Random rant about stuff in my life

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Luigi

Re: Random rant about stuff in my life

Postby Luigi » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Vutu: All of those calorie estimator things always tell me I should be eating 2500-3000 cals, I eat about 1000 less calories than that. I do a bit of cardio, like 5-10 mins at the start of every workout. I find doing extended cardio is just so boring. Sure I would try your plan. I like eating pizza, bacon, pitas, and pretty much anything spicy.

Mas: Hey dude. I am not trying to lose weight because I am having weight related health issues or anything like that, I just want to optimize my health while also improving my looks. Its just frustrating that Im pretty close to my goal and I have been for a long time but I can't quite get it(yet). As for martial arts, I don't have any extra cash for a normal gym membership let alone MMA classes. I work out using the weight room I have built in my basement over the years (dumbbells 15-65 lbs, a treadmill, a kettlebell, a bench, a barbell with 100 lbs in plates). I do have one of those rubber dummies though and everyday I hit him with 50 middlekicks and bunch of punches and knees. I don't smoke weed regularly but every now and then one of my friends will buy some and we will smoke it on a saturday night. A few weeks ago we did so and watched that movie labyrinth where David Bowie is the goblin king lol Funny you should mention Rocky music because thats my designated warm up song when I do bench press. I feel pretty blessed that there are so many good workout songs on youtube I can put on at any time. In terms of the spiritual stuff, I think Im pretty good on that front. Im definitely more spiritual than the average person in my society. Maybe though it is time to pray.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:54 pm

^^ Sounds like you're gonna be OK brah :D

Agree with Vutu about the gambling.

Don't stress too much about appearances, none of it can be maintained forever lol. A wonderful freedom actually when one doesn't really give a fuck anymore. I remember about a year after highschool (1st year Uni) I got bad acne, but in retrospect I think it kinda saved me because if I didn't have acne then, I may have become an obnoxious fool, lol It forced me to lay low for a while and let that shit go. Maybe saved me some bigger embarrassment or trouble.

I imagine its the same with weight etc, I am trying to hang on to some level of fitness but the older I get the lower my expectations. It might be a good day when I am older and don't give a fuck about that either, lol gimme them cookies

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Masato wrote:^^ Sounds like you're gonna be OK brah :D

Agree with Vutu about the gambling.

Don't stress too much about appearances, none of it can be maintained forever lol. A wonderful freedom actually when one doesn't really give a fuck anymore. I remember about a year after highschool (1st year Uni) I got bad acne, but in retrospect I think it kinda saved me because if I didn't have acne then, I may have become an obnoxious fool, lol It forced me to lay low for a while and let that shit go. Maybe saved me some bigger embarrassment or trouble.

I imagine its the same with weight etc, I am trying to hang on to some level of fitness but the older I get the lower my expectations. It might be a good day when I am older and don't give a fuck about that either, lol gimme them cookies

Munchies are a bitch man, biggest reason I don't do it much anymore.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Looks wont last forever, but I think its important to optimize yourself until you hit 40, still be in good shape until youre 50, and stay fit enough to maintain good health after that. How can I ask the universe to grant me motivation if my expectations are unfitting to maximize the yields of said motivation? I have had a taste of the Herculean path and I wont give it up in the next 10+ years. Eating cookies will never equal the feeling of well earned victory. I think I can do this. I know I can push myself further. I am worried about the acne getting worse but I can just wash my face 3-4 times a day, I think it could work.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Luigi wrote:Looks wont last forever, but I think its important to optimize yourself until you hit 40, still be in good shape until youre 50, and stay fit enough to maintain good health after that. How can I ask the universe to grant me motivation if my expectations are unfitting to maximize the yields of said motivation? I have had a taste of the Herculean path and I wont give it up in the next 10+ years. Eating cookies will never equal the feeling of well earned victory. I think I can do this. I know I can push myself further. I am worried about the acne getting worse but I can just wash my face 3-4 times a day, I think it could work.

3-4 times a day sounds like it would just irritate the skin, no? could be diet related, eat more veggies less greasy stuff?

Have you tried prescription medication? Over the counter shit doesn't work but the prescription stuff I've seen work pretty good.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:13 am

Diet to stop acne is an interesting consideration. I wouldnt say I eat a lot of greasy food but the chicken I eat is sometimes fatty. I will try eating more green veggies.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:32 am

I got lucky with acne, neither of my parents got it growing up and I only had the odd pimple here and there, I probably still get just as many pimples now as in my teens.

Part of it is obviously genetic (no one in my gen either side ever had to worry about it), partly diet - we hardly had junk food at home growing up, my parents were just fucking misers not health conscious.

Lastly I think regular showering helps too, I have a min of two per day absolute min and I use laundry cleaning soap cause it smells ,like soap not puppy's farts or whatever.

I notcied in Thailand few people suffered from acne (Galt please confirm) and in South Korea every fourth HS kid I saw had some kinda skin problem, mainly acne. The thais shower before they do anything of a morning whereas the Koreans will fill a plastic basin with water and thoroughly wash their faces with soap, water then brush teeth and theyre done and out the door. Nothing scientific here and I dont proclaim to know the personal hygiene habits of 60mio thais + 60mio Koreans this is just what I saw.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:43 am

Acne isn't common here. I haven't had a pimple in years and I use the same bar of soap for my whole body.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:28 am

less gmos?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:28 am

http://www.evilyoshida.com/thread-15012.html

Luigi, just read this and thank your lucky stars your life hasnt got this bad and most likely never will. That im willing to bet on.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”