Totally Surreal Experience last weekend

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Totally Surreal Experience last weekend

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:41 pm

Hey all

So last Saturday I took my son to watch a BJJ tournament in Niagara Falls (he wants to compete, his coach said go watch one first & see what he thinks)

ANYWAYS

We stop at a Tim Hortons and while I'm waiting for my order I see my ex-girlfriend from like 18 years ago who I haven't seen in as many years. I suddenly go into a trance, and happily say 'Hey, skater!' (she was a skateboard girl, it was a natural thing for me to say considering our past).

She reacts kind of strange, then I realize she's not responding at all as I would expect.

Then I realize ITS NOT HER. Her face changes, all of a sudden she looks different. ITS NOT HER.

I am so confused I actually ask: "Is your name not ________?" She says no and walks away.

The whole incident was like an acid flashback, I literally was in a different zone for a few seconds. Its weird because my ex is a very unique-looking person, her way of dress and mannerisms were her very own mix of street punk and skate stoner style, and her face was also quite unmistakeable. I lived with her on an off for almost 3 years, she was not some fling in the back of my mind.

How could I have mistaken someone I knew so well for a stranger?

How did I see 1 face, SURE it was her, and then see the face change into someone else?

I wasn't even high

What happened?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:14 pm

hahahaa,

my dad tells me he gets these still.

nice.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:15 pm

he says he can create hallucinations just by thinking about them now due to the amount of psychedelics he did.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 pm

This has actually been happening on a minor level a LOT in the past couple weeks;

I see people everywhere that instantly remind me of people I haven't thought about in years... I think its them, but soon realize its not...but the likeness is usually VERY uncanny.

Also always people I don't normally think about.

This was just the most extreme example

Haven't experienced it since, we'll see what happens. Very strange

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:35 am

The likeness is what Jung liked to call archetype, for me it is very easy to call into my mind things that are not currently there. Time and matter are quite simple really. If you let go of the I, these will be obvious. Ta Tvam Asi.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:07 pm

^ great post

So are the people/faces/memories that I see popping up to be interpreted as archetypes for me then?

I tell you, when it happens I have an instant strong impression of individuals I have not thought about for years. But then BAM there they are suddenly, seen through the face of someone else who looks unfathomably similar

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:04 am

Yes, I think so. After all, are we not just variations of the same thing?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:41 am

Yes but why these specific people?

Or maybe I should just enjoy the memories like clouds passing above. If I haven't thought of them for a long time maybe I should. Say a little prayer for them or whatever

nothing more to it.

Next cloud please

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:29 am

That's the way I look at it. If it's deja vu it is good to take note of. Predicting the future is always nice to do.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”