Surface Pro 3

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
robbstar

Re: Surface Pro 3

Postby robbstar » Tue May 30, 2017 9:45 am

I do not. Like an account to sell your stock, selling images etc. I thought about a few years back with my photography but never got round to it. To easy to steal.lol Digital Piracy is real haha ;)

No - I photoshop a lot and sell t-shirts at www.theenergeticmind.com but that's me just getting into drawing. I needed something to switch my brain off. Got caught up in the dog eat dog world of not stopping, breathing or doing anything for me but I have now returned to the calmness via drawing :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 30, 2017 1:28 pm

Hey robbstar great to see you back again

You need an avatar! Pitch me a theme I'll make ya one

This is very cool I didn't know you were into drawing as well... sheesh you are a creative mofo, so many mediums you create in! Always super cool and inspiring.

As a pro illustrator for 16 years I should be able to give advice but I can't, lol I am somewhat out of touch with technology. I bought an ipad Pro last year with a fancy pressure-tip pencil to go with it but barely use it. I use it sometimes its fun but I have been doing my work the same way for so long I'm just so fast and comfortable that way I end up just keep coming back (Photoshop + Intuos tablet)

I also hear ya about finding/making time to be creative, this is my life in a nutshell, lol. Between work, family, kids, maintaining a house, and BJJ, finding time for creativity is too often a losing battle. I can squeeze bits here and there but I am learning that I produce the best stuff when I can be just left the fuck alone for like whole days at a time, and really sink into a creative rhythm. These extended uninterrupted times are hard to find.

I noticed you haven't been doing any podcasts for a while, was missing them. Lets do another episode together! we can bitch about being artists in a capitalist society :D

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:40 pm

woft a masato avatar, love it . A brain transcending into nothingness. but even this is just an illusion.

Always up for a Masato podcast, art, capitalism, magic, drugs, BJJ and more .... love it. Just let me know when you are free.

The wee surface tablets run photoshop on windows so you would be at home, the only difference is your drawing right on the screen. I suppose just like the really expensive wacom numbers. The apple ipad is restricted in it runs apps and not full software.

Aye time is a funny beast, i find my self having an abundance of time this week but over the last few months I couldn't catch my tail. It seems to be all in the mind of how I perceive the time and how I prioritise the importance of items. When I had no time I found myself watching hours and hours of shit tv, evenings lost to drinking beer and surfing facebook, proper balls. At the moment my priority is thinking, creating, writing, drawing, and grappling. I should put the wife in their as well :)

Just let me know about the podcast.

Sorted.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Hey man ^^ thanks

I'd love to get into some discussions with you. I just got started on a huge work project, I'll be fucked for the next week and a bit but maybe before the end of June we should hook something up.

That balance between work and life, lol Its almost uncanny, work was slow so I got super inspired and got TONS done on some personal projects... I could easily do more but I was happy with the milestones I achieved for now, then BAM work comes back in and takes over the scene, lol. No creative work for a while now. All in waves...

Keep in touch, hope to see you around here some more, and let us know if you do any podcasts in the meantime, I always tune in

later

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:16 pm

PS: You'll have to wait for the avatar too :D

gimme 2 weeks, I've been meaning to make a few avatars, they just don't climb the priority list well lol

see ya

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Masato - yeah time is a fickle master - Work first it puts the food in the belly :) Just let me know when your good to go. Will need to work out the time difference again and boom. On like donkey kong :)

Sorted.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:36 pm

All right. Life is always busy but lets see if we can sync it up.

Nice avatar, btw :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:37 pm

How's the Bearded Master of Sci-Fi doing?

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Thanks - I just took the motion graphic for the podcast and compressed it down into GIF. A wee after effects project from a year or so ago.

Aye he is doing well, went to Glasgow last month to see some plays that he had put on, he wrote and directed two of the four and organised the night, was pretty decent. Some "culture", apart from that he will still be ranting somewhere, someplace about how good the Zodiac killer film is hahha .

He is always writing, goes to a lot of writers, director and screenplay kind meetups in town. Hopefully I will see his finished feature sometime :)

I will tell him you were asking .

In terms of a podcast , just let me know what days you have?

Sorted.

BfaetheCP

Postby BfaetheCP » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Zodiac is a modern day masterpiece
The day the sharks rise is the day i fear

Return to “Anarchy Zone”