If it weren't for the accents this would be Australia

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

If it weren't for the accents this would be Australia

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:18 am

Except our politicians arent stupid enough to blatantly admit this and theyd just pass a law to stop any further legal action by the guy but still..

Basically - "We can fuck over the little guy and we mad cause this guy has us out gunned"

Is that what you guys are hearing?

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:57 am

She sounded like an absolute bitch. The guy following her made it clearer why the object of her hate is more of a 'nuisance'. From what I heard the government wasn't actually trying to take land from him. All they were proposing to do was lay pipes through his land. Pipes that would be underground, so not really causing much of a nuisance once they were installed.

But this woman really painted herself and the government in a terrible light. Like you pointed out her annoyance was in the fact that the guy was able to fight the government and would likely win in a court of law. Which means the guy has the law on his side! Was he being civically minded by not letting the government run the water pipes through his land? No, and she should have gone that route when she was saying her bit. But like you say, her main bone of contention seemed to be that she was annoyed that this guy had the government beat and the only reason he was able to beat them was due to having money.

It is incredibly damning really. She wasn't trying to argue that what the government was doing was right, but seemed to be saying that the government should have a divine right to do what they want and she was annoyed that this guys money was enabling him to legitimately litigate against them.

Anyway, to stop myself going round in more circles. From what the guy after her said, maybe the litigant could have handled things differently, but she is definitely a tyrannical bitch who isn't happy that the government didn't get their own way.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:27 am

Benwahwah wrote:She sounded like an absolute bitch. The guy following her made it clearer why the object of her hate is more of a 'nuisance'. From what I heard the government wasn't actually trying to take land from him. All they were proposing to do was lay pipes through his land. Pipes that would be underground, so not really causing much of a nuisance once they were installed.

But this woman really painted herself and the government in a terrible light. Like you pointed out her annoyance was in the fact that the guy was able to fight the government and would likely win in a court of law. Which means the guy has the law on his side! Was he being civically minded by not letting the government run the water pipes through his land? No, and she should have gone that route when she was saying her bit. But like you say, her main bone of contention seemed to be that she was annoyed that this guy had the government beat and the only reason he was able to beat them was due to having money.

It is incredibly damning really. She wasn't trying to argue that what the government was doing was right, but seemed to be saying that the government should have a divine right to do what they want and she was annoyed that this guys money was enabling him to legitimately litigate against them.

Anyway, to stop myself going round in more circles. From what the guy after her said, maybe the litigant could have handled things differently, but she is definitely a tyrannical bitch who isn't happy that the government didn't get their own way.

Yep.

The thing is that she says "People like you and I just end up having our property taken"

Firstly bitch youre addressing your constituents namely the people of Dallas Texas so there is no "you and I" you cunt, you're their fucking servant so address them accordingly.

Secondly thats right bitch "TAKEN" IDGAF if its for the supposed common good of the community or whatever, a person buys property and they own it. Eminent domain laws are legalised theft, strong arming of the government the power of which gets on sold to rich property developers via campaign funding.

We have those laws here and they suck ass, the government gets lent on by powerful developers and people like my parents who poured their heart and souls into their homes for 30+ years get fucked over. We call it "compulsory taking" here I think but what happens is the government changes zoning laws in your area, the developers move in and buy around you and panic sets in.

My parents bought their place for $45K in 1979 and sold it for $2.5M in 2016 when it was worth fuckloads more than that, straight fucked in the ass.

Politicians need to be subject to bullwhipping and waterboarding.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”