3 Days to Live

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

3 Days to Live

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:42 pm

So my favourite artist uncle has scheduled an assisted suicide for this Thursday. He's got lung cancer and its taking him fast. He doesn't want to go in a hospital, nor drag this out. He wants to go in his own space on his own terms. I get it.

But I've been really thinking a lot about what a situation that is, to know how many days you have left here in this form/place, counting them down. How do you react? How do you prepare? Amazing questions

My wife says if it were her she wouldn't even wait, why even drag that out? If you've made the choice lets go already but of course no one knows exactly how they would react until they are actually in those shoes.

Anyways he is/was a great great man. Lived the true life of an artist, only painting from the soul, never selling out, many adventures on low budgets, kept a simple life till the end. Has been a hero of mine since childhood.

3 days, man. How weird is that.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Today's the day.

Been contemplating on this greatly all week.

He and his son have set up an exhibition of his artwork to be held AFTER today. He knows it will happen and has been part of curating his selections and setting up the venue. How wild is that??

I think its perfect, he never liked showing off his art, was never a big salesman or attention-seeking kind of artist. Thus he never had many shows or attention. I also remember him mentioning many artists he admired like Van Gogh for instance who received most if not all their fame and notoriety after they passed.

Anyways RIP Uncle. Enjoy the journey 'sailing into the west'. :D

Maybe I'll see you there

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:51 pm

- I dont know, man. Its a pretty big step and decision to make. Dont know how to handle that. Just wish if theres a god, that your uncle now is in a better place!
My uncle died of the same thing six years ago!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Anarchy Zone”