FREE BOOK - Smartphone Media Production

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
robbstar

FREE BOOK - Smartphone Media Production

Postby robbstar » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:55 pm

https://smartphonemediaproduction.com/

Giving away my book for free between the 12th and the 14th of June,2017 on Kindle to see if it drives any interest reviews etc. If you use Kindle grab a free copy by finding it on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smartphone-Med ... 995687307/ )or clicking the top link on my website.

Canny beat free, especially when it is half decent :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Hey man this is cool, thanks for sharing the offer with us here

The ability to actually be a 1-man media producer is powerful shit, and an ability that is historically to be respected. What a crazy age where such a thing is possible. Like never ever before. People can do great things with these tools, and for that I am betting your book is fucking aces.

I am personally struggling however with a growing distaste for phones and tablets etc. Its kind of freaking me out how many kids I see that are right hooked on them, adults always playing with them. Its like that episode of Star Trek where Wesley Crusher saves the whole ship from an addictive video game, lol To keep up you pretty much have to immerse yourself in it, get all the latest updates, experiment and learn all the software, etc. You become a digi-sapien :D

On the other hand like I said, being a 1-man media producer is powerful shit. But what to make with these skills? What is worth making? That is up to the maker

I'll pick up a copy in case one day I get inspired to make something of this nature. I just don't wanna turn into one of those phone-people, maybe I'm scared lol

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 pm

It is true - the power is in the people hand yet most don't even realise. I am pretty much sure/ convinced that when the masses move from content consumers to content creators the game will change. They can't censor everyone.

"Digi-sapien " wowo I love that - I am a digi sapien - hahah I made a bit of art that reflects this. But yeah I totally agree with have begun our fast march to becoming cyborgs, phones are addictive and a powerful tool for our overlords untill we realise how to use them. And as you say knowldege and skills are useless you have to put them to good use and that takes time and effort. Most people don't like the idea of work, they would rather switch off and observe someone else creative narrative.

:(

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:19 pm

It wouldn't allow me to upload it, strange.
Man evolving into a digi-Sapien or a spiritual being after being created by the gods and moving past the shackles of the gods.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/the-energ ... 092439234/

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:37 pm

^ I'm guessing you created that image? I love it

What are those globular things on the left in the magnification window things? Are these images of any specific significance to you or do they just look cool? WHat about those masks between the planet and the alien? I don't recognize the style. Is it Inuit?

I love photoshopped collages as a means of expressing large complex ideas

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Top left is the ancient aliens - Statues from Mesopotamia and South America next to a Grey alien engulfed in a galaxy.

Below this is the panspermia - the idea we were seeded from space. These are the seeds coming to earth.

Across the horizon is three ancient engineering feats that still leave us boggled. (The left is tiwanaku Bolivia)

Across the grass, we have the supposed evolution of man! Directly above the Egyptian pyramids faded into the earth is the face of Neanderthal.

Far right we have man silhouetted out in work clothes (bag, rat race-9to 5) with an electronic brain. Directly above him is the spiritual potential if only he would look inwards the last human-like image is a merging with the universe ie us reaching our potential.

It all takes place with the earth in the background hinting at the idea that we might not be the only planet this has happend on.

HHAHAHAH well that my ideas anyhow :)

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:45 pm

a
Attachments
xSmall.jpg
xSmall.jpg (11.11 KiB) Viewed 8072 times

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Small.jpg
Small.jpg (60.29 KiB) Viewed 8072 times

Masato