The Creative Life

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
robbstar

The Creative Life

Postby robbstar » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:30 pm

First off, I hope all is well here in Masato land. Great to see so many of the familiar names still active and contributing. I hope everyone is in good health and managing the craziness of 2020 well.

I frequent occasionally, or should I say stock occasionally. haha Still one of the best places online.

No podcast for around two years, just lots of eating, drinking and pondering my naval.

Been working on various creative projects. Finished the first complete draft of my first fantasy novel, now comes the edit. Purchased some fancy AI software that has so far proved its weight in gold. (Pro Writing Aid)

Synopsis
A story of an uncommon boy who becomes a man, then a leader of men, finally becoming a leader of nations as he fronts an army to fight an immortal King for the freedom of every soul on the planet.

The whole story is set in a human-like world called Lanasia, and has a heroic/general fantasy feel. A mix of barbarian like tails, philosophical curiosity, ancient myths, conspiracies, and questions about the nature of reality.

On other fronts a short vampire story. But its not really a vampire story at all. Trying out the Kindle short reads format. There seems to be a lot of folk hitting up the short reads!

Synopsis/blurb
Looking for a short story to rip through? STEAK BAKE is a short vampire story set in #Glasgow #Scotland He is a foul-mouthed, vigilante, vampire killer.

Free for a few days then 0.99p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08955P8PM/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08955P8PM

On other notes been practising my art, bought an iPad and purchased some books etc. Not stealing anyone job anytime soon but getting somewhere and it makes me smile :) Most of the time that's all I need from a creative project.

I hope everyone's well and I look forward to getting online more often and contributing once again to the mastao toys forum.
Cheers
Robb "That cunt fae Scotland " :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:57 am

robbstar wrote:First off, I hope all is well here in Masato land. Great to see so many of the familiar names still active and contributing. I hope everyone is in good health and managing the craziness of 2020 well.

I frequent occasionally, or should I say stock occasionally. haha Still one of the best places online.

No podcast for around two years, just lots of eating, drinking and pondering my naval.

Been working on various creative projects. Finished the first complete draft of my first fantasy novel, now comes the edit. Purchased some fancy AI software that has so far proved its weight in gold. (Pro Writing Aid)

Synopsis
A story of an uncommon boy who becomes a man, then a leader of men, finally becoming a leader of nations as he fronts an army to fight an immortal King for the freedom of every soul on the planet.

The whole story is set in a human-like world called Lanasia, and has a heroic/general fantasy feel. A mix of barbarian like tails, philosophical curiosity, ancient myths, conspiracies, and questions about the nature of reality.

On other fronts a short vampire story. But its not really a vampire story at all. Trying out the Kindle short reads format. There seems to be a lot of folk hitting up the short reads!

Synopsis/blurb
Looking for a short story to rip through? STEAK BAKE is a short vampire story set in #Glasgow #Scotland He is a foul-mouthed, vigilante, vampire killer.

Free for a few days then 0.99p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08955P8PM/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08955P8PM

On other notes been practising my art, bought an iPad and purchased some books etc. Not stealing anyone job anytime soon but getting somewhere and it makes me smile :) Most of the time that's all I need from a creative project.

I hope everyone's well and I look forward to getting online more often and contributing once again to the mastao toys forum.
Cheers

Robb Wallace!

My man. How the hell are ya

Great to hear. I am also finding through these times that at least for me and several I have been speaking with, creativity is indeed somehow the life force. We are creative beings, life is a creative endeavour, this process of somehow thinking or feeling something and making it into reality somehow may just be the magic of the universe.

Maybe we should set up a chat again? holy shit there is so much to discuss lolol

I have found a clear creative muse/project during this time. It's a 70-page graphic novel of a story I wrote maybe 6 years ago about a quarantine. Now I'm living in a quarantine and its like I just have to make this. Going to work on it now for a couple hours, starting to come into focus. Approaching it a weird way, I've never made anything like this before.

