The Vermilion Path

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
SRBrant

The Vermilion Path

Postby SRBrant » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:28 pm

I'm currently writing the Kitsune-Kenyota manual. I thought I'd share an excerpt from it detailing our core philosophy.

The Vermilion Path refers not only to the core philosophy of Kitsune-Kenyota, but also to the great plan intended for the group by the fox spirits themselves. The Path itself is the process of attaining spiritual union and perfection with the Kitsune without abandoning one’s earthly connections. In the Kenyota, the Kitsune represent more than celestial beings, but a state of mind and being as well. This state of mind and being involves following the example set by the fox spirits themselves — becoming cunning, aesthetic, virtuous, intelligent, compassionate, ambitious and daring just like the Kitsune themselves. Achieving such qualities not only builds a stronger connection with the Kitsune, but builds a stronger person; one of proper character and worthy of admiration. To follow the Vermilion Path is to become a follower of the Kitsune, to embody what they represent and to see to it that there is a brighter future for all life on Earth.

The Path’s foundation is composed of and dependent on the divinity of those who walk it. Divinity is attained through the three values: Virtue, Form and Stewardship.

Form is the practice of physical and mental well-being in addition to the refinement of one’s personal talents. Aesthetics also play a role in the value of Form, requiring the appreciation of beauty in all its forms: from the curling petals of a wildflower to the verdigris-stained features of a bronze statue. Form applies not only to the refinement of individuals but to the refinement of systems as well, be they bureaucratic, financial, electronic, governmental or digital. Proper Form lies within the tangible.

Virtue embodies all that is moral and philosophically ideal. While morality and philosophy is highly subjective, the rule of Virtue dictates that they can be defined, measured and strengthened. And if they cannot be measured or defined, they will be made to be. As intangible, subjective and abstract as it may be, when one’s Virtue is sufficiently developed it will bear righteous, tangible fruit.

Stewardship is the use of Form and Virtue to the benefit of others, becoming generosity. To take all that you have learned and what you have made, and use them to provide for others. When one’s talents are used for the betterment of the community, hope is born and righteous ideas germinate and proper. It is through this charity that honor is gained, merit is earned and more walk among us along the Vermilion Path.

The vulpine aspect that defines the Path begins with all traits of the fox as an animal guide. Its eyes are piercing, staring through the Otherworlds. Its tail resembles an artist’s brush and its fur is a supple burnt orange. Its features make the fox adorable at play, beautiful in transit and menacing on the prowl.

But the fox’s appearance in conjunction with its practicality is proof that one can embrace both self-preservation and self-expression at the same time. Despite its beauty it is a natural-born survivalist, capable of thriving in the most hostile of environments to teach us that we can and should adapt to every situation and change of fate. It lies in wait for the perfect time to pounce on its unwary prey, preaching through action the importance of patience and opportunism. It caches excess food so that it may never go hungry during lean times, proving the virtues of moderation and warning us of the calamities that are born from decadence.

It is learning to compromise with others and avoid unnecessary conflict. It is to always keep a promise to the ones you love and the ones you serve. To take the scrap churned out by a wasteful society and turn it into things useful. To enjoy the pleasures of worldly life and yet see into the distant Aether to plan your posthumous destiny and seek communion with the Kami.

The Kitsune are our conductors on the underground railroad to salvation.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:07 am

Sounds like a sure fire way to end up with a mouthful of cock.

penxv

Postby penxv » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:32 pm

You should do a documentary about the kitsune. I would watch that.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:21 pm

But why Kitsune?

Consider the Fox. Physically: adaptive, beautiful, resourceful, resilient, graceful and clever. All of which are traits necessary to thrive in our world whether we like it or not. Spiritually: wise, patient, prescient, thoughtful and dutiful. Guardians of a new age…and an old one.

The popular image of the Kitsune found in the mass media is a mask, a varied but ultimately thin and plastic veil that hides their true nature; hiding the living, breathing colors of their sublime existence. I have torn through this veil and found gods like old world parents: nurturing yet altogether unwilling to spare the rod. Accepting myself into their bosom, I found within them silent guardians carefully steering me through life, keeping me on the right path yet never once holding my hand. It was like learning to walk all over again, finding myself in a chain of philosophical and spiritual conundrums: a thousand mental jungles for me to weave through. But now that I can truly call myself a man and accept responsibility, I am ready to do the work of the Kami and earn my place among their exalted number.

To those willing to listen, they will pass upon you the wisdom to bring out your true potential and with it carry out their designs for a brighter future. A future where wisdom defines power, where merit is law and where nature is placed as the first among equals.

penxv

Postby penxv » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:38 pm

How did you tear through the veil?

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:36 pm

penxv wrote:How did you tear through the veil?

Simple: intuition. You can't go by word and image alone; you have to feel around for the spirit within.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”