I just found and explored a small forum that has been running for 17 years

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

I just found and explored a small forum that has been running for 17 years

Postby Luigi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:11 am

I've been playing the Splatterhouse games recently and came upon this forum devoted to the games. It was launched in 2000 and it reminds me a lot of this forum besides the fact that we discuss a very broad range of topics and they discuss a very narrow range. It tripped me out because I started with the archives and the main guy falls in love with one of the other posters, then marries her, then you see in threads from years later him talking about how he is divorced now, decided to stop collecting video games and sold most of his collection. Overall just crazy to read through:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Third_Mo ... hp?act=idx

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Luigi wrote:I've been playing the Splatterhouse games recently and came upon this forum devoted to the games. It was launched in 2000 and it reminds me a lot of this forum besides the fact that we discuss a very broad range of topics and they discuss a very narrow range. It tripped me out because I started with the archives and the main guy falls in love with one of the other posters, then marries her, then you see in threads from years later him talking about how he is divorced now, decided to stop collecting video games and sold most of his collection. Overall just crazy to read through:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Third_Mo ... hp?act=idx

- That's guy is dumb! :mrgreen:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:56 pm

By the way, I might as well use this as a Splatterhouse thread. I didn't play the original game until I was about 18, but that game deeply disturbed me. The game tells the story of Rick Taylor and his gf Jennifer. They get caught in a storm and run into an old abandoned mansion, however the mansion is full of demons and monsters who capture Jennifer and kill Rick. Then an ancient ritual death mask that was living in the house finds Rick's body and resurrects him while also merging with his body to create a monster version of Rick. This is who you play as in your quest to save Jennifer and escape the mansion. You're basically Jason Vorhees fighting monsters. For a retro game though its very disturbing; In one of the levels you watch monsters turn your girlfriend into a grotesque monster creature as she begs you to help her. The final level is a giant evil womb that creates little sperm monsters that try to kill you. The visuals and the music add to the effects. The gameplay is very good.

Splatterhouse 2 is the same style as the first game but is a lot better imo, though less disturbing. I'm playing Splatterhouse 3 now and its a different gameplay style. Instead of being another sidescroller its an arcade style beat em up with the same horror theme and characters. You also have a power meter and when full you can transform into a big jacked version of your guy and crush the baddies. The new gameplay is fantastic and the logical evolution of the series. There is a catch though; all the levels now have timers and if you don't finish them in time either your wife will be turned into a mindless beast, your son will be captured and sacrificed to evil demons, or some other form of elaborately killing your wife/kid will happen.

So naturally I don't want that crazy shit to happen and I want to get the good ending of the game, so I'm trying to finish the levels in time, but after level two it becomes much more difficult and seems to be impossible. I look up what your supposed to do and basically you have to spam the special moves, done with short d-pad combinations. This really sucks though because it reduces the awesome fighting system of the game to just constantly trying to not mess up the same d-pad combinations while using the imprecise sega d-pad. It also looks dumb because you are this big Jason guy but you are flying around throwing tornado kicks like you're Liu Kang.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:55 pm

- Never heard of this game. Is for pc?

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Its not actually for PC, but you can play all 3 on PC with emulators. Turbo Grafx 16 emulator for the first game, sega genesis emulator for the second and third.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:41 am

arcade version

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:15 pm

I finally beat level 3 in the time limit. Level 4 has these crazy mutated zombie dogs.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Luigi wrote:I finally beat level 3 in the time limit. Level 4 has these crazy mutated zombie dogs.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”