Surface Pro 3

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Surface Pro 3

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:31 pm

robbstar wrote:Thanks - I just took the motion graphic for the podcast and compressed it down into GIF. A wee after effects project from a year or so ago.

Aye he is doing well, went to Glasgow last month to see some plays that he had put on, he wrote and directed two of the four and organised the night, was pretty decent. Some "culture", apart from that he will still be ranting somewhere, someplace about how good the Zodiac killer film is hahha .

He is always writing, goes to a lot of writers, director and screenplay kind meetups in town. Hopefully I will see his finished feature sometime :)

I will tell him you were asking .

In terms of a podcast , just let me know what days you have?

Sorted.

Holy shit that is tremendous.. writing and directing plays? That is so cool. I have a lot of respect for the art of creating a good play, even though I don't go to see many plays lol. To tell a good story or move an audience with such minimalism right there live, its crazy man. Then again I get the feeling that the world of stage plays can get really weirdo quick too lol I was part of some plays in highschool and thought it was very creative. My daughter is part of some productions as well I always marvel at the stage designs and costumes and FX. I designed some Alice in Wonderland set props once that was really fun. I've said for years that when I'm older I'd like to direct a play. I keep recurring this idea to translate 'The Three Amigos' into a stage play for kids lol This is really inspiring

I'm curious as to these meetups, what you find there. I have developed a sense of solitude for my own writing, maybe from giving up in the futility of trying to get anyone to read yo' shit, lol I feel I know when what I'm trying to make is on point or not better than some outsider. But maybe I'm missing out. What is the point of the meetup groups? Do you actually read each other's stuff? Or just talk about story structure and have compassion for each other for suffering from various artists' syndromes? :D

Very cool stuff

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Thanks god we are getting some more artists in the house, lol

I just started hosting another 10-week LifeDrawing class last night and it sold out I am pumped.

I have some shit to share about my own feature film screenplays too, started some illustration designs to make a better pitch, but most of the heathens here don't care about that artsy stuff :D

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Excellent - Best of luck on the ten weeker. I am sure the folks will learn loads. Something i have been thinking about looking at. But I am cheap so i will just buy a book :)

Would bee real kean to see your illustrations , this is why i started drawing again. In the hope i can begin to visualise and create more depth in my writing. Even making rough sketches and creating chapters like I was filming them has made me focusing on the right things and forced me to cut lots of dead wood that is not needed.

The skill of theatre is so different from short films, the camera does so much work . The stage is open and the action must capture the viewer. Such an awesome medium.

The groups like "page to stage" and "write , camera , action" but that was years ago when Greg took me to them. Probably differnt groups now.

"page to stage" theatre specific -workshop your scripts, work with actors and directors to bring parts of your work to life etc

"write , camera , action" same deal -(actors, writers and directors rock up )you get to work with actors and directors to workshop your ideas, see how actors work with your ideas, see how you or another director would work the scene etc.

I have seen some amazing things happen at these workshops and I have seen actors and directors butcher peoples work, miss the point of the pice being work. But all in all both are great experiences for feedback about how and what you want your work to look like on screen.

Probably a few groups in your area, most allow you to go along as a spectator to get a feel for the workings of the group.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:03 pm

what times/days are good for you to podcast? I am on EST

Best times for me are weekdays 9am-4pm EST

Kids are off school in less than 2 weeks :shock:

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:39 pm

9 am should be 2pm my time.
I can do 29th or 30th, then almost any day the week after.

Sorted

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Lets do 29 or 30 because after 30th my kids will be home all day and I won't be able to cuss. :D

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Sweet, Fri 30th 9 am your time. Which should be 2pm my time. Sorted.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:58 pm

^ Hey robb, check your email

thx

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Some sketching, just learning the ropes :)
Attachments
old-fface16.jpg
old-fface16.jpg (19.61 KiB) Viewed 7158 times
Conan.jpg
Conan.jpg (37.58 KiB) Viewed 7158 times
anime-face.jpg
anime-face.jpg (45.76 KiB) Viewed 7158 times

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:32 pm

One more
Attachments
shreck.jpg