Fight calendar and discussion

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Fight calendar and discussion

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Clay Guida vs. Bobby Green slated for UFC 225

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Apr 18, 2018

Clay Guida is back in action this summer.

“The Carpenter” fights in the Octagon for the 26th time when he meets Bobby Green at UFC 225 at the United Center in Chicago on June 9, the promotion announced Wednesday. It will be a home booking of sorts for Guida, who hails from Round Lake, Ill.

The matchup was first reported by FanSided.

This is the first fight of 2018 for Guida, 36, who finds himself on the first winning streak of his career since 2011 after back-to-back wins over Erik Koch and Joe Lauzon last year. He defeated Lauzon by first-round TKO at UFC Norfolk in November to improve his UFC record to 14-11 and his overall record to 34-17.

Both of Guida’s 2017 wins took place at 155 pounds following a 3-4 featherweight stint. He has spent the majority of his career competing at lightweight.

Green (24-8-1) found some redemption of his own last year, picking up a unanimous decision win over Koch at UFC on FOX 27. The 31-year-old snapped a four-fight winless streak dating back to July 2014.

Injuries have also hindered Green, as he’s only managed to make the walk to the cage five times in the last four years.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/18/17252046/clay-guida-vs-bobby-green-slated-for-ufc-225
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 pm

WWE Greatest Royal Rumble: Confirmed Matches For The 2018 PPV

Last updated by Mat Elfring on April 20, 2018

While Wrestlemania 34 wrapped up recently, there is another major 2018 WWE event on the horizon: Greatest Royal Rumble. On Friday, April 27, Saudi Arabia will host this show, which can be streamed on the WWE Network. The main event for the show will be the largest Royal Rumble match of all time.

The card for the show is starting to come together, with new matches being added to the event over the course of the next two weeks. If you're wondering why there aren't any women's matches on the card it's because of the country's extremely conservative views, and women can attend the show but cannot wrestle.

Because of the time difference, the show will air in North America at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT with a Kickoff show on the network starting one hour prior, as the show begins in Saudi Arabia at 5 PM BST / 7 PM AST. As of this writing, there's no clear indication of how long the show will be, but advertisements for it have said all the major WWE titles--minus the two women's ones--will be on the line, so expect this to be a longer event.

The main event of the evening will be the Greatest Royal Rumble match, a Royal Rumble consisting of 50 wrestlers. Prior to this event, the 2011 40-man Royal Rumble was the only Rumble to have more than 30 superstars involved. We'll keep you updated when new matches are added to the card. As of now, there are seven confirmed matches for it.

Greatest Royal Rumble Match Card

Undertaker vs. Rusev (Casket Match)
The Bar vs. Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt (For the Raw Tag Team Championship)
John Cena vs. Triple H
The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Usos (For the Smackdown Tag Team Championship)
The Miz vs. Seth Rollins (c) vs. Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe (Ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship)
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Jinder Mahal (For the United States Championship)
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns (Steel cage match for the Universal Championship)
AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (For the WWE Championship)
50-Man Royal Rumble

If for some reason you can't watch Greatest Royal Rumble when it airs--because it's on in the early morning--don't worry because GameSpot will be covering it live.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wwe-greatest-royal-rumble-confirmed-matches-for-th/1100-6458269/

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Full ONE C event in HD:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Luigi wrote:Full ONE C event in HD:

- I prefer the cage. The ring is a letdown.
Im on the first match.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:42 am

Volkan Oezdemir vs. ‘Shogun’ Rua booked for UFC Hamburg main event

By Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll Apr 23, 2018

Volkan Oezdemir may not be able to compete at UFC Chile, but he and Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua are now set to clash in the main event of UFC Hamburg on July 22 instead.

The UFC announced the fight through the its social media channels on Monday morning, following yesterday’s news that the Swiss light heavyweight would not be able to compete in Chile due to his ongoing legal situation, stemming from a third-degree felony battery charge back in August.

Oezdemir (15-2) had a five-fight win streak snapped when Daniel Cormier handed him a second-round TKO defeat in a championship bout at UFC 220. He had been granted a title shot on the back of first-round knockouts over Misha Cirkunov and Jimi Manuwa. “No Time” announced himself in the division with a split decision win in his debut over Ovince Saint Preux at UFC Fight Night 104 in Houston, Texas.

