my paintings

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
greenseed

my paintings

Postby greenseed » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 pm

I read MC Eschers biography which had all of his art in it and was inspired by his geometric drawings

I also read a book called Symmetry about symmetrical mathmatics and other stuff...
i then also read the book Beginners guide to constructing the universe by this guy http://www.constructingtheuniverse.com/ about the archetypes and symbolism behind number and shape. I also bought his dvds and workbooks which are great...

these are some paintings ive made from that path i just layed out...
Attachments
heptashopped.jpg
heptashopped.jpg (148.58 KiB) Viewed 7793 times
balanced growthsmall.jpg
balanced growthsmall.jpg (116.08 KiB) Viewed 7793 times
as above so belowsmall.jpg
as above so belowsmall.jpg (110.61 KiB) Viewed 7793 times

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:47 pm

yup
Attachments
Interlocked Hexagonssmall.jpg
Interlocked Hexagonssmall.jpg (140.71 KiB) Viewed 7792 times

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:24 pm

- Great art-work, man!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Hey greenseed

These are very interesting! I remember going through MC Escher's work as a kid, we had a big thick book full of things to trip on, lol

These are really powerful when considering ideas like sacred geometry, they actually emit some sort of energy or awareness just looking at them :shock:

What sort of ideas relating to 'archetypes and symbolism behind number and shape' inspires you personally for these? What part of those concepts resonate most with you?

That link looks cool... LOL @ the 'Activity Book'... I wanna do it! :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:22 pm

My daughter came home some time ago talking about the golden mean and that spiral we can see in nature etc... she was really tripped out and impressed, you could tell she was recognizing some sort of deep truth that man has figured out

I think its interesting how seriously all the great architects and Masons etc took this stuff, they built it into everything. These are the building blocks of our Reality somehow.

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Masato wrote:Hey greenseed

These are very interesting! I remember going through MC Escher's work as a kid, we had a big thick book full of things to trip on, lol

These are really powerful when considering ideas like sacred geometry, they actually emit some sort of energy or awareness just looking at them :shock:

What sort of ideas relating to 'archetypes and symbolism behind number and shape' inspires you personally for these? What part of those concepts resonate most with you?

That link looks cool... LOL @ the 'Activity Book'... I wanna do it! :D

Each number/shape has its deeper meaning for sure. The number 5 and the pentagon/gram resonates alot with me due to it containing the golden section/mean/ratio. im prety sure that's why it's so prevalent in civilization (flags, 5 star generals/hotels etc).

from http://www.constructingtheuniverse.com/geoman.htm
5: The Flag of Life

In starfish and flowers, corporate logos and flags, the number five and the amazing regenerative geometry of the pentagon and pentagram star appear in nature and human affairs as a sign of life (the flower of every edible fruit is five-petaled). It is a worldwide symbol of humanity, righteous authority, harmony, beauty and excellence. We can learn to recognize the five-ness of living forms, and see how artists from Egypt and Greece to Raphael and Dali have applied five-fold symmetry -- the flag of life -- to create harmony in their compositions.

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Masato wrote:My daughter came home some time ago talking about the golden mean and that spiral we can see in nature etc... she was really tripped out and impressed, you could tell she was recognizing some sort of deep truth that man has figured out

I think its interesting how seriously all the great architects and Masons etc took this stuff, they built it into everything. These are the building blocks of our Reality somehow.

That's awesome. She would love Schneiders book. I can send you a pdf copy on fb if u wanted.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:34 pm

This is cool stuff, greenseed

Both my daughter and I are shitty readers, but luckily the author you are linking to has done several interviews and video presentations. I will be diving into this for sure, this stuff always trips me out

Incidentally, how exactly do you paint with such precision with your physical limitations?

(from the links greenseed posted):

interview with author Michael S Schneider:

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:18 pm

He has some cool viids on egyptian mathematics and how theyre the same as how computers do math

Return to “Anarchy Zone”