PedoGate

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Redneck

Re: PedoGate

Postby Redneck » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:49 am

I have to wonder if Weiner took one for the team and accepted a light prison term in order to protect those higher up than him.

Anthony Weiner Gets 21 Months in Prison for Sexting With Teenager

Before the sentence was pronounced, Mr. Weiner, 53, did not so much ask for leniency as try to make a case that he had accepted full responsibility for his crime, and that he was a changed man.

“I acted not only unlawfully but immorally, and if I had done the right thing, I would not be standing before you today,” he said, crying as he addressed the judge.

“The prosecutors are skeptical that I have truly changed and I don’t blame them,” he said. “I repeatedly acted in an obviously destructive way when I was caught.”

Reports of the federal investigation that led to Mr. Weiner’s being charged in the case first became public after the 15-year-old victim’s story was told in a DailyMail.com exposé in September 2016.

It was during that investigation that the F.B.I. discovered on Mr. Weiner’s laptop a trove of emails belonging to his wife, Huma Abedin, a senior aide to Hillary Clinton. That led to an announcement in late October by James B. Comey, then the F.B.I. director, that the bureau had opened a new inquiry into Mrs. Clinton’s handling of official email. The inquiry ended two days before the election. Mrs. Clinton has blamed Mr. Comey in part for her defeat.

The judge, Denise L. Cote of Federal District Court in Manhattan, told Mr. Weiner that his offense was “a serious crime that deserves serious punishment.”

She said that there was a uniform opinion among those who had examined him that he had “a disease that involves sexual compulsivity; some call it a sex addiction.”

The judge said Mr. Weiner was finally receiving “effective treatment for this disease,” including attending group therapy and Sex Addicts Anonymous. “I find he is making an enormous contribution to others who are suffering from that same disease,” she added.

“But the difficulty here,” the judge said, “is that this is a very strong compulsion, so strong,” she continued, that “despite two very public disclosures and the destruction of his career on two occasions, he continued with the activity.”

She cited Mr. Weiner’s illegal exchanges with the girl on Skype, Snapchat and a site called Confide in early 2016. Prosecutors had said in their sentencing memo that during some of these communications, Mr. Weiner “used graphic and obscene language to ask the minor victim to display her naked body and touch herself, which she did.”

“The defendant knew this young woman was in high school and getting her learner’s permit,” Judge Cote said.

After the judge left the bench, Mr. Weiner remained seated at the defense table between his lawyers, Arlo Devlin-Brown and Erin Monju. He was bent deeply forward in his chair, sobbing, his face in his hands.

The judge also fined Mr. Weiner, who must surrender by Nov. 6, $10,000. She said he would also have to register as a sex offender.

During the hearing, Mr. Weiner looked tense and serious, sometimes clenching his jaw. At times, he blinked rapidly, his lips pursed and his nostrils flared. He sipped from a water bottle on the table before him.

When Judge Cote asked if he wanted to speak, he rose and began reading from a statement he had carried with him. His first words were strong and clear; by his third sentence, however, his voice began to break, and he paused often to clear his throat.

“I was a very sick man for a very long time,” he said, his voice growing higher-pitched and weaker.

“I have a disease but I have no excuse,” he continued. “I accept complete and total responsibility for my crime. I was the adult.”

Later, when the judge announced the sentence, Mr. Weiner, who let out a small cry, immediately slumped forward, his hands braced on the table for support. He then lifted his left hand to his face, cradling it, his eyes fixed on the table.

In a letter to the judge, Mr. Weiner had said he felt “profound” regret for his crime, adding that his “continued acting out over years crushed the aspirations of my wife and ruined our marriage.”

Ms. Abedin filed her own one-page letter to the judge, asking for leniency on behalf of their son. She did not attend the sentencing.

His lawyers had sought probation for their client, citing what they described as Mr. Weiner’s “remarkable progress” over the past year. In court, Mr. Devlin-Brown asked the judge to hold out prison as a possibility if necessary, “but not apply it now, and give an opportunity for something positive to emerge from the wreckage of all of this.”