Former light heavyweight champion Rua (25-10) has not competed since his third-round TKO win over Gian Villante back at UFC Fight Night 106 in Fortaleza, Brazil last March. The win over Villante made it three victories in a row for “Shogun”, adding to back-to-back decision wins over Corey Anderson and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

Despite holding the UFC title at one stage, “Shogun” is currently on the longest winning streak of his promotional tenure, which began back at UFC 76 in September 2007.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/23/17269932/volkan-oezdemir-vs-shogun-rua-booked-for-ufc-hamburg-main-event

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:46 am

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:50 pm

- Surprised at the fedor victory!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:13 pm

I just found out about this guy Charlie Powell who was in the MLB, then quit to go to the NFL, and was also a pro boxer who fought Muhamed Ali and Floyd Patterson. Cool story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Powell

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:11 pm

Luke Harper Recalls How WWE Came Calling At The Right Time

Adam Interviews Jon Huber, aka Luke Harper

WEBSTER, N.Y. (WROC-TV) - Backyard wrestling is more of a hobby than anything else – a way to have fun pretending to be a professional wrestler.

But when Jon Huber's cousin asked him to try it out, “yarding” became something more than a game.

It became the first rung of a very tall ladder that would take him from Irondequoit to stardom.

Last month, Huber reached a WWE milestone when he claimed a Wrestlemania tag team title.

Back in his hometown of Webster, Huber reflected on his rise from the rings of Rochester.

At the early stages, Harper would drive to wrestling events around the region with gear, but without a match in hopes a wrestler wouldn't show.

“That's how I got my break,” Huber said. “There's a place in Pennsylvania called Chikara where a guy didn't show up and I was the only guy there who was a wrestler.”

He'd soon be traveling to events where a match was waiting for him, but even then he couldn't fathom getting a call from the WWE.

Then it came.

Huber was 32 and more than willing to say yes, but he couldn't.

“My wife told me she was pregnant and I lost my job, I was a librarian at Frederick Douglas Middle School and so I thought the world was over and they called and said, “Hey, can you come for a trial and I said, 'No, I have a broken leg,'” Huber remembers.

Six months went by.

“My wife was 8 months pregnant and I was just coming back from Japan and I said, 'Honey, I'm done, this is it, I'm just going to go get another real job and we'll make do here,' and that's the day (WWE called saying), 'Hey, can you come for a tryout?'” Huber said.

Luke Harper was born.

Huber brought to the ring a character masked by long black hair, a giant scraggly beard and crazy eyes that reveal a power keg of a personality.

“I think it's just in there,” Huber said of Harper's wildness. “I don't know. If you ask my wife, she'll tell you when I lose my keys, I look like the red light's on so, I think it's just in there somewhere and just has to be drawn out.”

Harper is now followed by a half million people on Twitter and kids buy his figurine at Walmart, yet when he's not on the road he's keeping it low key with his wife and two young kids.

His true talent might be his ability to turn it all off and go back to quick-with-a-smile Jon Huber.

“There's a switch, but then when I get home my son wants to challenge me for my title, which I have to say no, no, no because he's always winning,” Huber said.

Though there's a professional pull south, Huber, who graduated from McQuaid Jesuit High School, wants to stay in the Rochester area.

“Rochester is a very special place for me, I love it here. Red Hots are my favorite thing in the world, garbage plates are wonderful, I have to be careful with them though,” he said. “To me, Rochester just has a different feel and you could go to Buffalo or Syracuse and it doesn't feel the same as it does here … I've been here my whole life except for the 2 years we went to Florida and much to my wife's chagrin I'm going to stay here as long as I can.”

Between matches, Huber, now 38, can often be found in Gold's Gym in Webster keeping alive a dream he dared to dream because of one person.

“My dad told me when I was 20, he had leukemia and was dying and it was a real rough time and he kind of discovered what life was about in that time that he was sick and he told me. 'Man, you've gotta go out and do what you gotta do, like, if you love it, go do it,'” Huber said.

Moments after Huber took hold of the belt at Wrestlemania, he spotted his wife and oldest son in the crowd of 78,000 people and smiled.

His dad told him to go do it, and he did.

Sources: http://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/adam-interviews-jon-huber-aka-luke-harper/1144540635

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/948819-luke-harper-recalls-wwe-came-calling-right-time-scott-dawson-shows-softer-side

- Dude is a amazing wrestler!

Return to “Super Dojo”