The Social Christ by Samael Aun Weor

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Masato
Site Admin

Re: The Social Christ by Samael Aun Weor

Postby Masato » Tue May 15, 2018 3:01 pm

shankara wrote:Carl Jung, yeah interesting guy. It's a shame that the psychiatrists now aren't generally all that into him, they follow the scientific positivism which Samael critiques in the book. Jung so far as I remember said that some kind of God or spirituality is necessary for mental healing, I think much better this than simply reducing people to neurochemicals and using medications which they haven't even figured out exactly how they work. There are Jungian techniques, dream analysis for example, which could be very useful yet are never used in psychiatric hospitals.

Gurdjieff was a seriously interesting guy, there's a film of his autobigraphical book "Meetings With Remarkable Men", the film has a different ending to the book but still definitely worth watching (you can find it on thepiratebay).

Very nice. Western medicine basically outright denies/ignores what might just be the most important parts of who/what we are and how we function.

ironic

I wouldn't go so far as to try to heal people by examining their dreams, but surely somewhere in the middle is probably the most fertile ground

Here is a good thread about how much the Rockefellers were involved in basically creating the structure/premise of western medicine;
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=868&p

Sometimes I wonder if the motivation to create this allopathic Big Pharma-type vision was not only t to monopolize the industry and make tons of money, but also perhaps part of some grander conscious endeavor to snuff out the population's understanding of spirit, to render our skills and knowledge in this department shut down.

Will look more into Gurdjieff

shankara

Postby shankara » Wed May 16, 2018 3:53 pm

I dunno about dream analysis, the Jungian way isn't just looking symbols in a dream dictionary, it's much more personal and based on the whole process which the analysed is going through.

Look at the "war on drugs", this is the way they keep people's consciousness asleep, not permitting them useful herbs and yet letting them numb their hearts and brains with alcohol as much as they like. As for psychiatric medication, I think its overprescribed perhaps and not always as necessary as the psychiatrists believe. For me it has had a few good effects though I'm not entirely sure of the causality, whether it was more to do with the chemicals, or the environment or the therapy. There are some pretty heavy side effects, for example some molecules make your hands and muscles shake.

Definitely they are not doing things in a holistic (whole-istic), natural and in harmony with the planet kind of way... Seeing as we are in Babylon and not outside it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 21, 2018 9:36 pm

Listening to some audio about Gurdjieff

Interesting stuff

"The soul is the totality of moments of self awareness".

...those few moments we may be privileged to have where true clarity of self arises, yet they come and go, fleeting, without any control. These flashes of greater consciousness are the life of the soul. Our true self

shankara

Postby shankara » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 am

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”