Quotes from Robin Williams Characters

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Quotes from Robin Williams Characters

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:01 pm

"Grad school is where you go to school and you gradually find out you don't want to go to school anymore."
- The World According to Garp

"I thought the purpose of education was to learn to think for yourself."
- Dead Poets Society

"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world."
- Dead Poets Society

"So avoid using the word very, because it's lazy. A man is not very tired. He is exhausted. Don't use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women - and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do."
- Dead Poet's Society

"Life. It's all a bit strange. But what's even stranger is that we find it strange at all, despite it being the only thing we know our whole lives."
-Mork

"She is not perfect. You are not perfect. The question is whether or not you are perfect for each other."
- Good Will Hunting

"You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I'll guarantee you'll win."
- Patch Adams

"You must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all."
- Dead Poets Society

"Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reasons."
-Man Of The Year

"Ah, yes, divorce . . . from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet"

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."

"You know what music is? God's little reminder that there's something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars."
- August Rush

"I had sex with a prostitute when I was 21. I was so bad, she gave me a refund."
- Man Of The Year

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:08 am

- I liked the Peter Pan movie and Alladin.

R.I.P Robin.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:10 am

Yeah Peter Pan movie (HOOK) was great. I saw it in a log cabin theatre at a ski resort

made me cry

I wonder if Williams was killed. A guy like that says one thing about sensitive topics like 9/11 and it would make serious waves. I feel sorry for big celebrities, they are muzzled so severely I would guess

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 am

I'm sure he was a comedic genius but I could never get into him. He annoyed me since the Mork and Mindy days and I hated it when he would do a talk show and just talk in his character voices the whole time. I just saw him as a weird guy who could make a funny voice, and somehow he took that to the heights of stardom.

He seemed to play the same character in every movie I ever saw him in.

*Edit: after reading the above posts about Williams, I feel like I just came and shat in the punchbowl. Ooops.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Haha

He was just a person like any other. I don't care for the weird idea we've been somehow given that celebrity = some kind of greatness. A good actor is no more genius than a good anything else, they are only of a more public profile. I believe to an extent the worship of movie stars etc has been deliberate, to create this culture where entertainment and un-reality takes precedence in our minds over reality.

All those quotes were made by the WRITERS of those film, not Robin Williams. Williams is perhaps beside the point.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:41 pm

PS: Super stoked to see you in this sub-forum, Redneck!

These are some of the topics I most enjoy exploring and discussing, but sadly its the least busiest of the board :( You are an insightful dude, its rare to find people who ponder these more subtle questions of our lives

Would be nice to see this place grow

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:37 am

^^ Somehow I overlooked this forum at the bottom of the menu. A lot of this stuff is right up my alley, so I'll be a regular in here.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”