was crazy unbalanced lol

I figure we will get our day, this is just training. I got more things in the works than just shoops ;)

One day.... Keep honing your skills, & keep being creative for its own sake and making what you are inspired to make. That is how REAL art gets done imo

I am growing really ill of how much film/music etc is made from purely commercial motivation. People making what they think will be popular rather than what their creative muses are asking them to create. The best shit is when an artist who has refined their skills decides to trust that muse and say 'fuck it' to the fear of others' opinions and just makes what they feel they need to make... and then makes it well

keep going man!

FETT_Loadin76

Postby FETT_Loadin76 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:52 am

lol Very nice

Return to “Anarchy Zone”