Feast or Famine

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Feast or Famine

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:52 pm

Hey all

So the past 2 months have been almost totally dry for work (I'm a freelancer), and I was honestly getting a bit freaked out, thinking about even maybe looking for a regular type job. Wife was all nervous, we were up last night at 3am trying to figure out what to do. I've been freelance for 15 years, we've had ups and downs before but its been particularly dry lately, maybe the worst drought we've seen. She had watched a lot of shit go down in Brasil before she came to Canada and has some deep fears having to go through it all again with her own kids.... We have some strategies to ramp up business, start some new marketing gameplans, even open up a new company etc but of course its all chance

Then just today all of a sudden I get 3 fucking monster job offers all at once. Had to turn 1 down, and the other 2 are way more than I can handle, I'm farming out other artists to put together a team so I can take em both. Its gonna be completely messed up busy till mid-october now, lol

Ups and downs are crazy, I went from legitimately worried about no work to legitimately worried about too much work in a matter of a few hours.

Wife said she prayed hard last night and received a sign that something would happen today, and boy did it ever. I told her to ease up on her prayers lol

Good news but man freelance life is nuts.

Will need lots of long Youtube content to keep my mind occupied for a few weeks, post your best stuff I'll make a lineup

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:36 am

She prayed hard?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:49 pm

- You never thought about trying comic-books?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:24 pm

Canuckster wrote:She prayed hard?

LOL

I never told you I've already long suspected my wife is a witch :D Don't try to burn her though, she might turn you into a newt

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- You never thought about trying comic-books?

I would love to work on comic books but I have no connections or leads in, I bet there is fierce competition and I also hear there is not much pay in it unless you're really famous

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:55 am

Just finished 12 hours of a 24-hour work shift.

I need to go at top speed now for the next 12 hours until 9am. Brutal!! (and no weed)

But gotta make dat bread

wish me luck

Return to “Anarchy Zone”