Uncle Mega's B-Movie Ping Pong Project

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Carts of Darkness

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:This is great. We can fit Fergie into the ping pong movie Masato :D

I like the idea of taking characters from life and throwing them into a fictional story.

I also like the idea of introducing a new world through the eyes of a total outsider, as opposed to a character who's already involved...

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:32 am

Masato wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:This is great. We can fit Fergie into the ping pong movie Masato :D

I like the idea of taking characters from life and throwing them into a fictional story.

I also like the idea of introducing a new world through the eyes of a total outsider, as opposed to a character who's already involved...

Yes, and any time you can add Safeway cart racing hobos to your story it's bound to enhance the sheer entertainment value considerably. The culture clash between the 1960s Chinatown ping pong scene and the North Shore bottle collecting, cart racing alcoholic hobo scene of today promises to be fascinating.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Masato wrote:

Yes, and any time you can add Safeway cart racing hobos to your story it's bound to enhance the sheer entertainment value considerably. The culture clash between the 1960s Chinatown ping pong scene and the North Shore bottle collecting, cart racing alcoholic hobo scene of today promises to be fascinating.

I agree, wasn't joking.

I heard a talk the other day about the 'Bilbo Baggins' archetype, which is a hero character that comes at the story from the outside, always the underdog, and never the real 'hero' of the story but their small deeds have a subtly big effect on the larger players. I heard this just after I thought of merging your Ping Pong idea with the 'Carts of Darkness' bums, and it kind of clicked.

I've already visualized an opener for it, and yes it starts with cart racing :D

I need an idea for some inconspicuous object that would be really important to the Ping Pong elites but could also be found in a recycling bin (a bottle or something). I think this could be the link, Fergie finds it in the trash one morning collecting and racing with his hobo pals

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:38 pm

You better put me In your movie bro
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Masato wrote:I need an idea for some inconspicuous object that would be really important to the Ping Pong elites but could also be found in a recycling bin (a bottle or something). I think this could be the link, Fergie finds it in the trash one morning collecting and racing with his hobo pals

what about a "message in a bottle" that was accidentally put into the recycling bin?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Yeah something like that. But what does the message say? Who sent it? To whom?

If you guys wanna help, especially/obviously Mega as its his concept, I would enjoy the challenge of puzzling together a working storyline. I've been studying screenwriting for many years, learning how to make good character arcs and a 3-Act structure and theme, etc. Maybe I'll bump Mega's original thread

Its Uncle Mega's Ping Pong concept, as seen through the eyes of a homeless bottle-collector/cart racer who stumbles unwillingly into this world.

Could be a fun side project to tinker with.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:27 pm

We would of course have to fictionalize Fergie, I don't know the guy etc

I was thinking maybe he could be a hobo that really loves animals, small animals he loves to feed the birds and squirrels etc.

One of the villains in the Ping Pong world could have a bird trapped in a cage, and somewhere around the climax/end of the film Fergie could have an opportunity to let it out

Not as any major plot point, just fishing for some character development/flavor to help find the story in at this stage. Could be a good moment

Let me know what you think Mega (or anyone else interested in pitching in)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:27 pm

PS: merged the posts from the other thread if anyone is confused lol

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:04 am

Canuckster wrote:You better put me In your movie bro

Sure thing, though these are not necessarily flattering characters mind you.

Safeway cart racer or Chinese ping pong player?
el rey del mambo

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:16 am

Chinese ping pong player

Me rikey velly much!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”