The prosecutors, Amanda Kramer and Stephanie Lake, in their sentencing papers, had said probation was “simply inadequate.” The government had recommended a sentence within the range of 21 to 27 months.

“There is a history here that simply cannot be ignored,” Ms. Kramer said in court. “What is required here to stop the defendant from re-offending, to fully pierce his denial and end this tragic cycle is a meaningful term of imprisonment.”

The judge also addressed one issue that Mr. Weiner’s lawyers had raised in their papers: questions about the teenager’s motives and credibility. They noted she had received $30,000 for the DailyMail.com story and was “shopping” a book proposal.

The judge said the girl’s motives and the fact she had initiated the contact with Mr. Weiner were irrelevant: “She was a minor. She was a victim. She is entitled to the law’s full protection.”

Judge Cote also said that because of Mr. Weiner’s notoriety, there was “intense interest in this prosecution, in his plea, and his sentence.”

“So there is the opportunity to make a statement that could protect other minors,” she added.

Mr. Devlin-Brown, in a statement, cited the judge’s comment. “We certainly hope this public service message is received,” he said, “but it has resulted in a punishment more severe than it had to be, given the unusual facts and circumstances of the case.”

Joon H. Kim, the acting United States attorney in Manhattan, said Mr. Weiner’s sentence was “just” and “appropriate.”

Mr. Weiner left the courtroom without comment, and outside the courthouse, cameras flashing in his face, he stepped into the back seat of a dark green Ford Escape and was driven away.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/nyre ... nager.html

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Redneck wrote:I have to wonder if Weiner took one for the team and accepted a light prison term in order to protect those higher up than him.

It would sure seem that way so far

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:41 am

Masato wrote:
Redneck wrote:I have to wonder if Weiner took one for the team and accepted a light prison term in order to protect those higher up than him.

It would sure seem that way so far

Yeah, and where are Trump's tweets about this? Where is the Justice Dept's press conference? This was serious shit that involved more than just Weiner, it was the reason that Comey reopened the investigation into Clinton. I think it also explains Huma's disappearance from the public eye since her computer was confiscated as evidence. Weiner will go to a 5 star hotel minimum security prison somewhere and be out in a year with good behavior, and the likes of Podesta don't get looked at.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:34 pm

+ More related info on Hillary:

News
Hillary Clinton ‘Cover Up’ Elite Pedophile Ring at State Department According To NBC News Report

News
Hillary Clinton ‘Cover Up’ Elite Pedophile Ring at State Department According To NBC News Report
By Liberty
Posted on September 26, 2017

An NBC news report claims that Hillary Clinton, while acting as secretary of state, shut down an investigation into an elite pedophile ring in State Department ranks in order to avoid scandal.

Joe Martino, Collective Evolution
Waking Times

The Pizzagate topic has been one of great controversy, and for good reason – if true, the implications of the allegations are huge. It would turn how we view powerful people including Presidents, high ranking political officials and those we entrust to run our countries on its head. These people would be, under the definitions of our systems, criminals committing pedophilia.

So one must be careful in digging into the correct details when exploring this subject. At the same time, you would assume that if all of this was not true, it would be no problem allowing full on investigations to take place. Except, that’s not what is happening.

An NBC news report claims that Hillary Clinton, while acting as secretary of state, shut down an investigation into an elite pedophile ring in State Department ranks in order to avoid scandal and protect the careers of high ranking officials and an ambassador. Why would this need to happen?

The NBC investigation was broadcast prior to when NBC became heavily slanted in favor of Hillary’s campaign in the recent election. They were handed internal State Department memos to back up claims of a massive Hillary Clinton elite pedophile ring cover-up.

“Serious allegations concerning the State Department,” the NBC anchor announced, before launching into the disturbing details that mainstream media would be unable to report on in 2017 given the backlash received and cover up that ensued when PizzaGate began circulating.

