Masato
Site Admin

Do you believe in a higher power?

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:50 am

very nice Luigi ^^

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:52 am

One interesting thing I have experienced is that on more than one occasion where I was in some serious trouble, I have asked for 'help' from above and immediately strange things happened to rectify the situation.

I'm not talking about long-term coincidence or natural resolving of things... I'm talking direct immediate intervention beyond rational explanation.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Happy B-day to M2. I saw your bday was yesterday but was busy as shit and forgot to make a post.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:09 pm

Masato wrote:One interesting thing I have experienced is that on more than one occasion where I was in some serious trouble, I have asked for 'help' from above and immediately strange things happened to rectify the situation.

I'm not talking about long-term coincidence or natural resolving of things... I'm talking direct immediate intervention beyond rational explanation.

Indeed we dont always have the convenience of rational explanations.

m25105

Postby m25105 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Luigi wrote:Happy B-day to M2. I saw your bday was yesterday but was busy as shit and forgot to make a post.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 am

A higher power, yes, but nothing like anything that the religious world of man has come up with thus far.

I think whatever it is, is way beyond our imagination or comprehension, but its some sort of force or energy that permeates everything in the universe.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:45 pm

^ do you lean in a direction that such a force is more random/unconscious/mechanical?

Or in a direction that it is conscious in nature and some mind is influencing its movement/direction?

That's why I like Taoism, it only focuses on this 'force or energy that permeates everything in the universe', and doesn't try to define it beyond calling it Tao. Taoism is so simple, it only keeps reminding us that we are already part of it. In fact you are it.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:03 am

I really don't think that we can even begin to comprehend what it is or what it can do, or how it works.

Taoism is not the only philosophy or belief system that believes exactly what you described, and it's the idea that makes the most sense to me.
We are all an integral part of the cosmos and we are all linked somehow by a force, even rocks and shit are permeated by the same thing and have a life force.

Whether the force is just a force, or whether there is what we would call intelligence working behind it, is the big question. The golden ratio is a conundrum because it is clearly the math behind all creation, but was it formed by the force like a computer program that just did what was logical, or does it think?

I tend to think it is more like an automaton, it just creates and destroys in logical or maybe even binary ways, like a machine. Maybe we are the human incarnation of it's brain.

The esoteric/occult term "As above, so below" or "As it is above, so it is below" is saying that we are each a universe, and as it happens in the big universe, so it happens in all of the satellite universes, i.e - us, humans, and probably all things.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Redneck wrote:Taoism is not the only philosophy or belief system that believes exactly what you described, and it's the idea that makes the most sense to me.
We are all an integral part of the cosmos and we are all linked somehow by a force, even rocks and shit are permeated by the same thing and have a life force.

What other philosophies or belief systems would you say are similar like this?

I find most sort of hint on this concept, but then complicate it up with a bunch of other rules and systems and order etc. Taoism just keeps it simple, and laughs at our futility to ever understand it. That's honest, lol

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:05 pm

I think the problem is - experiences of GOD(or what ever you want o call it , describe it etc etc) , these experiences are hard to communicate using words. If the experience for example happened in your mind and encompassed all of your senses, in a realm that only exist in your mind, or a plane of existence that you experienced but have no way of showing other people how to experience, it is then hard if near impossible to recreate that experience in written form. This experience that is hard to write is then transferred via the word, generation after generation as a description / possible understanding / working of the "God/supernatural/ etc" , when the medium of the word is just selling "it" short.

I have experienced entities, astral projection, hallucinations, visions, chi and healing energy, oness with the universe but these descriptions are a false shadow of the experience.

I think there is truth in everything as everything is the energy that permeates everything else. There is nothing we can not imagine there for there is truly nothing! We are the master weavers who make the grass green :)

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”