A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Jehannum

Re: Concept Art 4 My Trilogy Project

Postby Jehannum » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:25 am

Masato wrote:
Jehannum wrote:
Masato wrote:
Photoshop. Many layers

I mean, are you using a stylus or what? I can't imagine creating art like that with a mouse

lol of course

Haven't touched a mouse in almost 20 years

do you "draw" all your own text too? (like the neon signs in Japanese etc)

I still use sites like cooltext.com and flamingtext.com to do most of the text for my own shoops, then I edit afterwards. I use my art software's text tool for the small text that I may need to resize later without hammering the quality but that's about it, it's a clunky tool to use lol.

Definitely curious about your techniques :)

You're what I consider to be a proper artist which means I literally have no idea how you work whatsoever

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:38 am

Made some adjustments, replace the OP images. You may not notice the differences.

Basically I tried to make it more obvious that the compositions of the 3 images are based on these symbols:

The trilogy follows a sort of yin-yang theme. In the first story/symbol/illustration, there is a little bit of yin (white light) within too much yang (red). In the second there is a bit of red within too much white. In the 3rd there is a balance

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Jehannum wrote:
Masato wrote:
Jehannum wrote:I mean, are you using a stylus or what? I can't imagine creating art like that with a mouse

lol of course

Haven't touched a mouse in almost 20 years

do you "draw" all your own text too? (like the neon signs in Japanese etc)

I still use sites like cooltext.com and flamingtext.com to do most of the text for my own shoops, then I edit afterwards. I use my art software's text tool for the small text that I may need to resize later without hammering the quality but that's about it, it's a clunky tool to use lol.

Definitely curious about your techniques :)

You're what I consider to be a proper artist which means I literally have no idea how you work whatsoever

Most of the Japanese characters I just faked/hand drew them. I don’t read Japanese so I didn’t want any recognizable words or brands to jump out to any potential Japanese viewers, so most of the characters are fake, I just made them up to look Japanese but they don’t say anything lol. There may be a few that I shooped in from images from the net.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”