goin back to BC

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

goin back to BC

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Hey all

So as I've posted before my mom is getting ravaged by ALS. She is now wheelchair bound and can not move well at all, needs help with almost everything.

Then I found out last night my Dad is starting to have issues too, several health issues starting to complicate. That changed everything.

Got the news about Dad in the middle of Lifedrawing last night, a friend next to me gave condolences saying 'I've been there'... and could see in his eyes exactly what that meant; he is older than me, and in an instant I could read almost the whole story; that he'd been through the whole deal and likely went through it already to the end.

I remember my parents taking care of my Grandparents who went through similar things, interesting to see them now taking their turn and watching that circle of life revolve. One day it will be me, etc

What a life it is to be human! Knowing we are not alone through these times offers some comfort and perspective but doesn't make the times any less suffering. I am not afraid of them passing, only afraid of the suffering and how long it might last. Jealous of those who live strong and go peacefully one night in their sleep, etc.

Whats worse is that I am 5000kms away/. My brother is there and is awesome/helping lots but I'm sure its hard on him too he has his own life to maintain on top of it all. I'm considering going to help but cannot afford to stop working, work has been scarce enough lately as it is. Contemplating maybe scrounging for a computer out there so I can still work, but really how long can I stay away from my own wife and kids?

Tough stuff fellas

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:06 am

Hang in there champ, all that are born must die it's just the way it is. If they dont go today or tomorrow they will eventually. Thats how I found peace when my mother died, it was essentially inevitable and your kids will learn to cope with your death by watching you through this.

You dont want them to fall apart when that happens right?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Hang in there champ, all that are born must die it's just the way it is. If they dont go today or tomorrow they will eventually. Thats how I found peace when my mother died, it was essentially inevitable and your kids will learn to cope with your death by watching you through this.

You dont want them to fall apart when that happens right?

Thanks bro

I don't fall apart over this stuff, some sad feelings sometimes sure but I keep it together/don't crack. and you are right I am always mindful of teaching my kids healthy ways of dealing with things. My son already is pretty wise about this stuff its kinds of crazy to hear how he thinks already

If I'm gonna 'fall apart' over anything, it'll be about work being scarce these days and watching my bank account go down, lol that freaks me the fuck out sometimes, lol

Unless any o y'all got a few extra G's to float me? :D

I am scoring more BJJ hours out of it though

Dad gets some tests back soon, we'll see how things look from there. Amazingly, my mom is probably the most cool of any of us, a real example to witness.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Yeah hang in there bro. I'll be in your shoes soon. Well, not too soon. My folks are 70 and still healthy. I'm like the designated son to take care of them when the time comes since the rest of the fam is in Canada.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:18 pm

Just had a talk with them. Mom has decided to not go with any sort of feeding tubes/lung machines or any artificial stuff to extend life. Will go out natural style on God’s time. Dad supports.

Admirable. I think I would do the same.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:36 pm

Masato wrote:Just had a talk with them. Mom has decided to not go with any sort of feeding tubes/lung machines or any artificial stuff to extend life. Will go out natural style on God’s time. Dad supports.

Admirable. I think I would do the same.

Keep your chin up bro,
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:21 pm

I'm not upset by their decision. I'm proud of them

I'd 100% rather see loved ones go sooner and naturally than to try to stretch it out all hooked up to machines in a hospital trying to fight death in a futile effort.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:04 am

I think thats a good idea, those life support machine rental companies make a killing out of people deciding to "fight" for their suffering dying loved one.

Not sure about Canada but here they morphine them the fuck up to ease them out.

Peace be with you and your family brother, the world will stop for you for about a week, then the mourning will start. We will be around when you need us on this journey bro, Godspeed.

Fuck that is so cringeworthy, Im acting like a death expert after losing just one family member in my life. Fucking LOL

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:43 am

im ordering my family to put dmt in my iv when its my time to go
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:17 am

This is horrible news Masato.

I'm very sorry to hear this.
el rey del mambo

Return to “Anarchy Zone”