Working on personal art that comes from that mysterious place is scary, soul-searching work - at least for me I find it a struggle, so much of me wants to avoid it but all my heart dreams of seeing it done. It's a weird battle.

Congrats on completing your novel! Those are the milestones we can strive for. Hope you are gathering momentum for your next milestone(s)

What is covid like in Scotland?

How's BPfaethecea or whatever his name was?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:32 am

tonight's work:
I'm packin it in

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:31 am

robbstar wrote:
Cheers

yo robbstar, you OK?

Interested in recording a chat/podcast?

be well ya cunt fae Scotland

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:32 pm

Masato wrote:
robbstar wrote:
Robb Wallace!

Great to hear. I am also finding through these times that at least for me and several I have been speaking with, creativity is indeed somehow the life force. We are creative beings, life is a creative endeavour, this process of somehow thinking or feeling something and making it into reality somehow may just be the magic of the universe.

Maybe we should set up a chat again? holy shit there is so much to discuss lolol

I have found a clear creative muse/project during this time. It's a 70-page graphic novel of a story I wrote maybe 6 years ago about a quarantine. Now I'm living in a quarantine and its like I just have to make this. Going to work on it now for a couple hours, starting to come into focus. Approaching it a weird way, I've never made anything like this before.

Working on personal art that comes from that mysterious place is scary, soul-searching work - at least for me I find it a struggle, so much of me wants to avoid it but all my heart dreams of seeing it done. It's a weird battle.

Congrats on completing your novel! Those are the milestones we can strive for. Hope you are gathering momentum for your next milestone(s)

Quality.
I agree - creativity is the life force. The spark of the universe, I love it. :)
It is amazing how the old ideas, resurface at times and feel so good and right. The sketch with the dream scape, flying dogs, and mountains in the sky is epic! #skills

Yeah, good to get the first novel (1 st draft done) know to get it edited and start the second one and build up for a three pice rapid release to gamify the Amazon algorithm. Well, that is the plan, that's what I am reading about just now.

Covid, has been a strange beast. Very strange. Should us how dislocated the UKS government is and how Scotlands needs independence.

B fae the cp IS GOOD, He is still writing short films and making them, still outputting creative gold :)

Excellent I would be up for a podcast, been so long, I will need to relearn some skills first. (Recording both ends, the edit, the upload) Yeah, i am keen, be awesome to get a quality chat in these crazy times.

leave it with me. I will get everything in place over the next week.

Sorted

Robb

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:46 pm

- Hey Robb

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- Hey Robb

Hey Edge. Drew comes from just down the road from me and used to train with some of the guys I did MMA and BJJ with before I moved city. Great to see his persistence in the WWE pay off. Boys a grafter. Grado is, in my opinion, the best Scottish wrestler. ahha

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:45 pm

^^^ ahahahah that guy is great

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:54 pm

LOLOL this guy is jokes

already a fan. what an entrance!! :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:23 pm

robbstar wrote:
Masato wrote:
robbstar wrote:
Robb Wallace!

Quality.
I agree - creativity is the life force. The spark of the universe, I love it. :)
It is amazing how the old ideas, resurface at times and feel so good and right. The sketch with the dream scape, flying dogs, and mountains in the sky is epic! #skills

Yeah, good to get the first novel (1 st draft done) know to get it edited and start the second one and build up for a three pice rapid release to gamify the Amazon algorithm. Well, that is the plan, that's what I am reading about just now.

Covid, has been a strange beast. Very strange. Should us how dislocated the UKS government is and how Scotlands needs independence.

B fae the cp IS GOOD, He is still writing short films and making them, still outputting creative gold :)

Excellent I would be up for a podcast, been so long, I will need to relearn some skills first. (Recording both ends, the edit, the upload) Yeah, i am keen, be awesome to get a quality chat in these crazy times.

leave it with me. I will get everything in place over the next week.

Sorted

Robb

Hey Robb Wallace

Do I have to make a Grado-style callout trashtalking video to get your arse in action?

I will, you know

Hope you are well bro

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”