“According to internal State Department memos the agency might have called off or intervened into investigations into possibly illegal, inappropriate behaviour within its ranks allegedly to protect jobs and avoid scandals.”

“This concerns a time when Hillary Clinton was secretary of state.”

News
By Liberty
Posted on September 26, 2017

An NBC news report claims that Hillary Clinton, while acting as secretary of state, shut down an investigation into an elite pedophile ring in State Department ranks in order to avoid scandal.

Joe Martino, Collective Evolution
Waking Times

The Pizzagate topic has been one of great controversy, and for good reason – if true, the implications of the allegations are huge. It would turn how we view powerful people including Presidents, high ranking political officials and those we entrust to run our countries on its head. These people would be, under the definitions of our systems, criminals committing pedophilia.

So one must be careful in digging into the correct details when exploring this subject. At the same time, you would assume that if all of this was not true, it would be no problem allowing full on investigations to take place. Except, that’s not what is happening.

An NBC news report claims that Hillary Clinton, while acting as secretary of state, shut down an investigation into an elite pedophile ring in State Department ranks in order to avoid scandal and protect the careers of high ranking officials and an ambassador. Why would this need to happen?

The NBC investigation was broadcast prior to when NBC became heavily slanted in favor of Hillary’s campaign in the recent election. They were handed internal State Department memos to back up claims of a massive Hillary Clinton elite pedophile ring cover-up.

“Serious allegations concerning the State Department,” the NBC anchor announced, before launching into the disturbing details that mainstream media would be unable to report on in 2017 given the backlash received and cover up that ensued when PizzaGate began circulating.

“According to internal State Department memos the agency might have called off or intervened into investigations into possibly illegal, inappropriate behaviour within its ranks allegedly to protect jobs and avoid scandals.”

“This concerns a time when Hillary Clinton was secretary of state.”

“There is an old saying in Washington that the cover-up is worse than the crime. But in this case both parts of it are disturbing,” Chuck Todd continued.

“Allegations of prostitution and pedophilia, and allegations that those crimes were somehow covered up or not looked into. So the State Department this morning is having to respond to those claims, and those investigations involve misconduct by State Department officials, including an Ambassador and security agents attached to then secretary of state, Hillary Clinton.”

“The allegations are that these investigations were whitewashed, quashed altogether, and that those orders came from high up.”

“NBC has obtained documents relating to ongoing investigations into some disturbing allegations involving State Department personnel and at least one ambassador. A State Department memo says, quote, “the Ambassador routinely ditched his protective security detail in order to solicit sexual favors from both prostitutes and minor children.

“The memo also says a top State Department official directed State Department investigators to “cease the investigation” into the ambassador’s conduct.” It’s just one of what another document describes as “several examples of undue influence” from top State Department officials.”

Former State Official Steve Piezenik has also come forward explaining how Hillary Clinton is involved in an underground elite pedophile ring.

“We know that both of them have been a major part and participant of what’s called The Lolita Express, which is a plane owned by Mr. Jeff Epstein, a wealthy multi-millionaire who flies down to the Bahamas and allows Bill Clinton and Hillary to engage in sex with minors, that is called Pedophilia.”

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Hey Remember when Iceland kicked out all the bankers and formed a new independent government?

Well, perhaps think again, lol

Iceland's government collapses after PM's father vouches for pedophile
http://www.thejournal.ie/iceland-govern ... =shortlink

ICELAND’S COALITION GOVERNMENT has collapsed a day after returning from its summer break because of a scandal involving the Prime Minister’s father.

Prime Minister Bjarni Benediktsson’s Independence Party was left with only a one-seat majority after last October’s election, and was forced to form a coalition with two other parties: the Bright Future party and the Independence Party.

Last night, the Bright Future party withdrew from government after it was revealed that Benediktsson’s father had written a letter vouching for the character of a convicted child molester so that he could apply for “restored honour”, or a legal clean slate.

