Buddy Rich Slams Country Music

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Buddy Rich Slams Country Music

Postby Masato » Wed May 10, 2017 12:51 am

starts @ 9:45 mark:

Pretty harsh, imo... and I hate country music, lol

Is the point of music really just to push technical ability and innovation? Aren't sometimes the simplest songs the most powerful?

I'm not sure I agree with his sentiment. I agree that musicians who work hard and can perform at a high degree of skill are totally underrated, and I agree its a crime that the most celebrated 'musicians' & pop stars in the world are usually talent-less mofos who haven't put 1/100000th the time as other musicians. I even agree that country music blows, lol

But there is a magic in simple songs, and technical music and jazz sometimes can be just plain annoying :D

Regardless, WAR BUDDY RICH! and your plastic toupee too

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed May 10, 2017 4:26 am

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Mullet Tard

Postby Mullet Tard » Mon May 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Buddy Rich was famous for being a dick. Great drummer but certainly an asshole. I hate when people get "holier than thou" about music, like it all should share the same goal. Almost everything we hear is based on the same old twelve-bar blues or three chord progression anyway.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”