Should I join the Kitsune Society??

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Canuckster

Should I join the Kitsune Society??

Postby Canuckster » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:12 am

do u care to relate about the experience?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:43 am

Ain't into Japanese faggotry. Call it The Hanuman Society and you'll have my backing which is incredibly powerful. Today I am directing most of my power to making sure my friend doesn't get drafted. Kitsune was cool in SHadow Run though.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:59 am

Som-Pong wrote:Ain't into Japanese faggotry. Call it The Hanuman Society and you'll have my backing which is incredibly powerful. Today I am directing most of my power to making sure my friend doesn't get drafted. Kitsune was cool in SHadow Run though.

It's not for everyone. Whatever makes you the best person you can be is the right path for you.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 am

Canuckster wrote:do u care to relate about the experience?

When I went to Fushimi Inari as part of an educational tour, I was spellbound. As I stared into the eyes of the first Fox statue I saw at the base, I - swear to god - saw it blink at me. It was completely unexpected. As I ascended the first of many flights of stairs, I was buffeted by a powerful force of what felt like a thousand intangible intelligences swarming around me, inspecting me and seemingly expecting me. It was so powerful that I could physically feel it in my insides and across my skin.

It was the most spiritual moment of my entire life and it felt like I was truly touched by a higher power. Every Torii I walked under felt like a goal or a fear I had conquered in life. And though the stairs upwards never seemed to end and my bones began to ache, I was never winded or exhausted, driven onwards by my own will.

At a fork in the road, a crow passed right over my head and flew down the right-hand path, seemingly beckoning me to follow it. I did, but the path quickly ended at a barricade where they were doing either construction or maintenance. Considering that crows are seen as living spirits of the dead in Japanese folklore, I felt that this was their way of saying that just because it looks like a sign from the gods doesn't mean it is one. A very important lesson.

I reached the second highest summit on Mount Inari and beheld an absolutely gorgeous sunset over the hills of Kyoto shining over the city. It felt like this was the Kitsune's way of telling me that, though I might not reach my highest goal, I will still rise high if I followed my passion. The way down was significantly shorter than the way up, oddly enough, and though I was physically tired, I ran down those narrow steps as fast as I could without a single ache or pant.

Words alone were crude and simple to such an incredible, living experience.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:12 pm

WELCOME SRBrant!!!

This is wonderful to have you sharing here

I have had various spiritual epiphanies as well and understand how they can really change a life. I congratulate you for following it.

Your website is fascinating to me, though I have still not found/made the time to thoroughly go through it.

But we are living in a time where any real change imo must come from strange places and creative out-of-the-box minds... so as long as you are doing what you feel you must do to assist this you have my respect.

"Whatever makes you the best person you can be is the right path for you." -well said

I will look into it further when I can and for sure will post some questions. I hope you stick around to help answer (can I make you a Fox avatar? :) )

There are some rather enlightened folks here, though the place may be small. Perhaps some connections are already being woven!

Peace/Love

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Masato wrote:WELCOME SRBrant!!!

This is wonderful to have you sharing here

I have had various spiritual epiphanies as well and understand how they can really change a life. I congratulate you for following it.

Your website is fascinating to me, though I have still not found/made the time to thoroughly go through it.

But we are living in a time where any real change imo must come from strange places and creative out-of-the-box minds... so as long as you are doing what you feel you must do to assist this you have my respect.

"Whatever makes you the best person you can be is the right path for you." -well said

I will look into it further when I can and for sure will post some questions. I hope you stick around to help answer (can I make you a Fox avatar? :) )

There are some rather enlightened folks here, though the place may be small. Perhaps some connections are already being woven!

Peace/Love

Why thank you, I'm ever so flattered! I'd also be happy to answer questions that you may have!

And yeah - I just skimmed through this site and already I can tell that you've got quite a few good minds among ye.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:22 pm

SRBrant wrote: We seek not only to assist in the ending of corporate tyranny, but to also spread a philosophy; one that emphasizes harmony with all things, be it between man and nature, secular and spiritual, reason and intuition, or between our intellectual aspirations and our most basic desires.

Very nicely written. That is a powerful grouping of words/ideas

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:04 am

Masato wrote:
SRBrant wrote: We seek not only to assist in the ending of corporate tyranny, but to also spread a philosophy; one that emphasizes harmony with all things, be it between man and nature, secular and spiritual, reason and intuition, or between our intellectual aspirations and our most basic desires.

Very nicely written. That is a powerful grouping of words/ideas

Thank you, Masato.

Heh... You know, when I saw the name of your site, I thought you were an indie toy/model company or a tool-and-die workshop. Which would be great, since the Kitsune Society is in need of talented artisans. But then again, you can't really match the influence that a writer AND an artist has.

To support our cause and philosophy (and avoid being called "weeaboos"), the Kitsune Society is developing a cultural identity of its own; Japanese-inspired, but still very distinct. Though I have provided much of the foundation for its identity, the "forumites" here have so much to offer to it. If aspects of our aesthetics are not divinely inspired, then they will be inspiring for the divine.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:17 am

I actually called you a weeaboo in my first post, but that got lost in cyberspace.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:25 am

No harm done. But another reason for it is to create a form of Shintoism adapted for the Western Hemisphere. Bamboo doesn't grow in Minnesota, after all. And we want it to better relate with the gods that hold their domains in North America. That's the beauty of Shinto: it's always changing and adapting.

Just like the Fox.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”