In Iceland it’s possible for convicted paedophiles to apply to have their record wiped of their past convictions.

According to the Reykjavik Grapevine, the sex offender in question was Hjalti Sigurjón Hauksson, who was convicted of raping his stepdaughter almost daily for 12 years.

In a statement released to the media, the prime minister’s father Benedikt Sveinsson said:

I have never considered the restored honour as anything except a legal procedure making it possible for convicted criminals to regain some civil rights.

I did not think of it as something that would justify Hjalti’s position towards his victim. I told Hjalti to face his action and to repent.

The leader of Iceland’s Pirate Party, which surged in the polls ahead of the last election, said that the PM “has hid for two months his father’s support for a paedophile’s clemency”.

The Bright Future party said that there had been a “breach of trust” in the three-party coalition, as they weren’t informed of the PM’s father’s letter of resignation.

“The board of Bright Future has decided to terminate cooperation with the government of Bjarni Benediktsson,” the party said in a statement on Facebook. “The reason for the split is a serious breach of trust within the government.”

Now it looks as though Iceland is heading towards another election, less than a year after the last tumultuous election campaign which revolved around a different type of scandal.

Following the release of the Panama Papers last April, Iceland’s left-wing opposition had hoped to sweep to power on a wave of discontent after the trove of documents detailing account holders in offshore tax havens included a great number of their own lawmakers.

A large majority of Icelanders called for the country’s political establishment to be voted out of office, including Benediktsson, whose name appeared in the Panama Papers.

But those left-wing groups – including the aforementioned Pirate Party – were stopped just short of winning a majority, meaning that the centre-right coalition was formed.

Now it looks like those same left-wing political groups will get a second chance at a seat in government.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:33 am

Anthony Weiner Gets 21 Months in Prison for Sexting With Teenager

Before the sentence was pronounced, Mr. Weiner, 53, did not so much ask for leniency as try to make a case that he had accepted full responsibility for his crime, and that he was a changed man.

“I acted not only unlawfully but immorally, and if I had done the right thing, I would not be standing before you today,” he said, crying as he addressed the judge.

“The prosecutors are skeptical that I have truly changed and I don’t blame them,” he said. “I repeatedly acted in an obviously destructive way when I was caught.”

Reports of the federal investigation that led to Mr. Weiner’s being charged in the case first became public after the 15-year-old victim’s story was told in a DailyMail.com exposé in September 2016.

It was during that investigation that the F.B.I. discovered on Mr. Weiner’s laptop a trove of emails belonging to his wife, Huma Abedin, a senior aide to Hillary Clinton. That led to an announcement in late October by James B. Comey, then the F.B.I. director, that the bureau had opened a new inquiry into Mrs. Clinton’s handling of official email. The inquiry ended two days before the election. Mrs. Clinton has blamed Mr. Comey in part for her defeat.

The judge, Denise L. Cote of Federal District Court in Manhattan, told Mr. Weiner that his offense was “a serious crime that deserves serious punishment.”

She said that there was a uniform opinion among those who had examined him that he had “a disease that involves sexual compulsivity; some call it a sex addiction.”

The judge said Mr. Weiner was finally receiving “effective treatment for this disease,” including attending group therapy and Sex Addicts Anonymous. “I find he is making an enormous contribution to others who are suffering from that same disease,” she added.

“But the difficulty here,” the judge said, “is that this is a very strong compulsion, so strong,” she continued, that “despite two very public disclosures and the destruction of his career on two occasions, he continued with the activity.”

She cited Mr. Weiner’s illegal exchanges with the girl on Skype, Snapchat and a site called Confide in early 2016. Prosecutors had said in their sentencing memo that during some of these communications, Mr. Weiner “used graphic and obscene language to ask the minor victim to display her naked body and touch herself, which she did.”

“The defendant knew this young woman was in high school and getting her learner’s permit,” Judge Cote said.

