Empty Emp wrote:How do you make the faces look plastic? I've tried doing that before and it always turns out pretty poor.
It can be a bitch. I have chosen to be lazy with it, these faces are not as plastic as they could be but I find its not worth the fuss. If I was making a real hoax trying to pass it off as real for sure I'd spend more time but these are just for jokes.
If you want to make heads look plastic, there are a few tricks;
1. find a good photo without crazy lighting or any harsh unwanted contrasts
2. use the blur tool to rub over all areas except eyes/mouth etc.
3. remove detail under nose, make it just smooth and nubby
4. get rid of most wrinkles, if some are important you can re-draw them as simple lines
5. remove detail of teeth, make a single white 'mouthpiece' look
6. simplify the eyes as much as possible, even go in and trace the eyes as if a simple upper eyeline and dot for a pupil was painted on (think GI Joe figures)
7. blur/smooth out all detail in the ears, make them just little plastic lumps
7. hair can be a bitch, you try to make 'ribbons' with strong highlights on the bend. Smooth everything out with the blur tool, make edges look molded
8. add some shiny white highlights to parts facing light source
9. sometimes it helps to trace/hand draw the eyebrows as though they were painted on
But sometimes it just never looks right, lol. Other photos work nicely I often don't know until I try.
I was lazy on these ones but like I said I ain't tryin to fool anyone just wanted to knock some jokes out
These are some that I thought worked well in the past: