Stuff that inspires you for life

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Masato
Site Admin

Stuff that inspires you for life

Postby Masato » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- Saw the pictures, i don't have a Facebook, how i do to show my pictures?

Love the masks

hmmm I would just use Imgur... (maybe Sheets can let us use his server! lol)

In any case, sharing travel pics might make a good thread, so I made one. Come post your travel-pics or dream-destinations:
the-travel-pics-thread-t199.html

sheetsMMAfan

Postby sheetsMMAfan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Masato wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:- Saw the pictures, i don't have a Facebook, how i do to show my pictures?

Love the masks

In any case, sharing travel pics might make a good thread, so I made one. Come post your travel-pics or dream-destinations:

I am eventually going to make a webpage kind of like photobucket and stuff on my server. It will make you register for an account, and will hold your pictures pretty much forever. I will roll it our to shoopers first, and then when I upgrade from 8 1TB hard drives to 8 3TB hard drives, I will effectively go from 5.5TB to about 17TB of storage. THEN I will roll it out to the masses and see if I can get people to pay for it for a premium fee (free to friends) :)

Eventually, I want 16 3TB hard drives, but that will all have to wait !!

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:07 pm

sheetsMMAfan wrote:
Masato wrote:

Love the masks

I am eventually going to make a webpage kind of like photobucket and stuff on my server. It will make you register for an account, and will hold your pictures pretty much forever. I will roll it our to shoopers first, and then when I upgrade from 8 1TB hard drives to 8 3TB hard drives, I will effectively go from 5.5TB to about 17TB of storage. THEN I will roll it out to the masses and see if I can get people to pay for it for a premium fee (free to friends) :)

Eventually, I want 16 3TB hard drives, but that will all have to wait !!

- I've tryed to upload to imageshack, they should do something easy like the old Orkut

Edit, created the account on imgur
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Masato wrote:

Love the masks

- Thank you Masato, i created the account^^
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:18 am

Religious Teachings from Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Islam and reading about Lives of Holy Saints as related to the topic of suffering has really helped me to better understand the matter of suffering and also what it teaches us concerning things like compassion and being humble and all of which has helped to inspire me to try to be a better me....not always successful of course, but there is at least the spark of desire

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:19 pm

theraskal wrote:Religious Teachings from Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Islam and reading about Lives of Holy Saints as related to the topic of suffering has really helped me to better understand the matter of suffering and also what it teaches us concerning things like compassion and being humble and all of which has helped to inspire me to try to be a better me....not always successful of course, but there is at least the spark of desire

Interesting post, thanks for digging up this old thread

The content in the OP seems to be gone lol

What do you find to be some meaningful similarities or differences between the religions 'as related to the topic of suffering'?

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:26 pm

^let me see if I can give some kind of brief example without posting a FRAT that no one wants to read:

the book of Job and Buddhist Karma is an example here: Job's friends judged his suffering as deserved(karma). Suffering is a lesson in Compassion, not Judgement.

One can read the lives of Saints and they will observe how many Holy Saints suffered a lot. When life is good people need God less. When there is suffering people sometimes come closer to God. They find God through their suffering. Suffering can sometimes be experienced in this way as some kind of Spiritual Evolution.

Many people pray like they are praying to Santa Clause, when there is want/need as when times may be trying. To grow spiritually one must exercise devotion in the same way they exercise the body with physical activities or the mind with study. And like other exercise there are moments of "in the zone"(epiphanies) and then there are plateaus/dry-spells where one "suffers in the desert" and the "silence" tests one's daily prayer devotion and discipline....and in that it is also like meditation practice, but like meditation, when making prayer a regular habit one begins to learn to enjoy it during good times and not just when there is some need.

Islam is a good example in devotion. They pray multiple times a day. It is a good example to inspire others to follow in their own practice.

and the Jewish Rabbis can be a good source of intellectual theory/understanding and thy have their mysticism too

a few recommendations:

The Orthodox Way by Kallistos Ware

Bishop Barron/Father Mike Schmitz/ Breaking in the Habbit Youtube videos

When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Rabbi Kushner

Check Out some Rumi Quotes/books

Read about the Lives of the Catholic Orthodox Saints

Lets Talk Religion YouTube series

Job and the Mystery of Suffering: Spiritual Reflections by Richard Rohr(can also watch his lectures on YouTube)

Coffee with the Buddha by Joan Duncan Oliver for a good, easy to read, simple intro to Buddhist thought

and finally I'll leave with this:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:12 am

^^ Amazing :shock: :shock: :shock:

Give me some time I'll watch with proper attention.
These are super interesting ideas

Thanks raskal

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed May 03, 2023 4:42 am

Meditations Marcus Aurelius
Helps me realize what a pos I am.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:43 am

Eliud Kipchoge, if what I observe to be true in the youtube videos. He could be living like a "baller" yet seems to remain uncorrupted and lives a simple humble life, even doing the daily cleaning of the toilets when he is away from family during the week at the training camp facility living with the team-mates.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”