After the judge left the bench, Mr. Weiner remained seated at the defense table between his lawyers, Arlo Devlin-Brown and Erin Monju. He was bent deeply forward in his chair, sobbing, his face in his hands.

The judge also fined Mr. Weiner, who must surrender by Nov. 6, $10,000. She said he would also have to register as a sex offender.

During the hearing, Mr. Weiner looked tense and serious, sometimes clenching his jaw. At times, he blinked rapidly, his lips pursed and his nostrils flared. He sipped from a water bottle on the table before him.

When Judge Cote asked if he wanted to speak, he rose and began reading from a statement he had carried with him. His first words were strong and clear; by his third sentence, however, his voice began to break, and he paused often to clear his throat.

“I was a very sick man for a very long time,” he said, his voice growing higher-pitched and weaker.

“I have a disease but I have no excuse,” he continued. “I accept complete and total responsibility for my crime. I was the adult.”

Later, when the judge announced the sentence, Mr. Weiner, who let out a small cry, immediately slumped forward, his hands braced on the table for support. He then lifted his left hand to his face, cradling it, his eyes fixed on the table.

In a letter to the judge, Mr. Weiner had said he felt “profound” regret for his crime, adding that his “continued acting out over years crushed the aspirations of my wife and ruined our marriage.”

Ms. Abedin filed her own one-page letter to the judge, asking for leniency on behalf of their son. She did not attend the sentencing.

His lawyers had sought probation for their client, citing what they described as Mr. Weiner’s “remarkable progress” over the past year. In court, Mr. Devlin-Brown asked the judge to hold out prison as a possibility if necessary, “but not apply it now, and give an opportunity for something positive to emerge from the wreckage of all of this.”

The prosecutors, Amanda Kramer and Stephanie Lake, in their sentencing papers, had said probation was “simply inadequate.” The government had recommended a sentence within the range of 21 to 27 months.

“There is a history here that simply cannot be ignored,” Ms. Kramer said in court. “What is required here to stop the defendant from re-offending, to fully pierce his denial and end this tragic cycle is a meaningful term of imprisonment.”

The judge also addressed one issue that Mr. Weiner’s lawyers had raised in their papers: questions about the teenager’s motives and credibility. They noted she had received $30,000 for the DailyMail.com story and was “shopping” a book proposal.

The judge said the girl’s motives and the fact she had initiated the contact with Mr. Weiner were irrelevant: “She was a minor. She was a victim. She is entitled to the law’s full protection.”

Judge Cote also said that because of Mr. Weiner’s notoriety, there was “intense interest in this prosecution, in his plea, and his sentence.”

“So there is the opportunity to make a statement that could protect other minors,” she added.

Mr. Devlin-Brown, in a statement, cited the judge’s comment. “We certainly hope this public service message is received,” he said, “but it has resulted in a punishment more severe than it had to be, given the unusual facts and circumstances of the case.”

Joon H. Kim, the acting United States attorney in Manhattan, said Mr. Weiner’s sentence was “just” and “appropriate.”

Mr. Weiner left the courtroom without comment, and outside the courthouse, cameras flashing in his face, he stepped into the back seat of a dark green Ford Escape and was driven away.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/nyre ... nager.html

I am sure. Snitch face.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 am

Was Weinstein a part of what happened to Weiner at some level by the people who went after them?

Weinsten was a Democrat friend, hung out with Hillary, so it seems weird that this would come from the left. If this was from the right, or the Government more the point, is this number 2 on their list?

Will more high profile people be brought down in the near future?

Funny how both of their names start with 'Wein'

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Hoffman recently dropped An Open Secret online due to the exposure of Weinstein & it's back up everywhere (posted on page 2, but was gone quick). uncut version below, catch it while you can...

Hollywood Sex Abuse Film 'An Open Secret' Released Online
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywood-sex-abuse-film-an-open-secret-released-online-first-time-1048706

"Harvey Weinstein, by the way, is not the only one who has used confidentiality settlements. That's why more of Hollywood's behavior hasn't been exposed. This is the tip of the iceberg," says producer Gabe Hoffman.

