Kastle Khabib (Pixel Animation)

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Jehannum

Kastle Khabib (Pixel Animation)

Postby Jehannum » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:07 am

Artist @Empty Emp created over 30 mma sprites which I have brought to life in "Kastle Khabib"

I will leave out the identities of each character, as Empty Emp will be sharing his sprites with spoiler tags
so you can guess who is who. Anyone who spots a genuine error in the animation will have their forum
name "etched" into the updated version. First 4 get on a Gargoyle nameplate :)

I hope Masato'ers have questions!!

Spoiler:
I began the project on the the 27th of August and worked almost exclusively on it till "today" on the 2nd October when I finally judged it to be error-free.
It contained over 700 frames which became the final 48 you see, and Empty Emp made extra sprites on request too which helped me to knit the concepts together.

Converting it to GIF did affect the final render, but that was a key part of the challenge for me and I was happy with the result give or take the odd issue.
To also get it under 2mb was fantastic. I am definitely relieved it's over because I had to create pretty much everything but the people from scratch, which
I edited and animated in a lot of cases too.

It's extremely time consuming :)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:40 am

Heh, pretty cool, reminds me of this

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:27 am

- Look`s like a Nintendo work man. The little details look`s like something from Super Mario world.
You guys should give a try on making video-games.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:29 am

Canuckster wrote:Heh, pretty cool, reminds me of this

- One of the first versions of The Sims? :mrgreen:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:11 am

LOLOLOL

This is tremendous, Jehannum...! Now I understand all the work you were discussing that went into this

I only fear this will be another victim of MMA-Shoop-Art in that most of the jokes are all inside jokes that very few people will understand... I am a pretty big MMA fan and I am getting less than half the jokes. :(

But LOLOL @:

Nate Diaz throwing ninja stars
Nick Diaz smoking spliffs on the sofa a-la Spider Silva pose
Sakuraba doing something to Royce...?
Jon Jones eye-poking pregnant lady?
Ken Shamrock doing something to Don Frye??
VITOR IN THE TUB!!! lolol

I also see Conor, DC, Ronda, Rogan, Northcutt, (is that Chris Leben? lol wtf is he doing??)
The rest I'm afraid are going over my head, I don't even really know who 'Khabib' is

-Who is in the Human Cloning tanks?
-Sushi cloning???
-What is that dark room in the middle? looks like Wandy
-Mighty Mouse with the big head and elf-ears?? lol

so many jokes, I've been out of the MMA shoop-loop for too long, lol

We SHOULD make a video game :D

I still have an entire RPG world with multiple locations and full storyline fully made but the team broke up and it was never made. Maybe we can adapt it using these MMA sprites?

Amazing work man, I'm assuming you posted @ Sherdog, I'll have to drop by and give some props.

Please don't be shy to fill us in on some of the jokes here we may be missing

How many frames total is this thing?

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:09 pm

answers for Masato

Spoiler:
- Nate Diaz is throwing "spinning shit".
- Sakuraba is stinging Royce as he holds onto a leg.
- "Chicken Legs" Jones eye poking the pregnant lady, from his chicken coup.
- Don Frye is called "The Predator" so I made Ken Shamrock into The Predator from the movie.
- I picked sushi as Roy's food because he coached that weird TUF season "Road to Japan" alongside Barnett, and I named all the sushi after pussy from that amazing scene in "From Dusk till Dawn" in the JDS section next to it.
- Middle dark room is Joanna Champion aka Gollum which is what Jessica Penne called her I believe. She has the one belt to rule them all.
- Mighty Mouse is a cartoon and/or comic book character so I gave him the costume and then cloned him as half mouse, with the real one trying to lure the clone into a mouse trap. I actually had a completely different section for that where Mighty Mouse appears at a mouse hole, then a light comes on and he turns and disappears back into the hole, but it looked shit.

I will probably do a write up on it next week and explain all the parts then just put it in spoilers, and yeah I always knew it would only be well received by a small group and everyone else would consider it a retarded nerd thing not worthy of the ten minutes or so you may need, to absorb all the parts mentally :)

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:15 pm

more answers for Masato

Spoiler:
- Wandy is the main clone seen in 3 rooms on that floor, and is being fed to "Zombie" Leben
- how the fuck do you not know who Khabib Nurmagomedov is ffs?

:D

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:29 pm

Masato wrote:LOLOLOL

This is tremendous, Jehannum...! Now I understand all the work you were discussing that went into this

I only fear this will be another victim of MMA-Shoop-Art in that most of the jokes are all inside jokes that very few people will understand... I am a pretty big MMA fan and I am getting less than half the jokes. :(

-edited out list-

so many jokes, I've been out of the MMA shoop-loop for too long, lol

We SHOULD make a video game :D

I still have an entire RPG world with multiple locations and full storyline fully made but the team broke up and it was never made. Maybe we can adapt it using these MMA sprites?

Amazing work man, I'm assuming you posted @ Sherdog, I'll have to drop by and give some props.

Please don't be shy to fill us in on some of the jokes here we may be missing

How many frames total is this thing?

I know it was over 700 frames because I actually reached a frame limit and had to divide the project into 3 files so I could animate the damn thing, but the final gif is 48 frames and was 1.54mb I think.

basically all the scenes were 6-12 frames with the longer sections being extended from 24 to 48, which was the roof defences, mighty mouse clock, khabib section and the Frye/Shamrock section. I did extend a lot of them to the full 24 frames so I had more pauses, and so the action was happening at different times during the whole sequence, rather than all the ideas starting at frame 1

regarding making a game ... it's just too time consuming and the majority of what is needed to make a game work is boring as fuck for me. I love the idea as a gamer of course, but I've dipped my toe in the waters a few times and I'm definitely not willing to commit.

a collaborative shoop project is an interesting idea though that I could be tempted into, though I usually fly solo on that
(see the shooper summerslam thread for news on what I may work on next)

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:27 pm

here are some screenshots of aborted sections

ImageImageImage

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Damn! I could say anything and it would be an understatement as to how awesome this is! Congrats on completing this ambitious project! I thought Joanna was Joe Rogan doing his creepy weigh in thing lol Also I'm not sure who the guy with the rocket is and I have no idea what JDS is doing lol

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”