Masato Toys hits Spanish VICE Magazine!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Masato Toys hits Spanish VICE Magazine!

Postby Masato » Thu May 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Hey all, check it out:

Masato Toys: Creatividad evolutiva para humanos superiores

http://fightland.vice.com/es_mx/blog/masato-toys-creatividad-evolutiva-para-humanos-superiores?utm_source=fightlandtwittermx

Rough Google translate but reads OK:

Art is an activity inherent to the human spirit that comes from the need to create. It's an aesthetic vision affected by the feeling of the era, the cultural heritage and artistic and technical possibilities of individual expression. With the rise of the media and the immediacy of information it has contributed to the proliferation of artists with new visions and tools.

We all have a potential artist but few develop the ability to synthesize what they see and what they feel with the fluidity that gives the improvement of the tools. Artists are unofficial chroniclers.

Superior human evolutionary creativity is the slogan that crowns the website Masato Toys, project launched in 2002, designed and self-funded by the creator, known as Masato. Masato is an artist whose personal work is a critique of the reality of society. An incisive writer whose work there is great capacity for analysis, argumentation and information. The network is the platform for the dissemination and most of the production that is currently on your page focuses on the world of MMA, companies, people and events of the time of this world come.

"I started making jokes about matters of MMA to my friends. My goal with this was fun, explore and practice while developing a style to slowly introduce and discuss issues that I think are most important. Most of my work so far is transitory, "said Masato.

The transition to the world of politics, a subject that fascinates and of great concern to the author, who believes that many people are not aware of the great changes that are coming that the media manipulate the opinions and what is visible for the welfare of their interests.

"The way the world is handled is not at all what we were taught. We were mesmerized by the TV and politics, we do not see things clearly. The art industry that controls not want to touch these issues, there is a barrier that needs to be broken "continued Masato. "We believe the popular artists are popular because most people consume, but it is not working. These trends come from a minority that has the power and funds to put it in front of everyone and distribute radio, news, theaters, cinemas, museums, television ... comes from a minority who have the power to look like a majority. It comes from the top down. "

To break this barrier Masato proposes creative activism where the artist is obliged to expose current problems that had previously been treated in negative ways and stressful for people. Creative activism is a trend that you want to spread ideas fresh and original ways to understand that the current method is the protest, reaffirming the negative approach. With its proposal, Masato seeks to generate reflection and raise awareness in a positive way through humor to make us receptive.

"Art happens when good ideas are with good workmanship (technical), that the spark occurs. Not only is making nice art, and I see enough of this. Although my work is not high class, its advantage is that people can approach it because it is fun and I am able to laugh at myself. "

Masato is described as a common man who supports his family and pay your bills with full-time job. He graduated from one of the best schools in animation Canada, where he honed his talent and learned the use of certain tools for creating images but despite living his professional success, not content with what they have learned and constantly nourished his knowledge to improve their personal projects.

"I am a successful commercial artist, I do illustrations and storyboards, I have this job since before having politically conscious. I started developing my speech as a result of having this job because while drawing can I hear things and I hear interviews, debates, documentaries, lectures and speeches throughout the day. I educate myself while I work, so in the last fifteen years I have heard hours of everything that interests me learn. I received a very interesting education in this direction. "

The first joke was Masato collectable Ronda Rousey with arms fashion accessory, thereafter, coloring books, comics, posters, photographs, food menus, reports, illustrations and gifts have been part of the display of wit the artist doe

The most tasted published a report of a 1982 game called Fight Charly You predicting the UFC. The report reveals the similarities that are up in the characters and the images displayed of course - and fictional - game , in which cozy nostalgic show with graphics of the time.

Another work that gives us a dose of childhood , is the children's story , slightly bloody - and more amused , Masato and a group of collaborators of your site, they give us bedtime . Despite the repeated requests of his fans by releasing a physical edition, this book was never printed .

Worth full read Sonnen's War, a serial comic of eight chapters gracefully star Chael Sonnen, Randy Couture, Nick Diaz, Tito Ortiz, Wanderlei Silva and other legendary fighters of MMA undertaking a very clever search to find an unknown character it has corrupted and manipulated the UFC and minds of the fighters who work for this company. In the words of Masato, a metaphor of society and revolution, with high political content and sufficient dose of humor and irreverence.

Masato has a powerful enthusiasm that constantly seeks to share. It is not enough to be a fan of forums (on its website hosts one art, one of MMA, a unique policy, and a political art) which participates in search of intelligent people and interesting discussions as recently published and is selling a Book (real), which is the main news of his page. It is a creation that speaks entirely political, called You Are The President (You Are the President) of which he is very proud and external which is an important step in that transition he has been seeking.

When asked about the source of his passion for the MMA, I said that was due to two legendary figures: Vitor Belfort, who surprised him with his physical when he appeared at UFC demolishing all and using his jiu-jitsu; and Kazushi Sakuraba, which looked at tapes of Pride.

"I've never seen anything as fascinating as when Sakuraba went Royce Gracie fight with two corners masked and no one knew who the real. Then they had that fight over an hour and beats using only Gracie grappling, did not occupy the striking, it was a non-violent fighter who changed my way of seeing this show, "said Masato with exaltation.

"You have to get in touch with creativity and develop it any way you inspire; music, literature, painting and so on. It is important to use some time and energy in life nurturing that part of you, "I talked Masato, an artist who as profundizábamos in each issue, made it clear that it is a conscious man who does much emphasis on the artist must be a Instead generator to help others understand this transition. The work full time and seek a family does not detract time and energy to devote to nurturing their personal work. Masato teaching is simple: there is always time, resources and space to do what you love.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu May 28, 2015 5:25 pm

This is perfect/synchro timing with the release of the book... :D

The writer didn't even know about it, she wanted an interview about all the rest of my stuff... the fact that she put it as the header image is a huge marketing boost from heaven. Unbelievable.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu May 28, 2015 9:26 pm

That's great news man!

penxv

Postby penxv » Fri May 29, 2015 2:07 am

That is pretty cool. Nevertheless...

Regrese al trabajo, amigos.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 29, 2015 6:53 am

It would be great if you became like bob sapp, popular in Mexico but not at home. You could go down and do Mexican pro wrestling matches in your mask and shit.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat May 30, 2015 4:50 am

Congrats man!

Is "unique policy" their translation of "Anarchy Zone: Share whatever the fuck you want" ? lol Its probably rebel alliance but when they started listing them I was curious about how they would translate the realm of Som Pong.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat May 30, 2015 9:50 am

Som isn't going to translate well into mexican
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:17 am

Yeah well that's google translate for ya... It also translated the word 'Higher' from my tagline 'Creative Evolution for Higher Humans' as 'Superiore'

'Higher' is obviously a pun that google doesn't understand, lol (and I would never use the word Superior)

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:10 pm

That is just awesome.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Canuckster wrote:It would be great if you became like bob sapp, popular in Mexico but not at home. You could go down and do Mexican pro wrestling matches in your mask and shit.

- This!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Anarchy Zone”