An Open Secret, a documentary about the sexual abuse of teenage boys at the hands of Hollywood big-wigs, generated plenty of publicity a few years ago, but no suitable offers for digital distribution.

Now, with new sexual allegations against Harvey Weinstein and others in the movie and TV industry coming practically daily, the producer of An Open Secret has posted his film online for the first time, free for the next nine days.

This is the original, unedited cut of the film. Some parts, including audio recorded evidence of admission of guilt by pedophiles, was removed from the 'official' film due to legal pressure from some of the very men featured in this documentary. These sections remain intact in this version that has been leaked to the internet for all to see.

What Happens When You Accuse a Major Hollywood Director of Rape?
http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/michael-egan-bryan-singer-lawsuit.html

What made Egan’s accusations news this spring was that he didn’t just name DEN’s executives; he named prominent members of the gay Hollywood elite, including Singer.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:10 pm

This is an old gay-themed TV-short pilot of an attempted series called "Chad's World". I think is was done back in 1998, and this is the only episode.

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Weinstein is "casting couch" & that's as far as it will go IMO... but it has got people talking...

Hollywood’s Other ‘Open Secret’ Besides Harvey Weinstein: Preying on Young Boys
https://www.thedailybeast.com/hollywoods-other-open-secret-besides-harvey-weinstein-preying-on-young-boys

Last week, former child actor Corey Feldman (Stand by Me, The Goonies) tweeted that he’d been asked for a statement about Harvey Weinstein’s sexual-harassment and rape allegations. It makes sense, since he has spent years speaking out about sexual abuse in Hollywood—not of women, but of young men. He has long alleged that pedophilia is the worst problem in Hollywood and that it’s in part responsible for his best friend Corey Haim’s eventual death by drug overdose.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter in 2016, Feldman said: “[Haim] had more direct abuse than I did. With me, there were some molestations, and it did come from several hands, so to speak, but with Corey, his was direct rape, whereas mine was not actual rape. And his also occurred when he was 11. My son is 11 now, and I can’t even begin to fathom the idea of something like that happening to him. It would destroy his whole being. As I look at my son, a sweet, innocent, 11-year-old boy and then try to put him in Corey Haim’s shoes, I go, ‘Oh my God—well of course he was erratic and not well-behaved on sets and things like that.’ What more could we expect of him really?”

He continued, “Everybody deals with things differently. I’m not able to name names. People are frustrated, people are angry, they want to know how is this happening, and they want answers—and they turn to me and they say, ‘Why don’t you be a man and stand up and name names and stop hiding and being a coward?’ I have to deal with that, which is not pleasant, especially given the fact that I would love to name names. I’d love to be the first to do it. But unfortunately California conveniently enough has a statute of limitations that prevents that from happening. Because if I were to go and mention anybody’s name, I would be the one that would be in legal problems and I’m the one that would be sued. We should be talking to the district attorneys and the lawmakers in California, especially because this is where the entertainment industry is and this is a place where adults have more direct and inappropriate connection with children than probably anywhere else in the world.”

Legal problems stemming from sexual-harassment or -assault allegations are a major issue in Hollywood, and contribute to a culture of silence. Weinstein is alleged to have paid off at least eight of his accusers—on the condition that they agree to strict nondisclosure agreements to prevent their stories from going public. Furthermore, the movie mogul’s employment contract at The Weinstein Company reportedly protected him from being fired because of sexual-harassment allegations.

Beyond the legal hurdles, Weinstein accuser Rose McGowan alleges that the actor Ben Affleck knew about his sometime employer’s predatory behavior and failed to speak up, while other A-listers Matt Damon and Russell Crowe were named by journalist Sharon Waxman as unwittingly helping to kill a New York Times exposé on Weinstein back in 2004.

