Artists re draw old drawings

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
robbstar

Artists re draw old drawings

Postby robbstar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:24 am

Found this to be pretty awesome . It is amazing how there skills improve - comparing two similar images over years.
http://www.boredpanda.com/draw-me-again ... ed-skills/

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Yes! that is super cool

There are some kids that I've been teaching now for like 5+ years, I've got to see the difference in their work go way up

Sadly, I don't see as much progress in my own work, lol. Admittedly I don't really push myself outside of once-a-week lifedrawing. The stuff I do for work is all fast and I've developed a sort of cheating system that gets the job done in time but has not really improved my skills. My job is all about speed and deadlines (storyboards etc), and not about how well they are done or how cool they look. Just fast dirty functional expendable stuff

When I see people practicing a lot and sketching properly and getting really good I find it really inspiring

Here is an artist I was browsing his site and he has a book list for books he recommends. I have owned 2 or 3 of them over the years and it would seem he's got good taste. If anyone here is serious about developing their skills maybe grab one of these:

I really like the title of the last book;

Its not how good you are, its how good you want to be

This is truth. I've really been inspired lately by several comic artists I follow on Twitter. really exciting stuff, I wonder if doing comics and cards etc pays enough to compare with the crappy ad work I do. Sure looks like a lot more fun

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Masato wrote:Yes! that is super cool

There are some kids that I've been teaching now for like 5+ years, I've got to see the difference in their work go way up

Sadly, I don't see as much progress in my own work, lol. Admittedly I don't really push myself outside of once-a-week lifedrawing. The stuff I do for work is all fast and I've developed a sort of cheating system that gets the job done in time but has not really improved my skills. My job is all about speed and deadlines (storyboards etc), and not about how well they are done or how cool they look. Just fast dirty functional expendable stuff

When I see people practicing a lot and sketching properly and getting really good I find it really inspiring

Here is an artist I was browsing his site and he has a book list for books he recommends. I have owned 2 or 3 of them over the years and it would seem he's got good taste. If anyone here is serious about developing their skills maybe grab one of these:

I really like the title of the last book;

Its not how good you are, its how good you want to be

This is truth. I've really been inspired lately by several comic artists I follow on Twitter. really exciting stuff, I wonder if doing comics and cards etc pays enough to compare with the crappy ad work I do. Sure looks like a lot more fun

- Because it's easy to spot the growth at the beginning than in the middle or end. Like a business growth spur, there's a time where's becomes slowly. Bodybuilding is the same way.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Anarchy Zone”