Binaural beats and other frequency related tripping

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Redneck

Binaural beats and other frequency related tripping

Postby Redneck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:42 am

A binaural beat is an auditory illusion perceived when two different pure-tone sine waves, both with frequencies lower than 1500 Hz, with less than a 40 Hz difference between them, are presented to a listener dichotically (one through each ear).[1] For example, if a 530 Hz pure tone is presented to a subject's right ear, while a 520 Hz pure tone is presented to the subject's left ear, the listener will perceive the auditory illusion of a third tone, in addition to the two pure-tones presented to each ear. The third sound is called a binaural beat, and in this example would have a perceived pitch correlating to a frequency of 10 Hz, that being the difference between the 530 Hz and 520 Hz pure tones presented to each ear.[2]

I used to listen to an awesome series of audio tracks of this stuff and it was really trippy. It was easy to float away into some different world whilst listening to the properly produced tracks that were designed and tested, to do exactly that. One night I fell asleep with this stuff still playing through my ear buds for hours. I had such an intense dream/nightmare and then when I finally woke up in a sweat, this shit was playing in my ears.

Now this stuff is all over youtube, and there's ones that attempt to simulate a DMT trip, LSD and Shrooms.

I have listened to them all and they do not make me trip but they do have a noticeable effect. If you lay down or lay back in a chair and listen to this stuff whilst relaxing then it definitely has a calming effect and I often doze off, but I can't say that I hallucinate or talk to entities or any shit like that.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:54 am

The Gateway Program

The Monroe Institute’s Gateway Program is a 6 day course in which “hemi-sync” tapes are used to induce meditative states and altered states of consciousness in participants.

(Hemi sync is exactly the same technology as binaural beats, it’s just the proprietary name for the in-house produced tapes and cd’s at the Monroe Institute.)

The Gateway Program has, over the years (since the seventies), helped numerous people reach different levels of human consciousness, including states in which they claim to have experienced out-of-body experiences, visited other “reality systems” or had “contact with deceased family members”.

Watch a short intro to the gateway program and people’s experiences with hemi-sync:

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:55 am

Monaural beats

Monaural beats are actually more effective than binaural beats.

Dave Siever:

“Monaural beats, however, do impact the thalamus, and therefore the cortex, because they are in beat form before they strike the ear drum.”

Monaural beats, or monaural tones, are produced by mixing two tones of different frequencies, but (contrary to binaural beats) this occurs outside of the ears.

(It happens in the air when played through loudspeakers, or it takes place in the mixing device that sends the sound through the headphones to the ears.)

By the way, binaural beats played through loudspeakers become monaural beats!

What monaural beats or tones look like. Compared to binaural beats, the amplitude is much higher.
What monaural beats or tones look like. Compared to binaural beats, the amplitude is much higher.

Monaural beats are an effective way of producing entrainment. Siever:

“EEG studies of monaural beats have conclusively shown that monaural beats produce a frequency following response in the contralateral hemisphere of the brain, and therefore are entraining.”

Isochronic tones

The third form of auditory entrainment are isochronic tones. Said to be the most effective type of auditory brainwave entrainment, because of the distinct “on and off” impulses they provide to the human ear.

What they are (from wikipedia):

Isochronic tones are regular beats of a single tone. An isochronic tone is a tone that is being turned on and off rapidly. They create sharp, distinctive pulses of sound. The volume or intensity of the sound goes almost directly from 0 to 100 and back again in an evenly-spaced manner. They differ from monaural beats, which are constant sine wave pulses rather than entirely separate pulses of a single tone.

What isochronic tones look like. They’re just separate tones that turn on and off.
What isochronic tones look like. They’re just separate tones that turn on and off.

The difference with monaural tones is that isochronic tones are rather sharp tones. Monaural beats turn on and off more gently and therefore are smoother beats. Some people can find the isochronic pulse tones too stimulating.

Mind Machines

Note: the most efficient form of entrainment is actually not auditory, but visual.

On a study done in 1999 by Frederick, Lubar, Rasey, Brim, & Blackburn, David Siever commented:

When comparing flashing light with evenly spaced auditory tone pulses (isochronic tones), it was found that with:

a) eyes-closed 18.5 Hz. photic entrainment increased 18.5 Hz EEG activity by 49%;

b) eyes-open auditory entrainment produced increased 18.5 Hz. EEG activity by 27%;

c) eyes-closed auditory entrainment produced increased 18.5 Hz EEG activity by 21%.

— mindalive.com

His conclusion:

“auditory entrainment from isochronic tones produces about half of the entrainment effects as compared to flashing light.”

— mindalive.com

So, what if you could have both, auditory and visual? That’s exactly what mind machines do. The unique combination of both these entrainmant modalities make them probably the most efficient tool on the market today for brainwave entrainment.

http://www.livingflow.net/binaural-beat ... ernatives/

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:19 pm

I have downloaded and listened to binaural beats. Some have been amazing.

Still find the old Tibet chants and me mimicking the sounds to be the best transformational audio I have tried.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:20 am

robbstar wrote:I have downloaded and listened to binaural beats. Some have been amazing.

Still find the old Tibet chants and me mimicking the sounds to be the best transformational audio I have tried.

The one that really worked for me was the Monroe Institute’s Hemi-Sync series. I had the entire set on my iPod like 15 years ago and listened to them frequently. The stuff on youtube can be hit or miss because it might be made by some stoner in his bedroom or it could be a professionally produced version.

I will check out the chants, other people have told me the same thing about both the Tibetan and the Gregorian chants.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:15 pm

robbstar wrote:I have downloaded and listened to binaural beats. Some have been amazing.

Badass you actually did this... you guys have me wondering now this is interesting

It seems clear there are tested and true methods for changing consciousness without drugs. Why am I so lazy? lol I do remember tripping hard on LSD once to the Beastie Boys on a nice pair of headphones and a couch, lol Maybe not mystical, but almost lol

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:53 am

Masato wrote:

Badass you actually did this... you guys have me wondering now this is interesting

It seems clear there are tested and true methods for changing consciousness without drugs. Why am I so lazy? lol I do remember tripping hard on LSD once to the Beastie Boys on a nice pair of headphones and a couch, lol Maybe not mystical, but almost lol

Float tanks has become a popular and trendy way to reach an altered state.

Sleep deprivation can be very effective as well.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”