Similar barriers exist in the cases of abuse allegations from younger men in Hollywood. Feldman once discussed child abuse on The View, where Barbara Walters charged that he was “damaging an entire industry.”

And when people make allegations that are later withdrawn or dismissed, it becomes that much more difficult for victims to speak up. Famed director Bryan Singer (X-Men) has had accusations leveled against him for years, from a lawsuit alleging that he made minors shower in the nude on film for Apt Pupil in 1997 to sexual-abuse allegations in 2014. The Apt Pupil lawsuit was later dismissed due to lack of evidence, and the other sexual-abuse lawsuits were withdrawn by the accusers. However, that hasn’t stopped actors from singling out Singer. On Sunday, as the Weinstein scandal continued to unfold, actress Evan Rachel Wood tweeted, “Yeah lets not forget Brian [sic] Singer either.”

And then there was former The Real O’Neals star Noah Galvin, who in a since-deleted quote from an interview with Vulture, said: “Yeah. Bryan Singer likes to invite little boys over to his pool and diddle them in the f—ing dark of night. (Laughs.) I want nothing to do with that. I think there are enough boys in L.A. that are questionably homosexual who are willing to do things with the right person who can get them in the door. In New York there is a healthy gay community, and that doesn’t exist in L.A.”

The quote was later removed from the interview and Galvin issued an apology on Twitter: “I sincerely apologize to Bryan Singer for the horrible statement I made. My comments were false and unwarranted. It was irresponsible and stupid of me to make those allegations against Bryan, and I deeply regret doing so.”

The Singer allegations were also to be included in An Open Secret, filmmaker Amy Berg’s eye-opening documentary on the child sexual-abuse epidemic in Hollywood, but were later excised from the final cut. (Singer, for his part, stated that, “The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious, and completely false.”)

In the case of Weinstein, the abuse lasted decades, but it took an actress of Ashley Judd’s stature to finally speak out about him and let the floodgates open. Unfortunately, such a groundswell is not likely to come from an actor like Feldman, an ’80s star who doesn’t have the industry cachet of an Ashley Judd.

But perhaps the tide is turning and the shame associated with being a male victim of abuse is beginning to vanish. Brooklyn Nine-Nine actor Terry Crews spoke out last week about being sexually assaulted by a high-level Hollywood executive in the wake of the Weinstein news. So did James Van Der Beek, who blasted Weinstein for his crimes before sharing his own story: “What Weinstein is being accused of is criminal. What he’s admitted to is unacceptable—in any industry. I applaud everybody speaking out. I’ve had my ass grabbed by older, powerful men, I’ve had them corner me in inappropriate sexual conversations when I was much younger... I understand the unwarranted shame, powerlessness & inability to blow the whistle. There’s a power dynamic that feels impossible to overcome.”

If that weren’t enough, the media finally began taking the industry to task over its embrace of filmmaker Victor Salva.

In 1988, while filming his debut feature Clownhouse, Salva sexually abused his 12-year-old star. He eventually pleaded guilty to five felony counts: lewd and lascivious conduct, oral copulation with a person under 14, and three counts of procuring a child for pornography. Still, Salva has been allowed to direct film after film in the wake of his conviction, from Powder to the Jeepers Creepers trilogy.

Documentaries like An Open Secret and the testimony of former child actors like Feldman have long contested that pedophilia and the abuse of young men is Hollywood’s other dark secret. If that is truly the case, what more will it take for it to come to light?

Corey Feldman busted for marijuana possession days after calling out Hollywood’s pedophilia problem
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/corey-feldman-busted-marijuana-possession-article-1.3580913

Actor Corey Feldman was charged Saturday with possession of marijuana, just days after the star made a passionate plea that his Hollywood abusers be forced to reap what they've sown.

The "Stand by Me" star, 46, was headed to a gig in Monroe, La. with his band, Corey Feldman & The Angels, when the group's RV was pulled over for speeding, according to The News Star.

Feldman was charged with one count of possession of marijuana and driving under suspension, and was released without being booked.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”